Where would Caddy go in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worked up about that, I'm worked up about the low brow crap in which certain parties are prepared to engage.

It's been outed now.

Carry on.

You are drawing a long bow. They have this thing called Trade radio where they need to fill the time in with every rumour, innuendo and over analysis of every trade in order to fill in the time. This is no different. Welcome to the 24 hour news cycle.

well you can believe what you like and I really hope it turns out the way Caddy wishes but I doubt it. Geelong is very comfortable where they sit and if Caddy goes somewhere else then who cares. We have some great young talent coming up...you know the ones that just won us the VFL flag...

Was that the same reserves flag side that beat half of my clubs reserve side by a kick in order to make that grand final?

so if cannot nab a player by trade we will develop our own. That formula has won us 3 flags recently..how's Norf going?

4 flags and 2 eras in my time champ.:thumbsu:

We're going alright thanks, and without the assistance of the old father son rule, the Footscray fruit and vegetable market and the head crony at parliament house.:thumbsu:

Was that the same reserves flag side that beat half of my clubs reserve side by a kick in order to make that grand final?

4 flags and 2 eras in my time champ.:thumbsu:

We're going alright thanks, and without the assistance of the old father son rule, the Footscray fruit and vegetable market and the head crony at parliament house.:thumbsu:

Don't try me pal, it will only end badly for you.

You really are a person loves to throw out rubbish arn't you. CF , didn't say you were devoid of talent either. He simply said if Caddy goes elsewhere , we move on with the players we have and pick more. Hardly something that will instill panic.

Secondly , this comment is rather pedestrian. Every club has used what ever it can to win flags. We used the FS rule ,to the rules at the time , just like Pies did , just like Carlton did , just like Ess did. Just like you will next year with McDonald. There are plenty of rules that have been used that have helped clubs win flags like the 10 years rule , that help your club didn't it.

A source I trust very very much says that North are very confident Caddy. This does not mean he's over the line, does not mean deals have been signed. Just means they are very confident in what is a very competitive situation.

A source I trust very very much says that North are very confident Caddy. This does not mean he's over the line, does not mean deals have been signed. Just means they are very confident in what is a very competitive situation.

Geelong are panicking in the media, StKilda have entered the fray too late and meanwhile over at Arden Street, you can hear the crickets chirping.

I think the only thing that can railroad the North deal is StKilda putting ridiculous money on the table. Caddy certainly wouldn't be going there because he sees premierships in the foreseeable future.

Geelong are panicking in the media, StKilda have entered the fray too late and meanwhile over at Arden Street, you can hear the crickets chirping.

I think the only thing that can railroad the North deal is StKilda putting ridiculous money on the table. Caddy certainly wouldn't be going there because he sees premierships in the foreseeable future.

None of the North players offered big money by GWS and GC left. We hit the draft Caddy was in and those around him very hard. He'd know a lot of the North young brigade that are tight as fish's arses very well from juniours and TAC and rep squads. He'd be coming right into a group of blokes with a great attitude about where their footy is going that he knows well who are playing at his club. He's verified BFNAAK. As long as our money stacks up, and we have the cash and cap room, that's not a drama.

As regards picks, mate, we're getting next years number 1 draft pick in Luke McDonald at concession card prices.

Stuff it, give the GC our first rounder and whatever we get for Hamish. To add another top draft pick player of exactly the right age to the existing group, with Luke Mc to come on top next year as the icing is an unbelievable opportunity to build a super squad.

This doesn't mean he's home and hosed, it is just an explanation of why I reckon North are so confident.

So are Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs, yeah?

Indeed, that's why it was one of the last "reasons" offered. Nobody in their right mind goes to a club simply because they barracked for them as a kid.

However, in a very close race, especially when that club has an attractive culture, it may become an element. FFS - it certainly can't hurt.

Caddy had a meeting with North last week and also St.Kilda. He also had a meeting with Craig Cameron from richmond but they have called it off to get him. North is most interested.

Caddy will be going to north melbourne. He had a meeting with North and St.Kilda last week however north are most interested. He also had a meeting with richmond.

Caddy will be going to St. Kilda, I'm going to bet this doughnut on it.

Pink_frosted_sprinkled_donut.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy had a meeting with North last week and also St.Kilda. He also had a meeting with Craig Cameron from richmond but they have called it off to get him. North is most interested.

Has now had 2 meetings with Saints. The drive to Seaford is the biggest hurdle... Has mates there though & living in the bayside suburbs with lads is growing on him. North has offered the least $ wise of the 3 clubs currently in the mix.

GC expect him to name a few clubs & it will come down to the lowest draft pick on offer. That's why Saints are frustrated with not knowing what pick the Goddard compo will be as they don't want to trade #12 if they end up with a late 1st rounder. GC want the best pick ASAP to beat the Swans to the punch for Tippett.

Daniher is an excellent prospect but McDonald is a better kick and a better reader of the play. If he were in Daniher's body, he'd be the next Wayne Carey.

Daniher is an excellent prospect but McDonald is a better kick and a better reader of the play. If he were in Daniher's body, he'd be the next Wayne Carey.

It's like comparing Paul Salmon to Chris Judd.

You're not going to cry if you get Paul Salmon, but he isn't Chris Judd.

1) Joe Daniher is a talent and will be a good AFL player.
2) Daniher is good, but L.McDonald could go on to be the best player in the AFL. He's another level again. He's better than Jesse Smith.
3) Only shooshka will get in the way of Caddy getting to North. GC's expectations amount to nought.

Agree on 1) Should be better than "good"
Think 2) is a very big call but there's absolutely no doubt he's got the talent and drive. Should play Round 1 2014 and will start runaway favourite for Rising Star
On 3) We have the cash and the cap room to fit Caddy in. Whether we break a structure that has seen other players turn down GC/GWS offers to stick around remains to be seen.

Why stop at 29? Why not make it 40 touches, or 80? If you're going to stretch the truth, may as we.......

You blokes hijacked this thread with the Daniher rubbish in the first place and a valid complaint (although it blamed the wrong parties) has been registered. I'm happy to enter a Daniher v McDonald discussion in a dedicated thread.

This is about Caddy.

The Difference is Gold Coast don't need picks this year and the Cats compo will get the deal done.

Working against the Saints is that they won't know about the Goddard compo pick until near the end of trade week.

The Cats are certainly in the box seat in my opinion.

The Difference is Gold Coast don't need picks this year and the Cats compo will get the deal done.

Working against the Saints is that they won't know about the Goddard compo pick until near the end of trade week.

The Cats are certainly in the box seat in my opinion.

Well, you do have the massive weight of Kim Hagdorn and Adam McNicol supporting you, and you appear to know the intimate workings of the future Gold Coast drafting strategies.

It's not looking good for the other clubs.

Is this thread meant to be titled:

Josh Caddy is going to North and anyone who so dares as suggest otherwise should heartily *******e themselves. Because that is what I feel like it is about

Melb might be a dark horse in the battle to get Caddy as he would be a good replacement for the loss of Scully although he would be a year behind where Scully was. The rub is what is Caddy worth in regards to trading picks in this years draft and what are clubs willing to give up for him.

There is a lot of bullshit floating around the media about it with every club that has openly expressed the desire to recruit Caddy saying they are confident they will get him. We wont know anything until Monday when the wheeling and dealing really begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back