Which Hawk will kick the most goals in 2020?

Most 2020 Goals

• Gunston

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Breust

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Patton

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • Lewis

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Puopolo

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll have good spread if Clarkson has anything to do with it, so it’s hard to guess who might come out in front.

I expect Gunston/Bruest to reap the rewards of having Patton/Lewis as the forwards that can move and stretch the shape of the opposition defence.

If Patton stays fit I think he will have a 45 - 55 goal season. As long as that equates to 2 of Lewis, Breust & Gunston booting 30+ and one of them being over 40 for the year then we will be in good stead to win more than we lose. During our glory years we always had 3 players kicking 40-50+. We need multiple goal kickers each week again, not one player kicking 70. Get back to the days where our goal kickers list bottomed out at about 8 individual goal kickers.

If Patton stays fit I think he will have a 45 - 55 goal season. As long as that equates to 2 of Lewis, Breust & Gunston booting 30+ and one of them being over 40 for the year then we will be in good stead to win more than we lose. During our glory years we always had 3 players kicking 40-50+. We need multiple goal kickers each week again, not one player kicking 70. Get back to the days where our goal kickers list bottomed out at about 8 individual goal kickers.
His absolute best season in that regard was 2017, two years removed from his second ACL. He kicked 45.23 in 22 games
Year before he played 23 games and kicked 38.16

Those are the only two times he has kicked over 30 goals in a season.

His career average i 1.5 gpg and .4 assists

He has a good chance of playing at that level which would mean he adds around 2 goals directly to the team.

As good as that will be it's the flow on effect for others that I think will be of greatest benefit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His absolute best season in that regard was 2017, two years removed from his second ACL. He kicked 45.23 in 22 games
Year before he played 23 games and kicked 38.16

Those are the only two times he has kicked over 30 goals in a season.

His career average i 1.5 gpg and .4 assists

He has a good chance of playing at that level which would mean he adds around 2 goals directly to the team.

As good as that will be it's the flow on effect for others that I think will be of greatest benefit
Yep agree about the flow on effect for sure. That will be the best result of getting Patton. It get's us that much closer to our setup of 2013-2015 where Hale was significantly underrated for his ability to a) hit the scoreboard and to worry the defence enough that others got off the chain. The difference I think is that, without injury interruption and with being the key focus, I think he will have a career best year. If not this year, next for sure. All depends on those knees though. At the very least he is a power forward and we now have 2 genuine pack markers stationed inside 50. With the 6 - 6 - 6 in place. Quick clearance and put it 25 out son.

I think it'll be Bruest or maybe Gunston if he's used forward all the time. Doubt it's Mitch Lewis as he'll likely have a slower start to the season after the shoulder reconstruction. Not expecting it to be Patton who has only ever once kicked 40+ in his career.

My prediction:

TOB starts the year on fire, playing in the gunston 3rd tall floater role is able to get on the end of mismatches and starts the year with 17 goals from the first 5 games. Goes on to kick 55 goals in a career-best year.

If he was going to play the majority of the time in the forward line then I'd be tipping Gunston, but the surgery will put him back a bit.

It's pleasing that we have multiple genuine avenues to goal now - Breust, Gunston, Patton, Lewis, TOB and Wingard could all potentially kick 20 goals each at a minimum.

If he was going to play the majority of the time in the forward line then I'd be tipping Gunston, but the surgery will put him back a bit.

It's pleasing that we have multiple genuine avenues to goal now - Breust, Gunston, Patton, Lewis, TOB and Wingard could all potentially kick 20 goals each at a minimum.
That would be Breust's worst season by 10 goals!

But I hear what you are saying, Clarko will want a spread, the more guys we get up around 20 the better, the more guys that can get dangerous on any day the better.

Lewis got to 20 this year is hope that he can do that again. I know he's has shoulder surgery and could be a slow starter but he only played 12 games so he's got room for growth.

The interesting thing is Breust, Gunston and Wingard have all kicked over 50 in a year and Patton made it to 45

We've got guys that can win it off their own boot still.

That would be Breust's worst season by 10 goals!

But I hear what you are saying, Clarko will want a spread, the more guys we get up around 20 the better, the more guys that can get dangerous on any day the better.

Lewis got to 20 this year is hope that he can do that again. I know he's has shoulder surgery and could be a slow starter but he only played 12 games so he's got room for growth.

The interesting thing is Breust, Gunston and Wingard have all kicked over 50 in a year and Patton made it to 45

We've got guys that can win it off their own boot still.

Yeah I don't mean that they will only just kick just around 20 goals, I'd expect Breust, Gunston, Patton and Lewis to kick around 40 each, provided they stay fit. I think Gunston can hit over 50 again with our new forward set-up - if he's playing predominantly forward that is.

It was more a base number for Wingard and TOB as Wingard will hopefully spend most of his time in the middle (and still averages a goal a game) and who knows what Clarko will do with TOB?

Like you've said we have multiple potential match winners and genuine avenues to goal, which is very exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Hawk will kick the most goals in 2020?

Back