Where will the game be won and lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

The ruck is most important this week.
I think Brogan should smash into Ottens at every opportunity, starting with the opening bounce. If Brogan can soften up Ottens, Lade can then come in and do his thing.

Both teams are missing a defender from last time, which means a re-shuffle of both defences.
Egan out: He stood Tredrea last time, but Harley may now have to do the job.
Motlop:Harley was used on Motlop last time, but if Harley goes to Tredrea a new match-up is required. Not sure they have one.
They could always put Scarlett to Tredrea, but this leaves Westhoff to exploit their other backs.

Chapman is the danger for us. Wilson would have stood him, but that is not an option now.
Wakelin-Mooney
Chaplin-Johnson
Surjan-Stokes
Thurstans-N.Ablett
Pettigrew-Chapman
P.Burgoyne- Kelly/Byrnes/Varcoe

If Lower comes in as people have suggested I guarantee that whoever he picks up will take him straight to the goalsquare and be given the entire 50 to work in. I think its too much to ask a kid playing his 1st game of the season, his 1st final and his 1st game at the MCG to do a job like that.

Personally i think Robbie Gray could get under their guard and cause them another difficult match-up. Hunt picked up Ebert last time and will probably do so again, but if Gray is in the side they will have to re-jig that.

The midfield is even and the tags could go like this.

K.Cornes-Bartel
Cassisi-Ablett
Ling-C.Cornes
Rooke-S.Burgoyne

We have an advantage in Ruck, pace and the coaches box imo.

Lovely analysis RB, but I reckon you have missed where the game is won or lost.

In the head

I was going to Chicago but that won't be happening anymore.

However in my dash to post everywhere over the internet for other possible solutions I have come across another person in Detroit who is also from Adelaide and wants to see the game.

Amazingly this person (a Crows supporter:rolleyes:) is going to the length of installing DirectTV tomorrow so he can get the Setanta channel so we get to go over his place to watch the game.

Due to his eagerness and a good display by Port in the Grand Final I reckon I might be able to swing this bloke over to the dark side. :D

I was going to Chicago but that won't be happening anymore.

However in my dash to post everywhere over the internet for other possible solutions I have come across another person in Detroit who is also from Adelaide and wants to see the game.

Amazingly this person (a Crows supporter:rolleyes:) is going to the length of installing DirectTV tomorrow so he can get the Setanta channel so we get to go over his place to watch the game.

Due to his eagerness and a good display by Port in the Grand Final I reckon I might be able to swing this bloke over to the dark side. :D
Nah, doubt it LOL

I am watching the game with about 10 Port blokes at a mates house...I will enjoy the game on the day and "support" Port after a few of Mr Coopers finest, but after 5pm my support stops....

And if they get flogged I will be the happiest bloke in the House

DOnt put all of us in that basket....

Geelong and Port at their best...their is a big gap between Top and the rest of the competition
9 AAs,
Most Brownlow votes Polled in History for a single team
Brownlow winner
Dominated the ladder in percentage....

Tells me that this team is somethign special...

The GF is Geelongs Game to Lose, not Ports to win....

Sorry Geoff, i didn't mean to include you.

Anyone would have thought they were the dominating team this year, they dont like to give credit outside of their little circle:eek:

Sorry Geoff, i didn't mean to include you.

Anyone would have thought they were the dominating team this year, they dont like to give credit outside of their little circle:eek:
Thats Port Adelaide for you.....Arrogance....But in our state league (SANFL), they have a right to be...AFL is a different story....

Crows are still more successfull

Thats Port Adelaide for you.....Arrogance....But in our state league (SANFL), they have a right to be...AFL is a different story....

Crows are still more successfull

Enjoy being more successful for another 30 hours or so. :thumbsu:

Remember whose board you are on, and if you really must continue to take time out of your September gardening schedule to post here, smarten it up a bit, or you'll be carded in no time.
Sorry mate...but only a lil banter...Nothing serious, you Port boys are usually good at light hearted jibe, better than Carlton at elast who did yellow card me...

In Premierships though we are more successfull. Just stating facts. And I do hope to our club keeps the record as the only South Aussie team to have not lost an AFL GF....Even if it was last centruy :eek:

The gardens lookigna treat, the rain we are having should green things up....

not great? only the highest scoring forward line this year.

...due to outstanding supply from the midfield and a springloaded defence. Your forward line gets the job done, but it's not the reason you are where you are.

your backmen need to have their socks pulled up.

Moons, you are fighting a loosing battle.....facts mean nothing to these people.

They simply cant acknowledge that maybe some teams do things better than them.

I must admit that at least P.A are good at lairising, aka Tredders and Corne chips

Moons, you are fighting a loosing battle.....facts mean nothing to these people.

They simply cant acknowledge that maybe some teams do things better than them.

