Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t you read back why he’s being discussed if you’re so confused.
What is confusing is why you suddenly mention “midfielders 25 and under” as if it serves any purpose other than filter out three crows midfielders who are significantly better than Nash. Nash isn’t young, his age is irrelevant. On top of that, there are youth prospects I’d rather give midfield time to than Nash. The idea we’re creaming for him is downright comedy.

Adelaide is the only team out of the three that is going to be in finals contention next season, so I am still not sure why they should be in this discussion anymore.

Going to take a couple more years of Clarko to instill a winning culture and mindset in North's young and talented core, and Hawthorn will improve next season, I think finishing around 10th or 11th on the ladder is a reasonable expectation.

Yep
Ridiculous he didn't win b and f.

Felt like they rigged it to keep up the fans "we have the best yoof ever" fantasies
Bnf also measures lots of stuff we as basic fans aren't aware of. But gosh I was impressed by him. And kpf often don't even peak at his age.

What a strange turn this thread has taken when hawks fans are talking up Nick larkey.

You reckon Nash would finish 3rd in the Crows B&F? Ahead of Tex and Rankine?
Walker, unlikely. It would depend on how the votes are considered. Nash was able to go head to head with players like Bontempelli and beat him, crows might not evaluate players like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is confusing is why you suddenly mention “midfielders 25 and under” as if it serves any purpose other than filter out three crows midfielders who are significantly better than Nash. Nash isn’t young, his age is irrelevant. On top of that, there are youth prospects I’d rather give midfield time to than Nash. The idea we’re creaming for him is downright comedy.
The thread is about youth and a crow was potting Nash, so of course I’d reference his age and younger.

Further to above to compare
Hawks 9 over 26 years of age
North 5 over 26
Crows 11 over 26

having a mixed demographic helps. Sydney’s mini rebuild is an example of the latter. For example Kennedy was a spent force by end of 21 but was kept on another year. Possible this was helpful to Gulden, Campbell, Warmer, Blakey and co.

nmfc may have more youngsters than Adelaide or Hawthorn but are they any good and if yes, will they stay? Having some older quality experienced players helps. Again but Shiels and Larkey aside, the others are not much chop. It was a pity they could not accommodate Goldy.

Think the Hawks were smart getting Gunston back to add quality experience and mentoring to their team. Will also give without fear or favour views to the Coach and assistants. Sicily is a terrific player but am not sure having a bag of door knobs as skipper sends the right message or helps their youngsters.

I am no big wrap for Tex and Sloane has entered Cotchin limping to retirement, but both have probably influenced development of the younger players.

I still have the Crows in front, just ahead of the Hawks.

In some ways it was telling Adelaide backed their system and took Curtin in the draft. He is obviously a terrific prospect. Seems Clarko and nmfc put a lot of time into the lad but finally accepted he would not stay.

having a mixed demographic helps. Sydney’s mini rebuild is an example of the latter. For example Kennedy was a spent force by end of 21 but was kept on another year. Possible this was helpful to Gulden, Campbell, Warmer, Blakey and co.

nmfc may have more youngsters than Adelaide or Hawthorn but are they any good and if yes, will they stay? Having some older quality experienced players helps. Again but Shiels and Larkey aside, the others are not much chop. It was a pity they could not accommodate Goldy.

Think the Hawks were smart getting Gunston back to add quality experience and mentoring to their team. Will also give without fear or favour views to the Coach and assistants. Sicily is a terrific player but am not sure having a bag of door knobs as skipper sends the right message or helps their youngsters.

I am no big wrap for Tex and Sloane has entered Cotchin limping to retirement, but both have probably influenced development of the younger players.

I still have the Crows in front, just ahead of the Hawks.

In some ways it was telling Adelaide backed their system and took Curtin in the draft. He is obviously a terrific prospect. Seems Clarko and nmfc put a lot of time into the lad but finally accepted he would not stay.

Or North were simply trying to talk Curtin up to try make the Eagles panic/blink and trade pick 1 to them ?

NMFC have the 2nd best/most talented kid in the draft anyway in McKercher.

I don't know if they should have taken Duursma, but time will tell.

Or North were simply trying to talk Curtin up to try make the Eagles panic/blink and trade pick 1 to them ?

NMFC have the 2nd best/most talented kid in the draft anyway in McKercher.

I don't know if they should have taken Duursma, but time will tell.

McKercher does look good. Whether he turns into an A grader and stays, remains to be seen.

McKercher does look good. Whether he turns into an A grader and stays, remains to be seen.

If Sheezel can in his first season at a struggling North, LDU has and Wardlaw well on his way, i see why no reason why he won't at Arden St either.

Whether North can keep him from the clutches of Tassie once they enter the AFL is another story altogether

North definitely have more A grade young talent than Hawthorn though, but that is also because they have had access to better draft picks as well.

What Hawthorn have done better than the Crows or North is find and develop players outside from the first draft and used their fine VFL/reserves program at Box Hill.

That means they will have a pretty deep list once they are ready to contend (fix up their KPP holes)

That approach probably is the slower 'burn' but I also think it means they will a more resilient team with also a strong work rate and culture (those later two qualifies Clarko really needs to instill into North)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back