Which Geelong potato did you think would be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Emergency for the 09 Granny and was close with Stokes.

Hogan was actually pretty decent, but he didn't love footy or want it for his job and developed mental health problems. Leaving footy was a really positive step for him and he's in a much better place now.

I noticed he was doing something for headspace when I looked him up, good on him.

I agree with earlier poster re Reynoldson - he had everything going for him but was dissappointing

Paul Lynch would have been very very good except for injuries

Geel also had ( back in Reynoldsons day ) a big left footed forward /backman - could take a screamer - forgotten his name ( he was that good - hey ) all he is remembered for - is for throwing some haymakers at Rhys Jones - out at Carlton one day .

Not sure I would call them potato's..

They had me covered in every aspect of the game. Spud seems just a cheap moniker.

Players who im backed to see their full potential but didnt make it however....

Cam Eardley
Jordan Schroeder
Shane Kersten
Tom Read
A little JJ but not a heap...
Burbury - especially before the Maxwell knee...

I got my fair share of disasters.

Go Catters

Not sure I would call them potato's..

They had me covered in every aspect of the game. Spud seems just a cheap moniker.
Oh, of course nobody doubts that you have to be very good to make an AFL list, it's just a mildly humorous turn of phrase that is universally understood here on BF and that I'd never use to a footballer's face...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are bringing back a 34 year olds and ensuring our midfield is full of guys who can run 100 metres in 25 seconds then we should bring back the great man Paul Koulouriotis. He use to rack up those disposals on the wing in tandem with Jimmy Bartel back in the day. I think he got 25 disposals in Round 16 2005 against the reigning premiers Port Adelaide.

If we are bringing back a 34 year olds and ensuring our midfield is full of guys who can run 100 metres in 25 seconds then we should bring back the great man Paul Koulouriotis. He use to rack up those disposals on the wing in tandem with Jimmy Bartel back in the day. I think he got 25 disposals in Round 16 2005 against the reigning premiers Port Adelaide.
And he is only 35 years old

I agree with earlier poster re Reynoldson - he had everything going for him but was dissappointing

Paul Lynch would have been very very good except for injuries

Geel also had ( back in Reynoldsons day ) a big left footed forward /backman - could take a screamer - forgotten his name ( he was that good - hey ) all he is remembered for - is for throwing some haymakers at Rhys Jones - out at Carlton one day .

Paul Jeffreys?

Edit - Found the hit on Rhys Jones
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/geelongs-greatest-hits-ggh.987623/page-5

Could take a screamer though as you say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Geelong potato did you think would be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back