Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yankee Pride has returned.

I have been to see my Yankees in the old stadium and the new stadium.

Love my Yankees.

Angels are my baby. I grew up a Ken Griffey Jnr fanatic and stayed with the Mariners even after he left the team. I became an Ichiro fan.

First travelled to the USA in April of 2002. Couldn't make it to Seattle for a Mariners home game so I decided to go to an Angels game in Anaheim. Was a boring game as all of the runs came in the first inning (4-0 Angels over Blue Jays) but the management treated me exceptionally well. As a lot of us do in Australia when going to NRL / AFL games I took a backpack with a bottle of soda and a couple of sandwiches. As it was right after 9/11/01 the security was incredibly tight and backpacks were (and still are) NOT allowed into any sporting stadiums. My hotel was half an hour away and the game started in a little over an hour and a half. The tickets were in my friend's name but they allowed me to get them (ordered on his credit card for me) and when I tried to get in I was told to go back to my hotel. Management came out and lead me to their front office area. Not only did they take care of my backpack but because i couldn't get access to my food they ended up giving me like $30 in vouchers for the food stands and a gift shop certificate of $50 (I got some nice Angels stuff to take home with me). They also had one of the best firework displays post game that I have ever seen. It was so much better than the legendary one at Disneyland that I saw the following evening (their 'biggest of the week'). I was fortunate to meet Troy Glaus and Garrett Anderson while I was staying in Anaheim and they were both outstanding guys (sadly neither is with the team anymore). From that night on I was hooked as an Angels fan for life.

In August 2005 when I was working with another sport's professional organization I was able to go to another Angels game that was pre-planned. This time I was able to meet Vladimir Guerrero (who was at the time my favorite player on the Angels) and a couple of other players. Vlad gave me a personalized bat with his autograph on it (which I will always treasure) and it was simply an awesome experience. The game was right after Rafael Palmeiro's drug announcements and so the game was a heated one. The Angels ended up winning by more than ten runs, Vlad hit two homers with several others and it was another outstanding night out at the ballpark.

After working for a classy professional sports organization in the United States I can honestly tell you that there aren't many teams anywhere in the entire world that treat their fans and spectators (even those of the opposition) half as well as the Los Angeles Angels. Angel Stadium (formerly Edison International Field) is truly one of the most beautiful in the MLB (especially the massive water feature) and almost every seat is an awesome seat to watch baseball. If you're ever planning to travel to Los Angeles and want to take in a baseball game then there is no better way to do it than by going to an Angels game. I like the Ravine (Dodger's ballpark) but it's no where near as well put together as the Angels stadium.

Big Daddy Vladdy is a great guy, as are GA and Glausy. :thumbsu:

I have been an Angels fanatic since the 1980s when they were the California Angels and were owned by the late Gene Autry. I have been to over 50 Halo games at the Big A since 1991. All up I have been to well over 200 MLB games across the US and Canada, and have been to almost every MLB city and quite a few minor league ones as well.

Arte Moreno has a great thing going and really looks after Angel fans well.

In response to the title thread;

I follow the San Fransisco Giants.

Reason:

In the 80's, I went to a Waverly Reds match at VFL park and won a Giants cap, loved it, it stuck, and from there on I was a Giants fan.:thumbsu:

Had some good years with Bonds, Kent etc, and we seemed to be building up again with some power hitting and very good pitching.

Maybe a wild card spot next year (those damn Dodgers are too strong).:)

In response to the title thread;

I follow the San Fransisco Giants.

Reason:

In the 80's, I went to a Waverly Reds match at VFL park and won a Giants cap, loved it, it stuck, and from there on I was a Giants fan.:thumbsu:

Had some good years with Bonds, Kent etc, and we seemed to be building up again with some power hitting and very good pitching.

Maybe a wild card spot next year (those damn Dodgers are too strong).:)

Monarchs ALL THE WAY!

OMFG!! there's an MLB thread on BF and no one tells me!! i may acctually go on BF more often now adays! :D

lol sorrry to go offtopic, pretty obvious who i go for!

zzzzzzzz not looking good thus far.... any yankees in here?

