Who do you think will step up next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanton needs to take the next step an become the quality midfielder to promises to be. I think Houli will inject some much needed pace into the midfield. Gumbleton could be a huge improver, he looks like he could be anything.

Although is might be a bit of a rebuilding year for us I think we can just squeeze into the 8.

I think Lovett or Chook will win our most improved.

Not sure if our Rising Star award is only for first year players or is like the AFL one - but if its first year then Myers else Jetta.

Stants will be our next all australian.

Laycock. Getting a run of games and a good pre season under his belt will have done him wonders.
Hocking. He is Mr.Football at the moment. I have not seen anyone train harder than him in a long time. If he doesnt make it it wont be through lack of effort.
Houli Last seasons little pipe opener will have done him a world of good.Always trains hard.
Jetta I expect that a fitter Leroy will prove to be a very dangerous small forward next year.
If Laycock can take the next step and learn to work with Hille it would be a massive, massive boost for us. Whenever a ruck played well last year we were competitive at least.

I think Hocking will make it, he has the size and tank to play midfield in afl. I think his dedication will be a huge benefit for the group as a whole. Ditto for Houli.

I simply can't wait to see the return of Davey and Jetta as a combination, it just adds so much both offensively and defensively in the forward line.

BTW Ant how much improvement do you see in Davey next year?

If Laycock can take the next step and learn to work with Hille it would be a massive, massive boost for us. Whenever a ruck played well last year we were competitive at least.

I think Hocking will make it, he has the size and tank to play midfield in afl. I think his dedication will be a huge benefit for the group as a whole. Ditto for Houli.

I simply can't wait to see the return of Davey and Jetta as a combination, it just adds so much both offensively and defensively in the forward line.

BTW Ant how much improvement do you see in Davey next year?

I don't know that Davey has to improve all that much anyway. He will obviously be a little fitter with a full season at AFL level beind him.

I don't know that Davey has to improve all that much anyway. He will obviously be a little fitter with a full season at AFL level beind him.

I think his measure of improvement will be through the amount of goals he kicks. His first year was nothing short of amazing, but add another couple of goals a game to that then we have a superstar

I think his measure of improvement will be through the amount of goals he kicks. His first year was nothing short of amazing, but add another couple of goals a game to that then we have a superstar

Not just goals, but possession, he needs to make himself more of a forward option. I want to see him get up to 8 marks a game and some 20+ possession games

If he adds that to his game he will be very dangerous. Aaron added that aspect to his game in his second year, 20+ possession games.

I havent heard much about jay nash, can he step up? the guy can play and has had a terrible run with injuries, will he get a senior gig?

i'm expecting big things from jetta, Neagle, Houli and especially Dempsey.

I'm also tipping that Pears will surprisingly give the rising star a fair shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping Ryder will have a superb year. Stanton is a star who will rise to the challenge of wearing #5, while I'd expect Monfries and McPhee to do a bit more this season. Both prodigious talents when they're at their top.

Go Dons!

Monfries without a doubt. He's at the cross roads.

He came to the club as a midfielder, has been busting for a spot in the middle and next year he will get that chance to cement himself in their.

Monfries without a doubt. He's at the cross roads.

He came to the club as a midfielder, has been busting for a spot in the middle and next year he will get that chance to cement himself in their.

remember monfries came to the club when he was very young, when you pick up a player that may not be as well developed in size and maturity it takes a little bit longer for them to hit their straps. i do agree he has been a shinning light but i wouldnt say he is at the cross roads just yet.

Stanton, Winderlich, Monfries and Jetta for mine.

Not sure Davey will get a whole lot better, will just continue to do what he does

I think Davey will improve because he'll be able to do what he does for longer.

A fitter Alwyn Davey will be able to be around the ball a lot more and that will no doubt make him, and the team, far better.

I think Davey will improve because he'll be able to do what he does for longer.

A fitter Alwyn Davey will be able to be around the ball a lot more and that will no doubt make him, and the team, far better.

Yeah good point.

I don't care about the fast guys having the ball in their hands as much if we improve our skills, but can't wait to have Davey, Jetta, Dempsey, Lovett ect chasing tackles and have teams looking over their shoulders for 2 hours.

so nobody thinks gumbleton will step up?

I reckon based on some of his later games in the year he can really step up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think will step up next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back