Roast Where are you Richo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being in a position where the CEO's email to members after a straight sets exit was about not renewing Ken's contract, saying thanks for your service and announcing a hand over to Josh Carr as a part of a planned transition, instead of a "whoops! sorry :(" boilerplate with some [insert some good things here] listed to soften the blow.
clenching intensifies

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

I haven't seen a bigger divide between the fans and the club/Kens media racket since he's been at the club.

They are in overdrive on the airwaves and in the papers, yet every fan I speak to Port or otherwise can't believe we re-signed him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's worse than that. It's a huge divide., not only between the club and fans, but between different fan factions. Never has this club as a whole been less united.

Never Tear Us Apart, indeed.

That email is atrocious. A series of poorly written dot point that offer nothing, followed by 3 (THREE) paragraphs on the AFLW, which i personally don't give the slightest f**k about.

They should talk about the AFLW as much as they possibly can because it's the only part of the club that is respectable and functions professionally and in a way that resembles a high performance sporting team.

The email itself isn't the problem.

It's the fact that it's the fourth one he's sent since he stepped into the role, and that saying something like "there are no excuses" when clearly there are because no one is ever held accountable, makes him look like an administrative robot spewing out false platitudes to quell the masses.

May as well sign it off with "thoughts and prayers".
Or see all you mushrooms next year.

They should talk about the AFLW as much as they possibly can because it's the only part of the club that is respectable and functions professionally and in a way that resembles a high performance sporting team.
Might be due to the fact it is run by a female cohort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking email from Richardson. 'We own it'.

Where? How?
What they SHOULD be owning is that the real weak link here is the senior coach, but they can't come out and publicly admit that fact, as they'd be forced to utter those awful words, "WE WERE WRONG." I don't reckon Koch, Hinkley or Richardson have said that since they've been at the club, and they're not about to start now.

It is pretty interesting that absolutely no one I know in Adelaide who is a Port fan wants Hinkley, and wanted him gone several seasons ago at minimum.

Who are these people that post YAY DADDY on the clubs socials other than bots? Crazy recluses and human refuse? Honestly.

Who are these people that post YAY DADDY on the clubs socials other than bots? Crazy recluses and human refuse? Honestly.

A subset of Boomers, who my current theory is that they experienced so much success in their formative years that their brains are hard wired to accept anything the Port Adelaide Football Club says regardless of how increasingly ridiculous it gets.

A lot of people that didn't follow football until the What a spectacle, the Portress, NTUA are now the ones posting basically just happy to be a part of it. They are the ones the club now cater to. Which is why they are happy with just being competitive occasionally as it keeps those types entertained just enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Where are you Richo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back