Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 17-18

Votes: 13 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Again you assume things I never said.
Haha you are so laughable.
I would put you on ignore but you are good for amusement
Even Jackie Lambie is smart enough to realise that if you support what is said in a post you are actually saying it yourself. I'll help myself to the last laugh.

Well, i think it is pretty safe to say we will finish above Carlton this year after yesterdays offering. That ia always a positive.
It is early days, but i think we can challenge for 7 or 8th.

Even Jackie Lambie is smart enough to realise that if you support what is said in a post you are actually saying it yourself. I'll help myself to the last laugh.

Go ahead and laugh. We had a winning culture. Give me cousins Kerr chick mainwaring and whoever else you think are poor human beings. We won games of football and won a premiership. I don't care if they are the biggest dick heads in the world. Don't care if they do drugs either, that is theirs and the police's problem. I care about ped's in our club, don't want anything to do with them in our club.
In any case, that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to a strong successful culture that nisbett clearly doesn't promote in our club. His concern is money and a squeaky clean image it seems. Hence priddis types are never held to account for their shitness cause he is a really nice guy. Just don't expect winning from him.
Don't be mistaken, culture comes from the top. Not just from the coach or from the players.

Well now that round 2 is almost over, just want to update my predictions.

1st: Hawthorn (Do I need to explain?)
2nd: Fremantle (Looked great so far, will be up the top if they can keep their players on the park)
3rd: Sydney (Same old Sydney)
4th: Port Adelaide (Struggled so far, but expect them to bounce back)
5th: Adelaide (Look like this year's bolter. May run out of steam as the year goes on)
6th: Geelong (Wise heads will prevail and help to keep them in the frame)
7th: Essendon (Rough first week, but have shown enough for me. Will improve as their match fitness increases)
8th: North Melbourne (Horrible start to the year. They have the players to turn it around)
9th: Collingwood (Will be up and down this year with their younger players)
10th: Western Bulldogs (Good start. Will run out of steam by the end of the season)
11th: West Coast (Ups and downs this year, like last year. Have an easy draw, so could break the 8 with a bit of luck)
12th: Richmond (Fall from grace this year. Hardwick may be sacked)
13th: GWS (Will fade towards the end of the year)
14th: Brisbane (Will show improvement on last year with their new recruits)
15th: Melbourne (Will improve this year, but still 1-2 years from pushing anywhere near the 8)
16th: St Kilda (Ups and downs this year with their young team)
17th: Gold Coast (Will struggle to adapt to a new coach this year. Will be a bolter next year)
18th: Carlton (Looks like a bad year. Malthouse will be either sacked or will resign)

Interchangeable: 1-4, 6-12, 13-18.

Obviously we will be very vulnerable if we get any more costly long-term injuries, and I expect the top 4-5 sides to expose us when ever they click into 5th gear against us, but I do believe in Simpson, and think he'll eek out further team development that will reap dividends. Probably 10th or something, similar to how Mark Williams and Dean Laidley started their head coach stints.

I'd love for the ladder predictor to be out a bit earlier in the year. Like pre-round 1. Makes it alot easier to gauge as it takes into account the fixture. But anyhow.

1. Hawthorn
  2. Fremantle
  3. Adelaide
  4. Sydney
  5. Port Adelaide
  6. Essendon
  7. North Melbourne
  8. Geelong

9. Western Bulldogs
  10. West Coast Eagles
  11. Richmond
  12. Gold Coast
  13. GWS
  14. Brisbane
  15. Collingwood
  16. Melbourne
  17. Carlton
  18. St Kilda
Trying to avoid being too reactive after two rounds but I do actually see the Crows and Dogs finishing in that range.

So uh, lets end the season now, we finished seventh and won 4 straight finals to win the flag with fyfe kicking it out on the full in the grand final against us after the siren for us to win by 1 point. :D

I'd love for the ladder predictor to be out a bit earlier in the year. Like pre-round 1. Makes it alot easier to gauge as it takes into account the fixture. But anyhow.

