Who do we want to win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have no idea who I want to win. Well the truth is I want neither of them to win, but I also can't deal with another week of this if it's a draw. And working at the airport means I have to deal with allllllllllllllll the west coast fans. Kill me.

I scored tickets to the Front Bar outside the MCG for the game, so at least I'll be in booing range of Mitchell.

F*ck West Coast. F*ck Hawthorn.

I hate Hawthorn but WC winning would be unbearable.

So Hawthorn by 15 million for me.

I hope the GF is a complete fizzer that's marred by off the ball incidents, sniping and dodgy umpiring.

With lake and hale both out of contract (probably won't get a renewal)and the wrong side of 32 and playing for their 3rd premiership so let's hope they cut lose and take out as many egirls as possible. Abley backed up by hodge and Lewis let's see a first 10mins like we saw in 1989 Geeelong V Hawks.

Do I support the Eagles because they are West Aussies or do I support the Hawks because they are playing against the WCE?

WA pride tells me the Eagles.........!
BUT 20 years of coping shit from eagles supporters says.....................

C'MON the HAWKS :)

I can kinda digest being pipped by the team in the finals that won the 3 peat (twice in the last 3 years)...

The eagles have not made the finals for 2 years... For them to all of a sudden make the GF, and then clinch the Cup against a team going for their 3 peat, would just not be fair...

Only the eagles pull shit like going from bottom of the ladder to top 4 (ala 2010 and 2011)...

It seems that every other team has to 'pay their dues' so to speak...

I can kinda digest being pipped by the team in the finals that won the 3 peat (twice in the last 3 years)...

The eagles have not made the finals for 2 years... For them to all of a sudden make the GF, and then clinch the Cup against a team going for their 3 peat, would just not be fair...

Only the eagles pull shit like going from bottom of the ladder to top 4 (ala 2010 and 2011)...

It seems that every other team has to 'pay their dues' so to speak...

Problem is that Eagles are dam good chance.

We're talking about an Hawks that are ageing, prone to attacking teams and hot melb day. The Eagles couldn't have it any easier, if they don't get close/win they wont win a flag in foreseeable future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had this horrible feeling that Eagles r going to pull one from their proverbial all week. They match up well on hawthorn. Please dear god, if your not purple, please wear the brown and gold.

Yes, but surely fate would be with the hawks given their recent background in finals...

As much as I hate the hawks, they deserve to be where they are given their solid and recent history of hitting the finals first 'paying their dues' before becoming the team that they are...You could see their build start from 2010...

On the other hand, surely a team that is so inconsistent with their finals appearances in the last 6 years, such as the weagles, do not deserve to pip the hawks for the cup, especially while going for the 3-peat...I mean, no finals for 2 years and then a premiership?? Come on!!!??

It just can`t happen this way.... And if it does, then I would feel like the AFL is more like chook lotto then anything else...

I personally live my life in faith of the "hard work pays off" "focus on the process" "persistence pays off" mottos...

Otherwise if a team like the eagles do win, then what's the f'cking point of having these mottos and the faith they are meant to inspire??

I hate Hawthorn, but I hate the a Eagles more, so go Hawkes.
But my hate for Mitchell is intense so I hope Karma catches up with him.

Yes, but surely fate would be with the hawks given their recent background in finals...

As much as I hate the hawks, they deserve to be where they are given their solid and recent history of hitting the finals first 'paying their dues' before becoming the team that they are...You could see their build start from 2010...

On the other hand, surely a team that is so inconsistent with their finals appearances in the last 6 years, such as the weagles, do not deserve to pip the hawks for the cup, especially while going for the 3-peat...I mean, no finals for 2 years and then a premiership?? Come on!!!??

It just can`t happen this way.... And if it does, then I would feel like the AFL is more like chook lotto then anything else...

I personally live my life in faith of the "hard work pays off" "focus on the process" "persistence pays off" mottos...

Otherwise if a team like the eagles do win, then what's the f'cking point of having these mottos and the faith they are meant to inspire??

I take it you didn't see Hawks win the '08 flag?

Hmm would I rather sand thrown in my eyes or bamboo shoved under my fingernails? As a group of players would rather West Coast - in past times a team bursting at the seams with flogs - now its hard to really dislike a lot of them. Hawthorn however, where do you start?
The problem with West Coast winning is that it becomes 4-0 and they have plenty of flog supporters who are not difficult to dislike. Seems like a lose-lose scenario.
**** it I hate Hawthorn and and would enjoy their tears

dammit forgot about that head tosser Darling

I take it you didn't see Hawks win the '08 flag?

There's always the exception...

My point is that it's shitty when hard work doesn't always pay off and not everyone gets their 'just desserts'...

I'd rather the team who deserves it more win.

Hawks have the better recent finals resume for mine...

I can't wait to go to Garden City tomorrow and get any bay I want lol
I need to go down town to buy some shit but think I'd vomit with all the blue and yellow everywhere, will wait until the game starts to do some shopping. Actually might go down a second time for a laugh if they hopefully lose though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back