Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you have seen Lewis Taylor play. Elite skills by foot and hand, super quick and evasive in tight, works inside and outside and they could not get near him in the champs as a 17 and 18 year old. Also helps that he gets the ball 35 times a game.

Yep...Spot on there Off Shore....Those criticizing Taylor have NFI whatsoever....Kid is a Gun! Hope he gets to pick 24...Now that would be grand larceny!....People would do well to remember that Brent Harvey is only 172cm & has dominated the league for over 15 seasons now!

Tsitas for mine is way over-Rated, solid All-round skilful footballer, but no up-side for mine! Others I don't want to see Hawthorn picking up are Isaiah Miller, Nick Holman or Willsmore- God No.

P.S Can all the Collingwood flogs Take their talk about Mr Hine & his record somewhere else! Stop boring the rest of us to death & keep your comments relevant to the thread, or better yet, start your own thread on the subject which none of the rest of us are interested in reading about!

assuming boyd, Aish, kelly and billings are gone anyone other than freeman, salem, scharanberg, sheed and crouch i don't want melbourne taking at pick 9

Yep...Spot on there Off Shore....Those criticizing Taylor have NFI whatsoever....Kid is a Gun! Hope he gets to pick 24...Now that would be grand larceny!....People would do well to remember that Brent Harvey is only 172cm & has dominated the league for over 15 seasons now!

Tsitas for mine is way over-Rated, solid All-round skilful footballer, but no up-side for mine! Others I don't want to see Hawthorn picking up are Isaiah Miller, Nick Holman or Willsmore- God No.

P.S Can all the Collingwood flogs Take their talk about Mr Hine & his record somewhere else! Stop boring the rest of us to death & keep your comments relevant to the thread, or better yet, start your own thread on the subject which none of the rest of us are interested in reading about!
I think you'll find it's non Collingwood flogs who keep bringing Hine into it, maybe get your facts right before embarrassing yourself further.

I think you'll find it's non Collingwood flogs who keep bringing Hine into it, maybe get your facts right before embarrassing yourself further.

You have been one of the principal Culprits & Your Avatar's Team Says Collingwood.....Stop embarrassing yourself there Sunshine with your total lack of self-Awareness!:confused:

You have been one of the principal Culprits & Your Avatar's Team Says Collingwood.....Stop embarrassing yourself there Sunshine with your total lack of self-Awareness!:confused:
Tell me who mentioned Hine first in this thread? You said 'can Collingwood flogs stop bringing Hine into it' umm, I think you'll find a Carlton fan brought Hine into it sparky, maybe you should have said 'would non Collingwood flogs please stop trolling Collingwood', but we all know that won't happen.

For me it's not doubting his talent as he has many stand out attirbutes, i've got concerns with the defensive side of his game

Tell me who mentioned Hine first in this thread? You said 'can Collingwood flogs stop bringing Hine into it' umm, I think you'll find a Carlton fan brought Hine into it sparky, maybe you should have said 'would non Collingwood flogs please stop trolling Collingwood', but we all know that won't happen.

Is this mud slinging really neccesary? Noone will be drafting Derek Hine. He's a good recruiter and sound thinker when it comes to drafts. I'd love to have him at West Coast and can imagine pick 6 wouldn't have been given away so easily to Collingwood with him as a recruiter at West Coast

Probably started by Carlton fans who want another current/ ex Collingwood staff member on board.

Keep it on topic peeps

Is this mud slinging really neccesary? Noone will be drafting Derek Hine. He's a good recruiter and sound thinker when it comes to drafts. I'd love to have him at West Coast and can imagine pick 6 wouldn't have been given away so easily to Collingwood with him as a recruiter at West Coast

Probably started by Carlton fans who want another current/ ex Collingwood staff member on board

Keep it on topic peeps

You tell me, did I start the mud slinging did I? Maybe read the post I responded too.

For me it's not doubting his talent as he has many stand out attirbutes, i've got concerns with the defensive side of his game

Last I checked, Brent Harvey doesn't exactly have a defensive side neither! He is still Norfs no1 attacking weapon, even at 35!!!!:eek:

Distributer, there's no harm in starting up a thread discussing Talent Managers. I'm sure if its about Collinwood & Hine, then you'll get lots of reply....Especially Carlton Flogs....Cheers!

