Who do we want to win today?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Boy From Brasil

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2007
Noosa, Brasil
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Okay, so when I am in front of the tv watching St Kilda going up against the pies, who am I barracking for?

My thoughts are that we are probably better served if Collingwood happen to win today, as we probably have a better chance against them in the prelim than against the saints. But maybe it doesn't matter a lot in the end of the day.

What winner serves our best interests the most today? Or does it even matter?

Okay, so when I am in front of the tv watching St Kilda going up against the pies, who am I barracking for?

My thoughts are that we are probably better served if Collingwood happen to win today, as we probably have a better chance against them in the prelim than against the saints. But maybe it doesn't matter a lot in the end of the day.

What winner serves our best interests the most today? Or does it even matter?

I think mentally we'd be better off playing the Pies in a Prelim but I'd like to point out that we still need to beat Brisbane. People seem to think we're a shoe in against the Lions. Obviously I hope like crazy that we do get to the Prelim.

I don't really know. Probably Collingwood but I'm not going to barrack for them as much as I was barracking for Brisbane lastnight.

If recent form is anything to go by we wanna be playing St Kilda.

We definitely want Magpies to win today!!!!! I believe if we had of won yesterday and St kilda lose to magpies today, it would of been a much more difficult task to take on Crows or Saints in the prelim.

For that matter, if Magpies do win, i'm sure Geelong wouldn't be too happy to play one of crows or saints in 2 weeks time.

Hate to say it, lets all get behind the pies today!!!!!

Interesting thought, I'll put my 2 cents in 2 parts:
1: Obviously you would say Collingwood as we have proven that we can beat them, St Kilda is a different matter going down twice this year.
So in team match ups we would have a far better chance against Collingwood, less tall forwards to worry about.
2: Lets look at the mental side, could we get a repeat of the effort against Geelong in having beat them recently also and look what happened. Could we be more fired up against St Kilda because we know it will require a very good effort to win. (the underdog syndrome)

I think I would throw down the gauntlet and take on the saints, if we can't beat the best team in 2009 do we really deserve the cup. But overall does it really matter who we play if we are take the ultimate prize we have to beat all comers

Collingwood

If we meet the Saints in the prelim they will murder us with their TALL forwards (Surprise Surprise ROCKET)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints. As was said above if we can't beat the best we don't deserve to be in the Grand Final.

Plus, if [and it's a big if] we beat Brisbane and then the Saints it would be an ideal preperation to face, most likely, the Cats in the big one.

A man's allowed to dream isn't he?

We lost to the Cats because we couldn't convert from 25m out it wasn't because we lacked a tall forward.
thats exactly right

We lost because we played crap football forget the shots

Do not worry about who we play in a prelimenary final as we have to get there first. On this board we too often do not respect our next opponents ie West Coast twice this year posters said we will thrash them and yet we lost to them both times but to be correct we lost to them the last 5 out of 6 times. Do not look ahead of yourself just control your next move which is Brisbane and talk about how we can beat them first and that they actually won a final last night with great G&D and also know how to win premierships in there club which we do not, so do not make the same mistake again posters respect Brisbane and expect a hard match as it will be a final against opposition who have a coach and players who know how to win big games.

Do not worry about who we play in a prelimenary final as we have to get there first. On this board we too often do not respect our next opponents ie West Coast twice this year posters said we will thrash them and yet we lost to them both times but to be correct we lost to them the last 5 out of 6 times. Do not look ahead of yourself just control your next move which is Brisbane and talk about how we can beat them first

Thanks for the instructions on what we can and can't post :)

Just after 1/2 time - get prepared to play the sainters!!!
Start planning now ie who takes Reiwoldt/Koschitzke/ Gardiner.
I know we have to play Brisbane first , but still the above are critical match ups .

TBH it is pretty depressing watching St Kilda dismantle Collingwood.

If we cannot get past Geelong, we have less hope of beating St Kilda.

Not wanting to sound negative, but I cannot see a way we can beat St Kilda. I am trying to be positive and think positive thoughts, but the reality that we arn't in the same league sets in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to win today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back