Who is likely to be in the Pre Season draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney could have a few $$$ to play with. Depends exactly who is in it.. any ideas?

Sydney have had these players go out this year...

Kelly (vetrans)
Dunkley
Schwass
Lockett

I would imagine that Schwass and Dunks would have been on a nice amount.

Plus I am sure we will make some delistings.

I'm sure that, aside from salary cap issues, it will depend on who is available. With the number of teams with cap problems this year, I wouldn't like to end up in the pre-season draft. Unless a club has promised you a spot, you could easily be out of the game for a season or longer - well at AFL level, anywho.

Geelong are below 92.5% of the cap, so if something takes their fancy, they will be best positioned to swoop.

BTW Both Kent Kingsley and Gumby Mooney have yet to sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon they'll keep Vardy as insurance in case they lose talls to injury, similar to why they held onto Aaron James for a while.
I can't give a good reason but I'm keen to hold onto Mills.

Agree Homewood and Hyde should go.
What's the story with Biddiscombe and King?
Are they both contracted?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Geelong are below 92.5% of the cap, so if something takes their fancy, they will be best positioned to swoop.

BTW Both Kent Kingsley and Gumby Mooney have yet to sign

Are you sure ? Did the Burns trade put you under 92.5% ?

So if you dont draft a high priced recruit you will not be complying with the EBA reached between the players assoc and the AFL.

Originally posted by OldSchool

Are you sure ? Did the Burns trade put you under 92.5% ?

So if you dont draft a high priced recruit you will not be complying with the EBA reached between the players assoc and the AFL.

OOOOOHHH the players Assoc are after the cats.

Ben Kinnear would be a chance to be delisted.
Collingwood delisted 1 listed player and had 2 retire,. Lane retired earlier and I don't think he was replaced. That would mean 4 open places. I doubt Collingwood will use late draft picks so Kinnears fate probably will be determined by how many rookies are promoted. The 2 Andrew Hills have been cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is likely to be in the Pre Season draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back