Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the flipside Hine will say he thought they where top two and the Collingwood masses will believe it.:D

I don't know if he'll go that far, but I can't really disagree with the sentiment. Our supporters on the whole are a pretty naive bunch.

Not sold on Dumont, Crouch or Lennon.

Lennon tested poorly, and I fear that he'll become a marking medium forward as opposed to a HFF or a midfielder. His athleticism is poor, and while he's a good mark, and a good kick, he doesn't have that many skills.

Crouch is a vanilla inside midfielder who is not really that big, is a poor kick, has no offensive or outside ability and lacks athleticism. Can't jump over a pin laid flat and is slow as treacle. Is a good inside midfielder, but that's about it. The afl website boasts about how he averaged 25 touches in the VFL, neglecting to mention the fact that he played one match in the VFL this year, and it was against Frankston.

Dumont, his kicking is average, and is probably the most finished of the top draftees, even though I'd rate him as the third best prospect from SA. Is a mainly generic inside midfielder, and I see him as roughly equal to Cripps, who isn't talked about as much.

This is where Kelly would be a perfect fit for the Bulldogs. I think you'll end up with Aish or Billings at 4

I suspect that you are right. Aish would be fine, elite kicking skills and run on the outside (to begin with) as well as experience in the seniors at a young age. I don't know as much about Billings to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 21 I don't anyone who wasn't touted as a first rounder over the past year

Reynolds looking at you.

Every player has their knocks on them.

Aish - Not that i wouldn't be happy to have him because he uses the ball so well. But i don't want him on the basis of his type, outside, likes playing backwards of center and then there is his slight frame. I'm personally happy we're not in a position to take him.

Crouch and Freeman. A case of needing the brain of Crouch in Freeman's body.

McCarthy. Don't need talls and have four or five other WA players ahead of him.

Aish - Not that i wouldn't be happy to have him because he uses the ball so well. But i don't want him on the basis of his type, outside, likes playing backwards of center and then there is his slight frame. I'm personally happy we're not in a position to take him.

Crouch and Freeman. A case of needing the brain of Crouch in Freeman's body.

McCarthy. Don't need talls and have four or five other WA players ahead of him.
Colledge, Tunbridge and McInnes similar frames to McCarthy?

Dayle Garlett - poison personified.

Colledge, Tunbridge and McInnes similar frames to McCarthy?

None of them do. All are bigger bodied and range in heights.

McInnes is 197 and 92kg. (long limbs but he's big though the lower body).
Tunbridge is ~190 and 96kg. (Thick body, tall upper body and wide shoulders and hips, shorter legs).
Colledge is 192 and 90kg. (Most like Darling only a little wider frame).
McGovern is 195 and ~93kg (thick body, balanced body shape, issue is keeping weight off rather than staking them on).
Darling is 191 and 87kg. (Wide at shoulder, narrow at hips, long legs.)

McInnes, Darling and McGovern have all lost weight since being drafted.

Hasn't Aish played in 2 Senior SANFL Premierships at this stage ?? If so, I'm not convinced his slight frame is likely to hold him back....

However, it does depend on your needs. We need outside run and class. We already have Libba, Wallis, Hrovat, Smith as young kids who can win the ball in the middle, so we need good skills and running ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back