who gets a premiership medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

The same way swimmers at the olympics get a medal for competing in the heats if their team wins a medal in the final.

Yes, but please take into account the extraordinary costs the AFL would have to deal with.
Every player who plays a legitimate game during the year should receive one but then I am concerned with the extra costs associated.
The AFL might make an extra 20 million this week with the replay and we might be able to factor in the extra overhead of say $2000 for extra medals but then I am concerned for the other clubs missing out on that extra dividend from the AFL coffers. A team like Adelaide or Richmond who never look like making a GF, it would hold no value to them and the AFL is meant to be equal to all clubs.
I think due to this they should keep costs to a minimum, it is already costing a pack with the extra Norm-Smith awarded to Lenny Hayes.
It was bad enough for Ricciutio, Buckley and Goodes the other year having to be only 33% winners of the Brownlow by getting awarded plastic medals.
The AFL is a business not a charity.

well gardiner didn't even really play much of the original GF, so saints managed to draw the game with gardiner on the sidelines for most of the game...

i still think he deserves a medal, would be extremely unlucky if he didn't...but technically the saints did it without him

if hayes had injured himself in the last minute of the game in a norm smith winning performance and wasn't given one it'd be an outrage

Why would it be an outrage. He didn't play in a winning Grand Final and his contribution to the result next Saturday will be as great as Leon Davis' (whether he plays or doesn't ... I hate Leon bashing but couldn't resist because I am a sheep like the rest of you).
I thought AD said something about recognition and they would look into it during the week
Looking for someone else to make the popularist and least thought through decision for him?

Have always felt that all 25 players named should get one. The emergencies are in the parade and usually have made valuable contributions to the team getting to the GF.

Except for Stephen Milne. Should be a rule against that.

Remove this Banner Ad

who gets a premiership medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back