OMFG!! there's an MLB thread on BF and no one tells me!! i may acctually go on BF more often now adays! :D

lol sorrry to go offtopic, pretty obvious who i go for!

zzzzzzzz not looking good thus far.... any yankees in here?

I think 95% of people are Yankees "fans". I want to support the Yankees being a New York team (and not stinking of defeat like the Mets), but I am going to have to wait until they suck a bit more before declaring it :).

I think 95% of people are Yankees "fans". I want to support the Yankees being a New York team (and not stinking of defeat like the Mets), but I am going to have to wait until they suck a bit more before declaring it :).

Well you might be waiting a while for them to suck since they are looking good to win the World Series. but there still really going to have to earn it againt the phillies.

This post-season is the first time I've really got into baseball and I'm hooked. I really get into the Yankees as I enjoy watching A-Rod smash a few out of the ground, but also the stadium, tradition and colours of the team. Plus I love the city of New York. As with eread I don't want to jump straight onto the yankees as it seems I'm glory hunting but there's something about the yankees. Only other teams are the Blue Jays, Dodgers or the Brewers. Anyone got anything to say about these two clubs? My team must be blue and have a good stadium. Any help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post-season is the first time I've really got into baseball and I'm hooked. I really get into the Yankees as I enjoy watching A-Rod smash a few out of the ground, but also the stadium, tradition and colours of the team. Plus I love the city of New York. As with eread I don't want to jump straight onto the yankees as it seems I'm glory hunting but there's something about the yankees. Only other teams are the Blue Jays, Dodgers or the Brewers. Anyone got anything to say about these two clubs? My team must be blue and have a good stadium. Any help

Why fight the passion, clearly seem like a typical Yankee to me! :p

Why fight the passion, clearly seem like a typical Yankee to me! :p

It works two ways. Having no other affiliation with a place, you tend to go for the team that excites. The successful team of the day usually fits the bill.

On the other hand, you are a bandwagoner :). I haven't followed this entire season, but watched the Yankees this morning (replay of Game 5, One HD) with great interest.

It is just a shame that if you were to, say, buy some merch or whatever, you'd look like the million or so other people around you doing the same thing. The Man U effect :).

I should say also, it is great that it is sorta coming down to the wire. Though I'd like to see the Yanks win in NY and not have to go back to Philly.

It works two ways. Having no other affiliation with a place, you tend to go for the team that excites. The successful team of the day usually fits the bill.

On the other hand, you are a bandwagoner :). I haven't followed this entire season, but watched the Yankees this morning (replay of Game 5, One HD) with great interest.

It is just a shame that if you were to, say, buy some merch or whatever, you'd look like the million or so other people around you doing the same thing. The Man U effect :).

Not many people living in Australia have any real affiliation with teams of the MLB. so i guess there is no real criteria on who to support? But as i was highlighting before, if you have a favourite player and you like the city/state that these team is in, i guess that will be enough of a critera to support that team?

Not many people living in Australia have any real affiliation with teams of the MLB. so i guess there is no real criteria on who to support? But as i was highlighting before, if you have a favourite player and you like the city/state that these team is in, i guess that will be enough of a critera to support that team?

True, I just think the richest and most successful team in any league deserves a special exception :)

I should say also, it is great that it is sorta coming down to the wire. Though I'd like to see the Yanks win in NY and not have to go back to Philly.

Only the Phillies go back to Philly- games 6 and 7 are in New York- and then the series ends either way.

Is that rotated between NL and AL?

Well, it used to be, until the moron selig took over the commisioner's chair- he then decided that the winning league of the All Star Game would get the home field advantage. This is not a complaint about the Phils not having home field edge, but what a stupid way to decide- an exhibition game where the key is to play everyone- and winnign is really less important for the managers and players- most of whom won't play in the world Series.

Oh, well- it is what you get when an idiot is in charge- if he gets nominated for the HOF in years to come, i will be really pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back