Which team do you think will win the flag?

Who do you think will win the flag?

• Geelong

Votes: 58 25.2%
  • Sydney

Votes: 58 25.2%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 59 25.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 21 9.1%
  • GWS

Votes: 30 13.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So with Carlton and the Bulldogs bowing out of the race this weekend we are now down to 6.

So which team do you think will win the flag?

Geelong
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Brisbane
GWS

Just for reference

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn
GWS vs Brisbane

then

Sydney vs Port Adelaide/Hawthorn
Geelong vs GWS/Brisbane

Also I am quite aware this thread will only be relevant for around 5 or 6 days :p

Rank 1: Geelong look primed.
Played 4 qtrs, that was as complete as you"ll ever see, and you are guaranteed they will do their DD better than anyone before each game. And they fancy the G.

2: Swans stood up when it mattered, gotta admire that. Brimming with confidence now. Their cream playerd found form, did they what, but can they over turn recent GF wobbles in Mexico?

The rest are long shots at best. I doubt Lions due to their Melbourne issues, and my sense they are a tad fragile, and Hawks cause it's a hard road from bottom 4 for an inexperienced team. My mob blew it, those doubts are hard to overcome. Port lack the strategic nous when things go wrong, which they inevitably do.

Everyone seems to have a love fest with the winner of the elimination and jump ship off the loser of the qualifying final.

I think port win next week at home.
But to answer op, I think Sydney will win it.
It happens more than you think. Last year both EF winners went on to win the SFs.

If you look at Hawthorn's record this year as well as the last few weeks they go in deserved favourites. Were thrashing Port away and choked - they seem to have learnt from that.

The only way I see Port winning is if Hawthorn just have a really off day and/or are really inaccurate. I think they were at their max against Geelong and fell short.

The only real concern Hawthorn has standing in their path to an unlikely cup is Geelong.

Everyone seems to have a love fest with the winner of the elimination and jump ship off the loser of the qualifying final.

I think port win next week at home.
But to answer op, I think Sydney will win it.
Not even some Port fans will think they win next week.
Hawks and Giants, so one EF winner and one QF loser.

I don’t know. Based off nothing but actual talent and performance as a team: Sydney. Some of their players have proven me wrong, I always thought Heeney was overrated in years gone by but was excellent today. Looks a different player.

Always worried they let the MCG hoodoo get to them though. If they played Geelong that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will be hard to beat from here with potentially two MCG games and an interstate team in the GF.
Against that, Geelong aren't a truly great side or an MCG tenant - so it's a different situation to Hawthorn 2013-2015 or Richmond 2017, 2019.

It would be more in the mould of the chance Collingwood had in their most recent premiership (2023) and runner's up (2018). A fallible side that can be knocked over by an interstate team playing well. Except obviously the G is the Pies home. Those were very close grand finals against interstate sides.

I still think Sydney are in the box seat, and it would have been GWS if they won today.

It happens more than you think. Last year both EF winners went on to win the SFs.

If you look at Hawthorn's record this year as well as the last few weeks they go in deserved favourites. Were thrashing Port away and choked - they seem to have learnt from that.

The only way I see Port winning is if Hawthorn just have a really off day and/or are really inaccurate. I think they were at their max against Geelong and fell short.

The only real concern Hawthorn has standing in their path to an unlikely cup is Geelong.
The QF losers winning the following week in the semi was money for old rope in the day. However since the pre finals bye was brought in, it's flipped with more straight sets exits than ever

The QF losers winning the following week in the semi was money for old rope in the day. However since the pre finals bye was brought in, it's flipped with more straight sets exits than ever
Yeah I kind of hope to see a Geelong Hawthorn rematch at the MCG. I think the MCG factor will make it a very interesting contest. I think for some reason Gwelong have the wood over the Hawks, not just in Geelong, but the Hawks have been basically unbeatable at the G since early this season.

I don’t know. Based off nothing but actual talent and performance as a team: Sydney. Some of their players have proven me wrong, I always thought Heeney was overrated in years gone by but was excellent today. Looks a different player.

Always worried they let the MCG hoodoo get to them though. If they played Geelong that is.
The thing that makes it hard to assess Heeney prior to this year is he was always playing half forward. It is a difficult and ultimately low possession position to play. Heeney was amazing yesterday.

Every team (except maybe Port who do have the most personal issues) have a claim, and they all have their own negatives as well.

Yeah I kind of hope to see a Geelong Hawthorn rematch at the MCG. I think the MCG factor will make it a very interesting contest. I think for some reason Gwelong have the wood over the Hawks, not just in Geelong, but the Hawks have been basically unbeatable at the G since early this season.
Hawks lost bad to Geelong at Kardina Park but none of Sicily, Ginnivan and Dear played. Hawks were bullied on a ground where their run and spread was curtailed. Those three back in on the MCG would be fun - seems unlikely though.

Sadly leaning towards Geelong now, with Hawthorn, GWS and Sydney in that order. Yes, still believe in GWS more than Sydney even if they lost. Don't see Port or Bris winning it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team do you think will win the flag?

Back