Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
What position do you honestly think your team will finsh in 2007, and a brief explanation why.

I'll kick the ball rolling with Melbourne.

6th (before and after finals).

Will win a plethora games at the MCG and hard to see them going backwards with the assemble of young kids coming through. Needs to learn to win in Perth, Adelaide and Telstra Dome (4 games there next year). Would've loved a bit of activity at the trading table.

Top 4, top 2 is very likely too I'd say, and I'm saying this maybe will not only apply at the end of the H&A season but perhaps by end of finals too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans: 1 or 2. The younger members of the team are playing better than 2005 and we won't have the hangover that nearly unravelled 2006. And Spida will give an interesting new focus for a revised gameplan.

Very difficult to say in Port's case. If Tredders doesn't recover well, if our youngsters don't continue to improve, if the squad doesn't gel, with so many new people, we won't make the eight.

If Tredders gets back to his dominant best, if Cornes plays CHB, our youngsters continue to improve and the squad gels well, we will probably make top four.

5th after H&A season. Same as this year

Why? Because we will improve in some areas e.g. second tier players and young players.. Swan, Johnson, H&R Shaw, Pendlebury, Thomas, Maxwell, O'Brien, T.Cloke..these guys will be even better.

But we will suffer in other areas e.g. Forward line, no Didak for a while, no Tarrant, older Buckley, Burns, Licuria, Clement.

The two elements will cancel each other out and therefore we will finish the H&A season in exactly the same spot....5th.

Makes sense right??

Top 4 by the end of H & A season. Then hopefully work our September special skills to get us in another grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where will your team finish in 2007 - "Honestly"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back