Who is the best Key Defender of the 21st Century?

• Matthew Scarlett

Votes: 171 61.3%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 72 25.8%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Darren Glass

Votes: 12 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only because you keep asking. This spectacular mark and booming 50 metre goal came at a vital moment in a classic final. It capped off a great performance that sent Geelong on their 4th premiership run in 16 years.

4 in 16 is cute let me know when you beat 5 in 14. We just keep beating you again and again it’s exhausting.

Only because you keep asking. This spectacular mark and booming 50 metre goal came at a vital moment in a classic final. It capped off a great performance that sent Geelong on their 4th premiership run in 16 years.
We're not talking about playing a mediocre Collingwood side here aren't we

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet with superstars such as Rohan and Duncan Geelong still couldn't beat Richmond in 2020
Different game, different circumstances. Geelong 2020 were a weaker side. Finished 4th compared to 1st in H&A for starters. And missing a top 5 Brownlow player in Kelly. Nowhere near the same level of first half scoring shot dominance.

It doesn't surprise me that you know none of these things.

To get the thread back on track, even Gary Rohan has had more strong finals than Alex Rance.

Rance conceded 2 goals/assists or less in just 3 finals.

Rohan has had 3 goals/assists or more in 6 finals. So Rohan had twice as many finals where he had well above his season scoring average than Rance had finals of "blunting" his opponent.

To get the thread back on track, even Gary Rohan has had more strong finals than Alex Rance.

Rance conceded 2 goals/assists or less in just 3 finals.

Rohan has had 3 goals/assists or more in 6 finals. So Rohan had twice as many finals where he had well above his season scoring average than Rance had finals of "blunting" his opponent.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to bring up the importance of finals and lecture to Richmond supporters about it when we have the two greatest finals players in the history of the game in KB and Dusty 🤣

I was born in mid 90s
Okay that actually makes sense why you'd have a chip on your shoulder even after 3 recent flags.

Probably too young to even remember the only winning final before 2017 (in your 20s). The famous 2007 game (kick starting a dynasty) a prominent childhood memory. By mid 20s wondering if another 30 plus year period of irrelevancy is ahead.

With that in mind I apologise for teasing you.

Okay that actually makes sense why you'd have a chip on your shoulder even after 3 recent flags.

Probably too young to even remember the only winning final before 2017 (in your 20s). The famous 2007 game (kick starting a dynasty) a prominent childhood memory. By mid 20s wondering if another 30 plus year period of irrelevancy is ahead.

With that in mind I apologise for teasing you.

All g I like the banter. It’s one of the best things about footy. Hence the endless shitfights we all partake in

Well unless you’re Phatboy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back