Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid is better than them all by far
Quietened down a bit but look at the team he has to work with. Next year we’ll be talking about him in this type of thread, and yes laugh away, but maybe we’ll be taking about Nick Watson as well. Ashcroft is very unlucky not to be waxed lyrical about in this type of thread as well.

Sheezel and Daicos have each only had 4 sub 20 disposal games ever in their career.

1 of them was Sheezel playing deep forward and he had 18 and kicked 2.

I believe Sheezel and Daicos may be the only players in the comp to have had just 1 x sub 15 disposal game in their career with a decent game qualifier.

Daicos has only had 1, when McGuiness got a hold of him late last year. He had a 15 touch game against Melbourne earlier this year as the next closest.

Sheezel had an 11 touch game in his rookie season against GC in the wet.

To put that in perspective, Serong as a former RS winner and an ultra consistent one from the get go has had 17.
If you're interested in perspective you should probably mention that Serong debuted in 2020 when games were shorter due to COVID adjustments. Serong has never had sub 15 disposals in full length games.

Also worth mentioning that Serong has never taken a kick out in his career, whilst Daicos and Sheezel have taken over 100 each in their first two seasons.

Personally I think the record is only useful for clickbait because it doesn't really matter if a streak is ended by a concussion or one bad game, etc.

If you're interested in perspective you should probably mention that Serong debuted in 2020 when games were shorter due to COVID adjustments. Serong has never had sub 15 disposals in full length games.

Also worth mentioning that Serong has never taken a kick out in his career, whilst Daicos and Sheezel have taken over 100 each in their first two seasons.

Personally I think the record is only useful for clickbait because it doesn't really matter if a streak is ended by a concussion or one bad game, etc.
Serong is awesome, but he’s also the 2nd worst kick inside 50 in the comp

Serong is awesome, but he’s also the 2nd worst kick inside 50 in the comp
He doesn't have speed or size to buy himself time in a clearance so when he is kicking out of a clearance it's usually with someone hanging off him, which usually leads to an ineffective kick.

In open play he's a decent kick and will try to take the game on. He had several important kicks on the weekend that opened up the ground which resulted in scores.

Yeah you get that from players whose disposals are mostly contested or in congestion.
It’s the lot of an inside mid extractor. Shame that.

It's actually nothing to do with that.

It's a relative rating based on the difficulty of the kick, so they take that into if it was a contested kick of high difficulty.

Their determination is as much decision making as it is the kick itself.

From memory the worst decision makers and kicks inside 50 this season are:

1. Matt Kennedy
2. Caleb Serong
3. Noah Anderson
4. Jack Crisp
5. Sam Walsh
6. Jordan Dawson
7. Matt Rowell
8. Jack Viney
9. Jye Caldwell
10. Darcy Wilmot

The best decision makers going inside 50 (i.e who generate the easiest kicks inside 50 = who identify the easiest option (i.e decision making and footy IQ) and execute this season were.

1. Gryan Miers
2. JHF
3. Zak Butters
4. Harry Sheezel
5. Toby Greene

You can't go wrong with any of Daicos, Sheezel, Gulden, Serong, Walsh etc. Supporters of their clubs would be pretty damn happy with them. Only exceptions are the scathingly jealous oppo supporters who hang shit on them for a down game or two (check out the obsessed lowlifes on the Daicos thread :$ :$ :$ ).

It's actually nothing to do with that.

It's a relative rating based on the difficulty of the kick, so they take that into if it was a contested kick of high difficulty.

Their determination is as much decision making as it is the kick itself.

From memory the worst decision makers and kicks inside 50 this season are:

1. Matt Kennedy
2. Caleb Serong
3. Noah Anderson
4. Jack Crisp
5. Sam Walsh
6. Jordan Dawson
7. Matt Rowell
8. Jack Viney
9. Jye Caldwell
10. Darcy Wilmot

The best decision makers going inside 50 (i.e who generate the easiest kicks inside 50 = who identify the easiest option (i.e decision making and footy IQ) and execute this season were.

1. Gryan Miers
2. JHF
3. Zak Butters
4. Harry Sheezel
5. Toby Greene

Gryan Miers looks for the pass first, that’s what he’s been instructed to do. It’s not footy IQ where he knows when to go for goal or when to pass in a split second decision.

That’s why is goal numbers are so low but assists really high.

I wouldn’t even know what serong looks like. Fair to say the footy media doesn’t focus much on him.
He did win the HUN Player of the year last year.
Petracca butters and daicos were the rest of the top 4.
But your right he isn’t afforded cheerleaders at foxfooty or SEN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back