Which club would you least want to see win a flag?

Which team would you be least happy to see win a flag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. The tigers aren't worrying anyone.

I think you most likely missed the opening post of mine which was responding to a random and then for some reason Jade got involved and started on an angle I wasn’t even discussing. It’s good you crazy dictator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfft... I just barrack for my team. I also enjoy watching games as a neutral with the one-eyed goggles off just to appreciate seeing the greatest game in the world played at the highest level. I will applaud any club who is good enough to win the flag.

I don't really understand why football fans (of all codes around the world) waste so much of their time and energy hating on opposition teams & players. Why would you follow a sport as a hobby and do everything you can to make it a shit experience? What do people gain by disrespecting opposition teams?

I really don't get it.

For example, I don't particularly like Selwood and Geelong, or Buddy and the Swans. As a Hawk fan, I suppose either of those teams would be the correct answer for this thread. But to be honest, I really don't give a shit. I have full respect for both those clubs and their better players. Good luck to 'em.

Over the years, I've laughed out loud whenever I took a squiz at the Geelong and Swans boards and read all the shit they put on my club. I dunno... I just don't see the point in all the hatred. People take the rivalry too far. It's juvenile and totally unnecessary. You don't see the players acting like that. They all shake hands, pat each other on the back and share a joke after the game. It's quite sad that the mental short people who follow football can't do the same.

Last edited:
Home finals are home state finals. The AFL stuffed up playing the one at KP vs fremantle and now you think you are entitled for it to happen again.

The AFL is behind the times, they can play finals anywhere they see fit. It wasn’t a stuff up by the AFL lol, we just stuffed it ourselves.
Our ground is being upgraded every year so of course us wanting a home final will increase each year. It’ll happen eventually but in saying that personally I love the MCG and live in Melbourne and any extra match we get there can be valuable.

However that’s not really the point. The AFL is behind the times and fairness dictates the higher placed side deserves the advantage.

Get over it you whinging cat fans!! You’ve played every home final bar one in living memory at the MCG and you have a big sook as we finally managed to beat you there.
There were over 90,000 at that game and nothing could ever warrant locking out 50,000 fans just so Geelong could play their second ever final at their home ground.

So what about the past? Should nothing ever change? Lol what a stupid argument!

Bad luck to fans being locked out, if the ground isn’t big enough tough t***ies. Happens all around the world as generally they are more up to date with the times. When Richmond play in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane do you sook coz 50,000 of your fans can’t go?

The AFL is behind the times, they can play finals anywhere they see fit. It wasn’t a stuff up by the AFL lol, we just stuffed it ourselves.
Our ground is being upgraded every year so of course us wanting a home final will increase each year. It’ll happen eventually but in saying that personally I love the MCG and live in Melbourne and any extra match we get there can be valuable.

However that’s not really the point. The AFL is behind the times and fairness dictates the higher placed side deserves the advantage.

Bad luck to fans being locked out, if the ground isn’t big enough tough t***ies. Happens all around the world as generally they are more up to date with the times. When Richmond play in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane do you sook coz 50,000 of your fans can’t go?
Afl and fair does not compute

Carlton.
Don't think I'll have much to worry about for a while.

Even with their morally corrupt sugar daddies, the days of buying flags is over.

Could've said the exact same thing 2 years ago about Richmond. Short memories. . .

You're probably right, but we'll be fine. Maybe not in 2018 but we'll be fine

Could've said the exact same thing 2 years ago about Richmond. Short memories. . .

You're probably right, but we'll be fine. Maybe not in 2018 but we'll be fine

2 years ago Richmond were still making finals though .. Carlton are a long way off being Richmond 2 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this.

Essendon are going to shatter so many fragile football psyches if this generation of players win a premiership it will make it all the more satisfying.

Heppell on the podium, thanking Hird for his role in his development...

That generation has pretty much been given the arse already. Who’s left? Heppell, Hurley and Hooker? Any others?

Heppell aside they’ve got maybe 3 years to salute and they’re miles off it right now.

It's funny how the team you hate tends to change over time. I couldn't stand Brisbane and most of their players in their heyday, but have a bit of sympathy for them now.

It's Essendon in 2018 by a long shot. The punishment has been a joke, the lack of contrition is pathetic and the AFL's attempt to sweep it all away was diabolical. Thank Christ they signed up to WADA, even if they'd later regret it.

Then Geelong.....just arrogant whingers. You have easily the biggest fixture advantage in the league and yet still complain that you have to play in an adult's sized stadium come finals.

Gary Ablett coming home might feel great in Geelong, but God does it leave a bad taste in your mouth if you're anywhere else. And finally, I'm still incredibly suss on the previous Dank links - lord knows the AFL doesn't want to dig too deep there....

As I said, sooky Cats fans, pure sore losers. You’d owned us at any venue including the G for what? 13 games, one loss and a lot of you sook it up, it’s the MCG, it’s not fair
Waa waa waa Mate

I don't so much care for tigers fans celebrating. They can wear the win. They have every right to enjoy it.

It's just the big claims they can make afterwards. Like how Townsend would kick a run rings around Carlton this year and that Broad is an overall better player than Docherty (some of what I had to put up with).

A common symptom amongst many proud supporters of a premiership winning team. As of now, some still have a high BAC level from GF day in their system.
They said that and you’re tainted?
Geez you must have pretty thin skin.

True Richmond (and Carlton supporters for that matter) have put up with far, far worse that that over the years on Bigfooty.

They said that and you’re tainted?
Geez you must have pretty thin skin.

True Richmond (and Carlton supporters for that matter) have put up with far, far worse that that over the years on Bigfooty.

I just laugh at people who think I'm hurt by this. There's a difference between being offended and being irked.

It's just a matter of success getting to people's heads. The high and mighty start seeing facts as jokes.

Pfft... I just barrack for my team. I also enjoy watching games as a neutral with the one-eyed goggles off just to appreciate seeing the greatest game in the world played at the highest level. I will applaud any club who is good enough to win the flag.

I don't really understand why football fans (of all codes around the world) waste so much of their time and energy hating on opposition teams & players. Why would you follow a sport as a hobby and do everything you can to make it a shit experience? What do people gain by disrespecting opposition teams?

I really don't get it.

For example, I don't particularly like Selwood and Geelong, or Buddy and the Swans. As a Hawk fan, I suppose either of those teams would be the correct answer for this thread. But to be honest, I really don't give a shit. I have full respect for both those clubs and their better players. Good luck to 'em.

Over the years, I've laughed out loud whenever I took a squiz at the Geelong and Swans boards and read all the shit they put on my club. I dunno... I just don't see the point in all the hatred. People take the rivalry too far. It's juvenile and totally unnecessary. You don't see the players acting like that. They all shake hands, pat each other on the back and share a joke after the game. It's quite sad that the mental short people who follow football can't do the same.
I sat through 148 surrounded by a group of Essendon fans suggesting my club should be disbanded and insulting the group I sat with (for the record we stayed to the bitter end). It’s hard not to hate some opposition when that’s the abiding memory you retain of their supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club would you least want to see win a flag?

Back