Who is the luckiest footballer ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was Southby full back of the Carlton team of the century?
He was back-pocket.

SOS is the luckiest player ever. Not only is he the official full-back of the century - getting to thrash Carey and Ablett in consecutive weeks in a final series - he gets to marry Jo Bailey and then gets a high-paying TV job without any identifiable talent for the role. No wonder some of you are going delirious with envy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Outoftheblue
Over the whole package, Feriss. You know, the premierships, the whole full-back of the century thing ...

You're a funny man.. :D Throw in a few McFuks and you could be playing Twin Towns as opening act for Rodney Rude.

Im not taking the fourex either, that genuinley cracked me up:D

Though I must admit OutoftheBlue, that I am envious of Carlton's ability to get a great coach and pick itself up off the abbatoir floor and move on and upwards.

We've been down for 20 years and still back where we began. You guys have been down 2 years and already above us again.

But once you start winning properley again, don't expect such nice words for the scum;)

Feriss have you managed to 'de-clag' that copy of Penthouse with Joanne Capper in it yet...................the least you can do before trying to sell it mate!

Originally posted by Zeke
Martin Pike.

i have to agree from the reprives recieved by being picked up by the right team at the right time in thier premiership clock cycle.

dont get me wrong he has also worked hard to reinvent himself and currently fill in for any missing forward in the lions lineup a champion player, not just lucky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Fitzroy B&F 1996, 8th North Melb B&F 1997, 8th Lions B&F 2003; Member North Melbourne Premiership Side 1999, Member North Melbourne Grand Final Side 1998, Member North Melbourne Ansett Cup Premiership Side 1998, Member North Melbourne Ansett Cup Grand Final Side 2000, Member Lions’ Ansett Cup New Zealand Tour Party 2001, Member Lions’ Ansett Cup Grand Final Side 2001, South Australian State of Origin Representative 1998, Premiership Player 2001-2002-2003.

Re: Re: Who is the luckiest footballer ever?

Originally posted by mighty mick
i have to agree from the reprives recieved by being picked up by the right team at the right time in thier premiership clock cycle.

dont get me wrong he has also worked hard to reinvent himself and currently fill in for any missing forward in the lions lineup a champion player, not just lucky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Fitzroy B&F 1996, 8th North Melb B&F 1997, 8th Lions B&F 2003; Member North Melbourne Premiership Side 1999, Member North Melbourne Grand Final Side 1998, Member North Melbourne Ansett Cup Premiership Side 1998, Member North Melbourne Ansett Cup Grand Final Side 2000, Member Lions’ Ansett Cup New Zealand Tour Party 2001, Member Lions’ Ansett Cup Grand Final Side 2001, South Australian State of Origin Representative 1998, Premiership Player 2001-2002-2003.

What I found suprising here is that Pike has played in a Grand Final Every year since, and including, 1998.

If he makes it this year, he would have been in 7 straight grand finals, with only the year 2000 the blemish... He still appeared in the Pre-season Grand Final.

Is this some kind of record?

One player in a grand final every year for 7 years, BUT with a change of team thrown in halfway for good measure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the luckiest footballer ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back