Who do we want to win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take the Broncos. I hate Thurston and one of my good mates is a Broncos supporter so I'll jump on them this week.

That is like telling a Souths fan to support East Freo because Freo first. It just won't happen. Their fans are bandwagoning clueless campaigners, their team is full of campaigners, and they are just generally campaigners. I despise them more than any team in any other sport in the world and I wish as much ill on them (not injury of course) as possible.

Post the same thing on the Adelaide or Port board and they will tell you the same thing. F*** the state v state thing when it comes to your rivals.
I'm going for the Broncos. They have been my team since I was a little fella playing for a junior rubgy league club in ipswitch qld. But I wouldn't be unhappy to see nth qld win their 1st cup.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

So for years I have copped "We have 3 flag's how many has Freo won?"....If they win it will now be "We have 4 flags, how many has Freo got?"....Needless to say the pics ridiculing our empty trophy room, while praising their newest additions would be unbearable!
I wouldnt mind them winning if there supporter base wasnt largely a pack of gloaters...but they are, so I do mind them winning!!
Hawks for me. I hope they smash them. Hope its over by 1/4 time after Roughie and Rioli kick 5 first term goals each.

I feel the football gods are having a laugh at FFC, after a period of dominance (relative) and repeated finals appearances, 3 yrs of top 4 four finishes, The WC make a grand final and Melbourne is turning on a warm spring day (predicted 27-30c) after the grand final we made 2 yrs ago was wet windy and F******g freezing. I have no doubt that given a fine sunny day in 2013 Freo would have won the GF without that swirling wind and s***ful weather (and I live here). I Couldn't stand to have our period of being regular top four team to have a WC premiership as the full stop to it. Hopefully many more top 4 finishes in coming years. But to finish minor premiers and watch WC win it would be devastating. Go Hawks.

I might take a tree and some papers into a tranquil environment and smoke it until I comatose and then come too without realising or caring for the outcome.

I'm going to float over the G and see it from Suns angle while entering an altered mind state.

I'm going on an adventure to find my tree before the weekend creeps up on me.

Hawks. Even with the three-peat crap. Even with Hodge. Even with Mitch...
wow, it is a tough one.

I actually don't mind the WC team as much as I used to. But the fans? They revolt me. Living in Perth with a WC win would be a fate even worse than a fate even worse than death.*

We had a good year, I'm moving on. Denial is a warm and supportive friend and will be there for me as I descend into alcohol dependence.

*First world problem.

My WC loving boss left a note on my windscreen on the weekend.
If they lose, I won't lower myself to that level. But it would be tempting. Actually, it would be worth getting fired over.

Man this is really hard, like having to pick someone to bang your wife.

I'm sure its a minority but some people could read this differently than your meaning. There are men who love/encourage the thought of sharing their wife, of another man "banging" her.

If not openly, as a fantasy (probably higher figure).

=======

Anyhow. I can't stand the thought of the Hawks doing a three-peat instead of us winning 2013 (thus destroying their spirit as a unit losing back to back). The pain of them beating us, when we all know the way that day panned out we stifled the hawks normal dominance and it was ours to lose... That knowledge and them turning that win into a 3-peat???? No. Just no.

I'd rather see Naitanui, the eternal spud Gaff, and Kennedy as premiership players than Mitchell/Lake, the campaigners, getting 3 medals back to back. We need to see the eagles retire the Hawks veterens.

But who knows who exactly I'll go for on the day... its hard to tell yet. I just feel the 3peat is too soul crushing an idea...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told today at work we lost because we have a shit captain, and perhaps next year once we have a good captain we'll do better.

I nailed them. Your last 4 captains; drug addict, quit the club, forced into retirement halfway through the season and the latest; Humphrey B bear. Does Hurn speak?

Hawks by a country mile.Don't have to live and work among a huge number of Dawks supporters.
Different here in Tassie.

It's a hard one, then I remember back to the 2013 grand final when we were walking out, shattered, and were met by a couple of West Coast supporters singing their team song in our face. Got back to WA and a West Coast supporter on the airport bus had a crack, another one at the servo as I was fuelling up.

**** 'em. I hope Hawthorn tear them a new one

I cannot bring myself to go for the Weags, their supporters are such front-runners and I would never hear the end of it, whereas I have a couple of friends who are Hawks supporters and they are, on the whole, reasonably decent. I want it to be a really close finish where the Hawks are awarded a contentious 50 metre penalty that puts them right in front, just as the siren goes and the Hawks steal the match. The free will be awarded by Stevic...sweet, sweet schadenfreude. I also would love that frigging sniper, Mitchell, to cop a bad leg injury. I actually don't mind some of the Eagles players, it's just some of their smug, know-nothing fans give me the shits.

I feel the football gods are having a laugh at FFC, after a period of dominance (relative) and repeated finals appearances, 3 yrs of top 4 four finishes, The WC make a grand final and Melbourne is turning on a warm spring day (predicted 27-30c) after the grand final we made 2 yrs ago was wet windy and F******g freezing. I have no doubt that given a fine sunny day in 2013 Freo would have won the GF without that swirling wind and s***ful weather (and I live here). I Couldn't stand to have our period of being regular top four team to have a WC premiership as the full stop to it. Hopefully many more top 4 finishes in coming years. But to finish minor premiers and watch WC win it would be devastating. Go Hawks.
And 2 of the 3 umpires are WC lovers (supporters)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back