Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats your reason? Don't rate him?

I don't see him becoming a midfielder and the Saints need midfielders. I have him outside my top 5 in my personal ratings anyway, but I think he'll be a solid half-back at AFL level. I don't think he'll ever reach the heights Goddard did as a midfielder.

Dont want the cats to pick Darcy Gardiner. Must go for a midfielder and there are plenty of them at the top end of the draft that could be useful next year. e.g. Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam McCarthy raw as hell years away from playing AFL footy.

you dont take those type of guys in the top 10.

Ben Reid. Drafted 06 not a permanent fixture until 2010.

McCarthy could well take a similar length of time, but Hine has shown before that development time is unlikely to put him off.

FWIW not knocking your thoughts on not drafting McCarthy it's just the reasoning behind it...

Obviously I'd be happy with players that we won't get: Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Aish. Would be happy to get Acres, Sheed, Taylor, Bontempelli, Scharenberg and Freeman. So including McDonald, that's 11 players I'd be happy to get at 11.

Do not want Crouch, Lennon, Salem, Gardner, McCarthy.

Above all, don't want Kolodjashnij. Not sure why I'm so against him. He's highly rated and his highlights are good, great kick. I just don't like the idea of us using our pick on a HBF from Tassie. Seems like there have been a few draft busts from Tassie in the last few years so this may be unfairly tainting my view.

I think EH summed it up well when he said Salem is more the 5th-7th type midfielder. We're aiming to replace vital cogs in a mini rebuild. I rate Salem as more of an 'accessory' midfielder, if that makes any sense. I also think they should be better players available. I do think he is quality though.

Hoping we don't go for Sheed or Salem.

I hope we do, well at least one of them at 10 would be good.

Hope we give Lewis Taylor a pass we are too small as is.

I'd be happy with 2 of Scharenberg, Lennon, Bontempelli, Acres, Sheed, Salem, Freeman from what I have read and little I have seen.

In the end will be happy with whoever Hine reads out.

I don't want to get a massive riser, or someone that was thought of as around the 10 range when we have pick 4. So no Lennon, Freeman, Salem, Crouch etc.

Doesn't it matter where your recruiters rate him not BF?

Pendles on BF was rated 16-30 in most mocks yet Hine rated him top 5, I'm sure if you landed the next Pendlebury at 4 who BF mocks rated at 30 you wont give a crap.

Mock drafts are good for giving us non draft watchers some insight to the draft but there usually is a large discrepancy to where full time scouts rate players and the phantom drafters.

Doesn't it matter where your recruiters rate him not BF?

Pendles on BF was rated 16-30 in most mocks yet Hine rated him top 5, I'm sure if you landed the next Pendlebury at 4 who BF mocks rated at 30 you wont give a crap.

Mock drafts are good for giving us non draft watchers some insight to the draft but there usually is a large discrepancy to where full time scouts rate players and the phantom drafters.

Really I just don't want another Christian Howard debacle :D

I think EH summed it up well when he said Salem is more the 5th-7th type midfielder. We're aiming to replace vital cogs in a mini rebuild. I rate Salem as more of an 'accessory' midfielder, if that makes any sense. I also think they should be better players available. I do think he is quality though.

The funny thing is we need mids and half forwards like Salem and Billings. They just aren't my first preference this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back