Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Swan Districts.
I feel for me, as much as I'd like to be an optimist and say we'll win at least one premiership in the next five years, I don't know how likely that is with how even the competition is, yeah, our young core will all be hitting their prime at the same time, but I think realistically, we hand around the top 4, make a few preliminary finals, maybe even a grand final, but I don't know if we'll win the premiership.

What are your team's realistic expectations?

Assuming we can trade Barrass for a 1st and 2nd rounder, we dont lose any young talent we dont want to lose, we hit with draft picks at a normal rate, and current mid 20s age players carry on roughly as expected, I think finals in 3 years is very achievable(I have west coast at 2 years behind the Hawks in their rebuilds).

On from that if we can recruit mature role-players to fill the gaps successsfully then in the top 4 in 5 years.

Too hard to tell with a big offseason coming though, really depends on this draft and next years draft.

Along with Richmond, I think West Coast are one of the hardest to place

a long slow breakdown and rebuild for us, it's going to take some time to turn the ship around.
Yet, if things go in our favour come trade period we could be off to a cracking start with acquiring a large group of new kids.
still there will be alot of pain and darkness for some time to come.

I’ve seen enough post bye to feel warm and confident that we are over the nightmare hell hole that was the past 6 years.

Disappointed to be unable to close out winnable games post bye though the core is young enough and skilled enough to get into winnable positions and I think the foot on throat mentality will come with a 2025 shake up of senior players.

Geelong every year falling off this imaginary cliff to end up finishing in the finals year after year.

Essendon coming out with media releases that enough is enough in the year 2029.

Craig McRae arrested for ten counts of assault after having a mental breakdown punching all journalists in his presser after a fourth straight season of bottom 4.

The swans academy will have the first 18 picks of the draft by 2029, then the rest of the clubs will get their first draft pick while the interstate clubs say its beginning to reconcile for Vic bias.

St kilda and Carlton will go thru 10 more coaches

Luke beveridge has lifetime tenure

Ken hinkley will still be going strong running to and from the quarter huddles with a shield to fend off the thrown rocks.

Melbourne will become the first legal cocaine retailer shop in Australia.

All the above sounds about right.

Last edited:
2025 Pies will rebound for top 6 next year. Sidebottom, Pendles, Howe, Cox retire at year end.
2026 16th Elliot, Mihoceck, Mitchell retire
2027 16th
2028 15th
2029 9th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6-weeks ago I would have said something completely different but now, I really have no idea.

No-one in our club has learnt from the past, they just keep repeating the same dumb decisions in relation to recruitment, coaching & team selection.

I have followed Carlton all my life (I was at the 1968 GF) and this is the first time ever I'm questioning my allegiances to the Blues.

They don't seem to care about the supporter base who have been burnt for near on 30-years.

I took out a Giants membership up here when they first came in (I'm a 'foundation member') because I really want to see the code grow dramatically. However, it may not take much more of the utter crap the CFC keep serving up for me to jump ship to the Giants properly as painful as that is to say.

Thing is, speaking to some other Carlton supporting friends, they too have nearly had enough of the mismanagement & lack of professional structure at Princes Park.

It feels like there may be a seismic change within the supporter base at Carlton, this season really hurts (again) and at some stage, you have to say 'enough is enough'.

6-weeks ago I would have said something completely different but now, I really have no idea.

No-one in our club has learnt from the past, they just keep repeating the same dumb decisions in relation to recruitment, coaching & team selection.

I have followed Carlton all my life (I was at the 1968 GF) and this is the first time ever I'm questioning my allegiances to the Blues.

They don't seem to care about the supporter base who have been burnt for near on 30-years.

I took out a Giants membership up here when they first came in (I'm a 'foundation member') because I really want to see the code grow dramatically. However, it may not take much more of the utter crap the CFC keep serving up for me to jump ship to the Giants properly as painful as that is to say.

Thing is, speaking to some other Carlton supporting friends, they too have nearly had enough of the mismanagement & lack of professional structure at Princes Park.

It feels like there may be a seismic change within the supporter base at Carlton, this season really hurts (again) and at some stage, you have to say 'enough is enough'.
Sorry Lord Lucifer.

You can't divorce your team like they are your cranky missus that you're sick of, and run off with the hot new orange chick.

People choose a team at 5 years of age, and that's it. Till death do us part.

Enjoy!

Sorry Lord Lucifer.

You can't divorce your team like they are your cranky missus that you're sick of, and run off with the hot new orange chick.

Enjoy!
It's a blessing and a curse at times.

Sorry Lord Lucifer.

Enjoy!

I had to fight my younger brother to get Jezza's number on my jumper instead of Big Nicks, I've been following the Blues for near on 60-years, I've been through & seen the good times. Sadly, the club I grew up following is a rabble now and is starting to hold little interest to me.

I'd like to watch some games and not feel embarrassed or be mentally involved nowadays, I just want to enjoy footy again & its becoming harder & harder every year.

Around Adelaide level this year. Some good players with skills that can cause some upsets against good teams but as a whole the team not functioning quite right.

I had to fight my younger brother to get Jezza's number on my jumper instead of Big Nicks, I've been following the Blues for near on 60-years, I've been through & seen the good times. Sadly, the club I grew up following is a rabble now and is starting to hold little interest to me.

I'd like to watch some games and not feel embarrassed or be mentally involved nowadays, I just want to enjoy footy again & its becoming harder & harder every year.
I know where you're coming from.

Around 2007 I lowered my expectations to the floor, and enjoyed victories as they happened. I was sick of getting too involved and being disappointed.

It worked well for me, and the Tigers came good in the end. But it was a conscious decision I made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back