I must admit that at least P.A are good at lairising, aka Tredders and Corne chips

So why do you bother coming here.....we certainly dont want YOU here!

Is it?

Nathan Ablett 20 games 31 goals. (1.55 Goals per game)
Gary Ablett 24 games 29 goals (1.21 Goals per game)
Cameron Mooney 24 - 62 (2.56 Goals per game)
Mathew Stokes 20 - 32 (1.60)
Steve Johnson 19 - 45 (2.37)
Who do we use as number 6 ?? (Chapman perhaps 18 - 26 (1.45))

That is a total of 9.29 Goals per game from your main 5 forwards.
10.71 if we use 6.

Warren Tredrea 19 - 29 (1.53)
Justin Westhoff 15 - 34 (2.27)
Brett Ebert 24 - 56 (2.33)
Daniel Motlop 14 - 44 (3.14)
David Rodan 24 - 28 ( 1.17)
who do we use as 6 ?? (Shaun Burgoyne perhaps 24 - 38 (1.58) )

That is a total of 10.44 Goals per game from our main 5 forwards.
12.02 if we use 6.

Another Geelong myth Busted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it?

Nathan Ablett 20 games 31 goals. (1.55 Goals per game)
Gary Ablett 24 games 29 goals (1.21 Goals per game)
Cameron Mooney 24 - 62 (2.56 Goals per game)
Mathew Stokes 20 - 32 (1.60)
Steve Johnson 19 - 45 (2.37)
Who do we use as number 6 ?? (Chapman perhaps 18 - 26 (1.45))

That is a total of 9.29 Goals per game from your main 5 forwards.
10.71 if we use 6.

Warren Tredrea 19 - 29 (1.53)
Justin Westhoff 15 - 34 (2.27)
Brett Ebert 24 - 56 (2.33)
Daniel Motlop 14 - 44 (3.14)
David Rodan 24 - 28 ( 1.17)
who do we use as 6 ?? (Shaun Burgoyne perhaps 24 - 38 (1.58) )

That is a total of 10.44 Goals per game from our main 5 forwards.
12.02 if we use 6.

Another Geelong myth Busted.

It's called options. One of the things which was highlighted during our end of season review last year was that our midfielders needed to get fitter and kick more goals. We might not have the highest scoring forward line in the league, but we are by far and away the highest scoring team. Even Scarlett runs down the ground and has the occassional shot. You might be able to stop 3 or 4, but you can't stop everyone.

Good one Mooron....its a public forum

Are you jealous of Geelong having 9 AA, how many games did you see of Geelong to say they didn't deserve to be there.

That's just it simpleton, the individual club boards on Bigfooty are for the supporters of that club.

Supporters from other clubs are welcome to post only if they observe very strict guidelines.

You have not respected our club, and its supporters, on our board, so you should POQ, before your arse is booted out.

It's called options. One of the things which was highlighted during our end of season review last year was that our midfielders needed to get fitter and kick more goals. We might not have the highest scoring forward line in the league, but we are by far and away the highest scoring team. Even Scarlett runs down the ground and has the occassional shot. You might be able to stop 3 or 4, but you can't stop everyone.
Now you change it from highest scoring forward line to options?
Anything to suit hey? :rolleyes:

One thing for sure, the Melbourne media and the Geelong supporters certainly have been paying us no respect right through this build up.
All the talk about Port Adelaide has been in a patronising / condescending way.

Kerr and Judd were only injured for our game weren't they?
You had you very best 3 players missing but in round 9 we had our full strength team on the park.
The list goes on and on, lucky to make the final my arse. :rolleyes:
To get here we had to beat the teams that came 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th on the ladder in the last 5 weeks. Guess what, the challange was there and we passed. In 2004 we also beat every team that came in the top 4 during the last few weeks.
During this same period Geelong beat the team that came 4th twice, the one that came 6th once and lost to the second placed team, but we have been the lucky ones hey?
If we win today by beating the team that finished 1st for a second time we will be truly deserving winners.

Anyway, goodluck for the game you will need it. You lot have been the best team during the year and are deserving favourites but without luck you will not win it. To win these sorts of games a team needs to have some luck, all teams do, and one thing for sure this will be not be a romp in the park like the Geelong supporters and Melbourne media are making it out to be.

Anyway, goodluck for the game you will need it. You lot have been the best team during the year and are deserving favourites but without luck you will not win it. To win these sorts of games a team needs to have some luck, all teams do, and one thing for sure this will be not be a romp in the park like the Geelong supporters and Melbourne media are making it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Who cares about the Melbourne Media...Our Adelaide media have been talking Power up, even known media people who support the Crows......The media in both states are trying to make it SA v Vic..

I cant beleive the odds on Centrebet having Geelong as outright favourites...

If you truly think Port weill win you could do worse than to lay a few hundred on them....

Remove this Banner Ad

Where will the game be won and lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back