My take:
  1. Hawthorn
  2. Sydney
  3. Fremantle
  4. Essendon
  5. Port Adelaide
  6. Adelaide
  7. Geelong
  8. North Melbourne

9. Western Bulldogs
  10. GWS
  11. West Coast Eagles
  12. Richmond
  13. Brisbane
  14. Collingwood
  15. Melbourne
  16. Gold Coast
  17. Carlton
  18. St Kilda
Not too far off yours, but think GWS will be tougher to beat this year (while GCS are falling apart), and Adelaide while better this year still aren't really top 4 material.

Note that this is just where I see the ladder going - tougher to say who will win finals as that really depends on injuries, late season form etc.

My take:
  1. Hawthorn
  2. Sydney
  3. Fremantle
  4. Essendon
  5. Port Adelaide
  6. Adelaide
  7. Geelong
  8. North Melbourne

9. Western Bulldogs
  10. GWS
  11. West Coast Eagles
  12. Richmond
  13. Brisbane
  14. Collingwood
  15. Melbourne
  16. Gold Coast
  17. Carlton
  18. St Kilda
Not too far off yours, but think GWS will be tougher to beat this year (while GCS are falling apart), and Adelaide while better this year still aren't really top 4 material.

Note that this is just where I see the ladder going - tougher to say who will win finals as that really depends on injuries, late season form etc.

Yeah GWS are a hard one to gauge. Will be interesting to see if they can win games against decent teams.

Sigh.

Maybe we should just finish last and pick up some decent replacements. Sometimes I wonder if being down the bottom of the ladder whilst the expansion teams where raping the best picks has prolonged our already long turn around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh.

Maybe we should just finish last and pick up some decent replacements. Sometimes I wonder if being down the bottom of the ladder whilst the expansion teams where raping the best picks has prolonged our already long turn around.

I imagined so, the year we actually got the wooden spoon and should of had the first pick, we got bumped down by goldcoast to third IIRC.

Thought I'd post an interesting ladder prediction from Betjam (For those who don't know, they are a betting tip provider, probably #1 for AFL.)

Betjam said:
Looking at the available data using Champion Data statistics, the below ladder will be an rough indication of what it could look like after Round 13 when every team has had a bye.

Obviously there will be upsets and random results during the time, which no data or model can predict but using raw data on hand for H2H matches, the algorithms produce this potential standing:

Fremantle 12-0
Hawthorn 10-2
Port Adelaide 10-2
Sydney 9-3
GWS 9-3
Adelaide 7-5
Western Bulldogs 7-5
Collingwood 6-6
--------------------------------
West Coast 6-6
North Melbourne 6-6
Essendon 6-6
Richmond 4-8
Geelong 4-8
Melbourne 4-8
Carlton 2-10
St Kilda 2-10
Gold Coast 2-10
Brisbane 1-11

Interesting at least. I wonder what stats they used to predict...

I imagined so, the year we actually got the wooden spoon and should of had the first pick, we got bumped down by goldcoast to third IIRC.
Gaff is heading for an AA year, Swallow has been out with injury a lot, bennell has had troubles and Sam Day has reached nowhere near his potential. Heppell, Luke Parker and Brodie smith are the only players who's output has been better in their career so far (aa, F& B) in that draft. We killed it in that draft Darling, Gaff, McGovern, Lycett. We even have Jamie Cripps from that draft as well (drafted by saints). We would have even done better if we hadn't promoted 3 rookies (strijk, callum Wilson and Stevenson).

after that putrid round one display, it's glaringly evident that we have fallen a mile off the pace over the past couple of years.

our players aren't developing, tactically we look inept and the squad looks to have very little confidence.

i don't think there's any doubt now that we will finish bottom 4 (possibly even win our 2nd spoon)

the question is, what will the club do about it?

I absolutely agree with everyone you just said. Even though you will be labelled a bandwagon supporter by these other simpletons.

Bottom four this year.
Guarantee it!!!

Credit to you both for posting it how you saw it. I remember thinking at the time (after the loss to the bullies and with Brown going down) that bottom four was a distinct possibility, but even with 4 stomachs I didn't have the guts to put it on here for fear of future embarrassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where will we finish in 2015?

Back