You tell me, did I start the mud slinging did I? Maybe read the post I responded too.

I'm only responding to the last post. Haven't got time to read the other mindless poop. For the record never did i suggest or say that you started it. But am more asking people to move on from it and finish it.

Understood?

I'm only responding to the last post. Haven't got time to read the other mindless poop. For the record never did i suggest or say that you started it. But am more asking people to move on from it and finish it.

Understood?
Yes I do and I agree 100%, but maybe in future you should educate yourself before having a dig at a poster.

understand?

Not sure you have seen Lewis Taylor play. Elite skills by foot and hand, super quick and evasive in tight, works inside and outside and they could not get near him in the champs as a 17 and 18 year old. Also helps that he gets the ball 35 times a game.

Taylor is a boss. Kid ooooozzzzzes class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't see it with Freeman - I have only seen him play three matches + highlights, so could well be wrong, but doesn't get much of the footy and he doesn't seem to use his pace as often as he is reputed to.

He does look limited.

Don't want McCarthy with picks 6 or 10 and don't want kolodjashnij as I think he is worth more 11-15 rather than 5-6
I think we'll take MaCarthy at 10, we have to look to the future and we have the time to develop him, a young KF is a must IMO.

Two picks inside the top 10. Can't go wrong with Hine and Rendell (two of the best in the business) calling the shots. I think we will eventually end up with the second best player of the draft and another accomplished player. Done well this trade period.

Any tall, really. I'm wary of highly touted key defenders, in general, we don't need another speculative key forward and I would like a ruckman, but one or two of the better prospects should still be there for our second and third picks (#36 and #41).

Freeman... doesn't look as damaging as people bang on about

Yep, I know that judging someone on just a 3 minute highlights reel isn’t ideal, but nearly every time he grabbed the ball he just seemed to bomb it long, no real skill involved and anyone can do that… Furthermore I noticed a few times that after a team mate had done the hard work and taken a contested mark, that instead of sheparding the man on the mark and allowing his teammate to play on, or running ahead for a linking handball or to simply create another option, that just like Gary Ablett he’d take the easy and selfish stat padding option of simply running behind the man on the mark and demanding a dinky half metre handball at which point the opponent manning the mark was able to then run forward and force him to kick the ball under pressure/simply bomb it long instead of allowing the man who marked it to go back time his time, and choose a suitable option with no pressure. I really hope Collingwood don’t take him at either pick 6 or even 10.

Yep, I know that judging someone on just a 3 minute highlights reel isn’t ideal, but nearly every time he grabbed the ball he just seemed to bomb it long, no real skill involved and anyone can do that… Furthermore I noticed a few times that after a team mate had done the hard work and taken a contested mark, that instead of sheparding the man on the mark and allowing his teammate to play on, or running ahead for a linking handball or to simply create another option, that just like Gary Ablett he’d take the easy and selfish stat padding option of simply running behind the man on the mark and demanding a dinky half metre handball at which point the opponent manning the mark was able to then run forward and force him to kick the ball under pressure/simply bomb it long instead of allowing the man who marked it to go back time his time, and choose a suitable option with no pressure. I really hope Collingwood don’t take him at either pick 6 or even 10.
I stopped reading when you criticised Gary Ablett

Is this simply just for the first round cause they could be good pickups with your pick 38?

Have a look at Quigleys assessment of him, it mirrors what I got from only his highlights package. FWIW Quigs rated him as a 3rd rounder....

That won't happen as Richmond or Carlton will take him with their first pick. Anyone tipping Taylor as a third round pick has no credibility.

That won't happen as Richmond or Carlton will take him with their first pick. Anyone tipping Taylor as a third round pick has no credibility.

Quigley has a pretty good track record. Especially I might add at picking up players deficiencies - seriously keen eye with that stuff. Proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Also - I'm not suggesting that he will go in the second or third round. He will go in the first, I just think it will be a poor decision by that club. Even from the highlights I got turned off very quickly...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back