Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know whether to follow the Mets or the Twins for next season? Anyone got any advice?

Mets!!!!!!

Being a StKilda supporter I get the feeling you would be well adjusted to the frustrations that the Mets and their late season fade outs will undoubtably bring ;)

Not many people living in Australia have any real affiliation with teams of the MLB. so i guess there is no real criteria on who to support? But as i was highlighting before, if you have a favourite player and you like the city/state that these team is in, i guess that will be enough of a critera to support that team?
I'm Phillies... altho I haven't really followed them up until the last few years. Bloke I played juniors with is in their minor league system, he got activated last year & I perked up a bit of interest.

:p Fair enough!

P.S The Metrodome stinks. Lucky they are leaving :D

Saw a game there in the 90s- terrible sightlines and the roof makes it tough following fly balls. What was cool was the beer vendors- they wore backpacks with hoses attached...would give you a beer straight from the keg, as it were....

Looking forward to outdoor baseball again- though they will have a retractable roof, I think....

Mets!!!!!!

Being a StKilda supporter I get the feeling you would be well adjusted to the frustrations that the Mets and their late season fade outs will undoubtably bring ;)

yes who will ever forget [I haven't] 7 games clear of the phils with 17 to go!!:eek:They even put new seat in at Shea for the post season

Watched a bit of baseball on ONE and it was always LA. I was in LA at the end of November at Universal Studios and they had a Dodgers Pro shop so I bought a jersey so I guess I can say I'm now a certified Dodgers fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Dodgers fanclub! You're in good company.

I noticed you're Devils as well GG :eek:, though I've been a Devils fan since I saw that Seinfeld episode many years ago. Managed to get to three games :thumbsu:

We do share a bit in common teams wise. Just you went down one fork of the NFL dark side, and I went down the other fork.

Been a Devils fan since i was "this" tall. if you got any pics of the hockey games you went to, be sure to post them on the USA trip thread in our NFL board!

Yeah I got a few I'll put up over the next week. Just missed out on Martys record shut out. Also got a Marty Jersey, 2 hats, Marty figurine, pennant and they were giving out free pucks after we beat the Pens 2-0. Guess we should leave the baseball board to baseball talk now haha.

This post-season is the first time I've really got into baseball and I'm hooked. I really get into the Yankees as I enjoy watching A-Rod smash a few out of the ground, but also the stadium, tradition and colours of the team. Plus I love the city of New York. As with eread I don't want to jump straight onto the yankees as it seems I'm glory hunting but there's something about the yankees. Only other teams are the Blue Jays, Dodgers or the Brewers. Anyone got anything to say about these two clubs? My team must be blue and have a good stadium. Any help

OK, I've decided that the Atlanta Braves will be my team.
Navy Blue, great stadium and the clincher was their last world series win was in 1995. Looking forward to following my first full season as a Braves fan.

OK, I've decided that the Atlanta Braves will be my team.
Navy Blue, great stadium and the clincher was their last world series win was in 1995. Looking forward to following my first full season as a Braves fan.

Then you'll need to learn the Tomahawk Chop. Atlanta were my team of choice until I read the Moneyball story about the As.

Followed the game for a few years, not too closely, but try and catch at least a game or two a week during MLB season.
Love betting on the game, nothing to big, just for a little bit of fun and it's a great way to pass the time at work. Find I make more money (or lose less money) than other sports (except AFL) even though I don't follow it as closely as say the NFL. Less variables I suppose.

Follow the White Sox ever since a cousin who used to live in Chicago sent me a White Sox jacket. Didn't even wear it that much. Funny thing is a few years ago I decided to follow every White Sox game more closely, watching games. highlights etc. Wasn't expecting anything as they did nothing the year before ...and guess which year it was .....yep the year they won the WS (yeah yeah what a bandwagoner!!). Worst thing was I never lay a bet on them winning the whole thing!! Ah well.

LA Dodgers. Started following them in about the mid 80's in primary school when i saw a pic in a some magazine and they looked cool! Winning the World Series in 88 certainly helped the cause :D At least the coverage on pay tv and free tv has increased considerably and you can follow the season alot easier.

I do have a soft spot for the Yankees though (i know sacrilidge) but I went to Old Yankeee Stadium in 2008 (during their final season there) and watched them whoop the Mariners butts. Only bummer for the game was A-Rod was out injured but Jeter played well that day.

Oakland A's!!!

Good old Aussie green and gold along with the Conseco, Eckersley, Henderson, McGuire era of the late 80's early 90's got me hooked on them White Elephants!

Florida Marlins.
Ditto to this. 2003 season was tops when we won the World Series. I've also been spoilt with some good seasons in 08 and 09 with the team going over .500.

Cannot wait for their new stadium, even though I love the Dolphins, their stadium is a barren wasteland when it comes to baseball. Cannot wait for next season to start again.

I used to play cricket and baseball and i can say from experience that they both offer different challenges etc etc, but really, baseball is far more entertaining and enjoyable game. Sure, it's all about preferences for everyone individually. But as a game, Baseball is better for a lot of reasons that I wont go into right now....unless someone wants to debate me and push for the reasons. Then I'll devote some time to writing up a post to debate the points "why".
Do let us know your reasons. As a cricketer who has played every saturday for over 20 years i will be intrigued to see what you have to say!

Remove this Banner Ad

Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back