Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Which coach do you most dislike?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with Thompson was somewhat more based around the public pressure bordering on criticism he made toward Gary Ablett Jr and questioning his loyalty regarding the potential GCS move and all the while he was planning to leave anyway, ultimately to end up at another club himself.
Bomber said leaving Geelong was biggest mistake of his life.

OK we all know you guys hate Ken.
Can you briefly outline why?
I genuinely don't know.
There's literally tens of thousands of posts on the matter in the sack Hinkley threads on the Port board, you're welcome to have a read.

There's literally tens of thousands of posts on the matter in the sack Hinkley threads on the Port board, you're welcome to have a read.
Right, got it.

You know who would have been absolutely fantastic for you guys? Hardwick.

He instilled a mental toughness in the Tigers players that was a joy to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craig McRae would be moving up the rankings of most disliked coach.
Everyone liked him even after he coached a flag last year, but that was when people thought it was McRae without the mask.

Everyone liked him even after he coached a flag last year, but that was when people thought it was McRae without the mask.

Red flags for me that both Taylor Adams and Jack Ginnivan have mentioned that they felt their departures from the club were handled somewhat disrespectfully.

He deserves immense credit for taking a team that was seemingly in a hopeless position a few years ago and almost instantly turning them into a premiership contender, but I reckon he'll be one of those guys who wears out his welcome pretty quickly.

Red flags for me that both Taylor Adams and Jack Ginnivan have mentioned that they felt their departures from the club were handled somewhat disrespectfully.

He deserves immense credit for taking a team that was seemingly in a hopeless position a few years ago and almost instantly turning them into a premiership contender, but I reckon he'll be one of those guys who wears out his welcome pretty quickly.
I feel like his style of coaching and messaging worked beautifully and brought about the resurrection of that group of players. He deserves the credit for that.
But like everything in life... Familiarity breeds contempt. Messaging that once resonated starts to wear thin. He will need to evolve and find fresh approaches and fresh messaging if he's going to stay a successful coach.

Not to mention Brodie Grundy, who was dragged out the door pretty much kicking and screaming.

McRae also constantly goes on about how he is a winner, the great coaches don't do that as they let their actions and results do the talking.

Chris Scott is the perfect example of a great coach who let's his actions and results speak for themselves.
Craig McRae going on about how much of a winner he is just reeks of insecurity.

Craig McRae only because he reminds me of Mr Rodgers.

1723634652294.jpeg

Starting to give Clarko vibes TBH. Good could be great coach but is rubbing people up the wrong way with his approach. No more Mr Happy go lucky this year and we're seeing a different side to him. Matthew Nicks I find to be a condescending tool who doesn't give credit when his team loses. Lives in a bit of a delusional bubble. Can see why the fans have an issue with him. Chris Scott used to be up there but he seems more controlled in the box than in the past and more measured publicly.

My views on Simon Goodwin haven’t changed. Like a deer in headlights when he is being questioned by media.

Not sure how much blame lies with him with the unrest at Demonland. Players openly wanting out and reports of players wanting out. Not a great look!

Well my team is in the top 8 for now. Got GWS this weekend and your mob in perth the next week. Freo are likely to lose both games and miss out on finals.

If that happens, Thats 4 years out of 5 years freo missed finals under Justin Longmuir.

Well my team is in the top 8 for now. Got GWS this weekend and your mob in perth the next week. Freo are likely to lose both games and miss out on finals.

If that happens, Thats 4 years out of 5 years freo missed finals under Justin Longmuir.
Yeah, that'd be pretty bad. If a coach ever went 4 out of 5 years missing finals, they should probably get sacked.

Yep, it’s easy to be nice, happy and friendly when you’re winning. Start losing and it’s a different story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Back