Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we really flat tracked bullied the premiership faves.

They were horrendous in that game, but yeah, you did beat them. No argument there.

I'm not saying Adelaide isn't a quality side, you just haven't been tested. If you think GWS gave that game their all, you're kidding yourself.

Time will tell. Richmond and Geelong arguably in the same position. Geelong haven't played a 4 qtr effort yet, no home games, etc. Only time will tell. Good start by the Crows.

They were horrendous in that game, but yeah, you did beat them. No argument there.

I'm not saying Adelaide isn't a quality side, you just haven't been tested. If you think GWS gave that game their all, you're kidding yourself.

Time will tell. Richmond and Geelong arguably in the same position. Geelong haven't played a 4 qtr effort yet, no home games, etc. Only time will tell. Good start by the Crows.
Port tested us and Showdowns are often harder and more contested games than normal, Port have done enough to show they're worthy opponents this year.

That's a little bit naive saying the crows haven't been tested.

However in saying that finals is the real test.

4pts is 4pts and we are 5-0.

Crows will look to fulfil what they should have last season.
Started well. Depth has been tested and is coming up good.
I would like to see them beat Geelong, who have been a bit of a bogey team of late.

MCG form is yet to be seen from them. 1 game and it wasn't the best opposition.
3 games, none of them look that difficult.
Ideal scenario is to face GWS on GF day if it ends up being their 4th game there for the season

Absolutely. Would be novel if they actually had to play here for once.

You mean like last year when they beat us? They play us here again this year too

I don't think you can get a true reading on form until the bye anyway. Early season form can be deceptive

Up to this point, GWS. I think they will have learned a lot from last year's finals series - it can only hold them in good stead for the future.

Geelong and Adelaide the main challengers at this stage.

A big positive for Geelong is that they've been winning while not having yet put together 4 quarters of total football. But the team's best football is as good as anyone's. If they "click", then watch out!

I don't see how people can disregard Richmond, yet have Geelong in the mix. Both teams are undefeated after beating sides that are unlikely to make the eight. We all remember what happened to North Melbourne last year.
Considering Richmond didn't make the finals last year and haven't won a final since 2001 (and they only won 1 final from 3 games that year), I can understand most people disregarding them as a flag contender at this point in time.

Are you saying that they tanked in round? I think you're the one kidding yourself. They are a major contender for the flag this year and Crows pumped them. Fact. Stop making stuff up just to suit your theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have that extra gear they can go to when they are in trouble. I don't really want to see the Crows play Geelong or the Western Bulldogs in a final.

Yeah we do, but if we find ourselves 3-5 goals down (as we were against North Melbourne, Melbourne and St Kilda) against Adelaide or GWS I'm not sure whether we'd be able to do our streamroll-em-in-the-last-quarter thing to great effect.

At this stage: Bulldogs.
we can def win the flag.
but we still are a young team, and not sure how young teams respond after winning a flag.
we still have lots of injuries and over half our team atm is out of form

its a long season , have to wait and see towards the back end of the year
but i think the flag will come from 4 teams, dogs, crows, giants and cats

all im going to add is dont underestimate bevo.

Agreed that it looks like it will come from GWS, Cats, Dogs or Crows.

But I'd expect one other team to make a run as contenders through the middle of the year. I think Port or Freo might be that team. Both have good lists, have finals experience and had significant injuries/exclusions last year.

The Eagles will probably do fairly well over the middle part of the year too, but they're incapable of winning at the MCG, so you can exclude them from flag contention.

Difference between the Tigers and the Cats having played weaker teams is that Geelong had the best record against top teams last season including not losing to Adelaide or bulldogs and only just lost to GWS early last year and beat them on return. Of those top 4 teams, Geelong have a much better record. What is Richmond's recent form against those top 4 sides like? Pretty ordinary I think.

From an Essendon point of view, if we finish 8th I'd rather face Richmond than the cats in the finals. Didn't Richmond lose the last final they played to Carlton??

No. That response just shows what lack of understanding you have here...

Are you saying every team approaches every game with the same level of intent?
I've got lack of understanding? Huh?
You must be completely clueless. Do you really think that a genuine premiership contender would come to round 1 with any other intent than to win? Think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Back