Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Since we're not counting the 90's this has to be Jetta.
Has this been stated in the rules?

After a quick flick through the thread, I can only see a rule stating that players had to have played at least 1 game since the start of 2000, not that we were only to consider contributions in that time.

After a quick flick through the thread, I can only see a rule stating that players had to have played at least 1 game since the start of 2000, not that we were only to consider contributions in that time.
Best player since 2000.
Ox isn't in the best 50 players for us since 2000

Actually we sucked pretty hard he might be but he's not top 20

It's a fair point. Perhaps we should SEEK CLARIFICATION from Headless as to whether 90s form can be considered.

My take was entire Melbourne career from anybody eligible (1+ game from 2000 onward).
This makes things much more difficult. Perhaps we should start a new tournament:

Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club between 1900 and 1923?

First up Vin Coutie vs Harry Harker

That was what I thought you thought.

Makes sense to consider their full career but limit it to players that most of us had the opportunity to see live (i.e. excluding the Barassi's, Warne-Smith's etc).
Meds gets it.

Hope I made it so that people can't change their votes for full humorous effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meds gets it.

Hope I made it so that people can't change their votes for full humorous effect.
Permanently enshrining poster's mistakes in an open and unchangeable poll is the kind of accountability that has resulted in a board culture that's the envy of anonymous online text-based forums right across the world wide web.

Permanently enshrining poster's mistakes in an open and unchangeable poll is the kind of accountability that has resulted in a board culture that's the envy of anonymous online text-based forums right across the world wide web.
A board that also appears to be highly accepting of players with gambling and drug problems.

Gary Pert out Meds in please.

Since we're not counting the 90's this has to be Jetta.
Ok, Jetta
I just ignored the 2000 thing. Couldn't be bothered.
Ok, Schwarz
So the Ox was undoubtedly a better player but if it's after 2000 it can't possibly he him. Was just holding on in the GF year and fell away after that.

So has to be Jetta
Ok, Jetta

Ok, Schwarz
Schwarz best was before 2000 so this is a somewhat easy decision for me , it's Nev. If we were including the 90s and it's Ox.
Ok, Jetta
My take was entire Melbourne career from anybody eligible (1+ game from 2000 onward).
Ok, Schwarz

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Back