Debutant
Nov 5, 2009
milwaukee, wi
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NFL - NBA - and MLB
Hi,

I am an American, and right now, it is Football season. In America, the Green Bay Packers are called America's team. Yes, some will argue that the lowly Dallas Cowboys are America's team, but the Packers have been around since the beginning, and they have a TON of titles, that is why the Packers are also called Title Town.

But, now since I am trying to follow this sport of yours, which team represents Australia? Who is Australia's team?

Bret

No-one team is "Australia's team", Collingwood would probably be considered the most well known or famous.

GWS

And the Cowboys are "America's Team", not Green Bay

The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers to the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film, where the narrator opens with the following introduction:
They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team."

It has to be Sydney because Sydney is a synonym for Australia .

Sydney is the most well known team outside of Australia stemming from the VFL days when Sydney was the only side to play on (and be televised) on Sunday .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only be one proper movie made about Aussie Rules, The Club. And that was focused around Collingwood.

Are the Yankees baseball's version of America's Team? Surely.

Although really Australia is Australia's team, since we play internationally against Ireland every once in while.
The Big V has an argument behind it as well.

When I lived in the USA through the 1980s Dallas was always "America's Team".

Except sometimes they were referred to as South America's team because of white powder issues.

GB can be called the town because they are the only team in public hands -- the people of the town are the shareholders in the team instead of having private owners.

Australia's most famous team would be Collingwood due to the famous supporting base.
The most premierships goes to Essendon and Carlton though, those are the big 3 teams in Australian football although Hawthorn fans would argue.

The Dallas Cowboys have always been labelled "America's Team" never have I heard The Green Bay Packers called "America's Team" anyways both of those teams are no good, Everybody knows The Patriots are the kingson the NFL!! ;)

As for your question, The AFL does not have such a thing as "Australia's Team", Collingwood would be the most followed team but they are also the most hated team so to say Collingwood is "Australia's Team" is ridiculous!

"Australia's Team" if anything would be The Socceroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team is "Austrlia's Team?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back