Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He was meme more than a cult hero. Far too s**t to receive cult hero status.
Lol fair I was young, think I just felt bad for him wanted him to not be shit. If I was older probably would have hated him like Omac

you swap him for a semi capable KPD and that team wins flags.

Shame Ingo retired when he did, if he had a few more years left things could have been different. Loved that guy. He was Mr reliable. That's all we needed.

Neitz was definitely the better captain imo. There's no way our current side would've gone out in straight sets for two consecutive years if he was our leader.

It's much harder to judge who the better player is though.
Rose tinted specs. We were never primed for finals under Neitz and Neale, regardless of the fact that we weren't as good as other teams.

Gawn's accolades speak for themselves, he is a much better player for mine.

Still voted for Neita though because he's my all time favourite. Only ever wore #9 when I was a kid.
Yeah I think Gawn is generally a better footballer and I don't think he's a bad leader at all but if I had to decide which player to captain our side it would be Neitz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neitz never opened his home as an orphanage for druggies like Johnstone. Another point for Gawn.
Neitz was on the front line belting security guards who tried to stop them getting on it. Point back to him.

He said something about is being proud of making top 4 and another successful season.

Only a drunk May actually said we should have done better
I remember he said after a loss in the middle of the year we were in a place other teams would like to be in (top 4).

Haven't heard him say anything about the season after the fact though, but maybe I missed it.

I remember he said after a loss in the middle of the year we were in a place other teams would like to be in (top 4).

Haven't heard him say anything about the season after the fact though, but maybe I missed it.
If he didn't he definitely said it with his eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Back