Who Is Your Choice For '05'

Remove this Banner Ad

You probably needed Gary O'Donnell in the poll as well, but he can be the other, folks.

Other = Gary O'Donnell

Rest assured that the coach WON'T come outside of these 4 names whether you fancy someone else or not.

The betting market would have to be:

Wallace 6/10 on and favourite

Eade 2/1

O'Donnell 5/1

Craig 10/1

Others 20/1 or longer

My choice is Wallace - he's the man for the job.

Gary O'Donnell

Amired him as a player immensley.

He has been coached by Sheedy and worked with Leigh Matthews for three flags in a row.

He is young and will have the respect of all the players

We need to take a bit of a risk in my view.

Originally posted by Fergus
Terry Wallace is my choice. He extracted the maximum from the Bulldogs and I think he could do the same for us.

I agree. Gary O would be a good coach to take a risk on but the Crows don't need to take a risk.

OK folks, I'm new to Bigfooty...

I'm trusting the AFC will get the right coach for 2005. Please, god.

Here are my 3 choices in preference order-:

1) Terry Wallace

Tactically-sound, media-savvy, reasonably good with developing players. Only concern is that bloody voice of his!

My dreamteam coaching panel would be-: Wallace (Head), Jonas, Rehn & Wayne Carey.

2) Gary O'Donnell

His reputation is sound. Excellent assistant coaching credentials. Carries himself well, unlike other bumbling assistants like Mark Harvey (who comes across as being as thick as 2 bricks).

3) Peter Jonas or Shaun Rehn

Probably the best of the 'give 'em a go' brigade. Obviously the legal proceedings involving Rehn/SANFL/Crows would need to be resolved!

p.s. Eade is obviously credentialled (made a GF, Swans were consistent) - but he is comes across as dull and uninspiring. Craig? Well, the verdict is out. Can't say he inspires me either. Look forward to seeing his gameplans over the next 9 weeks.

Originally posted by Jars458
Gary O'Donnell

Amired him as a player immensley.

He has been coached by Sheedy and worked with Leigh Matthews for three flags in a row.

He is young and will have the respect of all the players

We need to take a bit of a risk in my view.

My thoughts exactly & i'm pretty sure he would want to bring his own assistants with him.

If Peter Jonas doesn't get the Senior job at Adelaide, how do people reckon he'd go taking over from James Fantasia as Recruiting Manager???

He has a great talent in picking the best players in the competition.

As I said on another thread, this is the coaching line up I want to see in 2005:

SENIOR COACH
Terry Wallace

Assistant - Ruck Coach
Shaun Rehn

Assistant - Midfield Coach
Alistair Clarkson

Assistant - Forward Coach
Wayne Carey

Assistant - Defence coach
Nigel Smart / Gary 0'Donnell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mvc-011s.jpg

Let's look at the 4 main chances in order of favouritism, but in racing parlance.

Wallace 10/6 on

The class runner of the field and resuming from a spell. Very impressive in last preparation, although performance tapered off somewhat prior to the spell.

Freshened up - go well.

Eade 2/1

Another experienced campaigner resuming from a spell. Dour performer who also has some good performances to recommend.

The danger to the favourite.

O'Donnell 5/1

Extremely well bred youngster (Played for Sheedy - Learnt from Matthews) who has trialled well, but lacks the race experience of the others.

Could be the surprise packet.

Craig 10/1

Better known for his past performances as a milk cart horse for Norwood. Handy at cone moving level, but attempting to compete with the best.

Big jump in class - not on past showings.

Senior Coach
Terry Wallace

Development and Forward Line Coach
Peter Jonas

Ruck Coach
Shaun Rehn or David Pittman

Backline Coach
Nigel Smart or Peter Caven

Midfield Coach
Probably Neil Craig :confused:

Football Operations Manager
Wayne Carey ;)

It looks like Carey has no aspirations to coach so the dream of having him as the forward coach appears to be dashed.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

It looks like Carey has no aspirations to coach so the dream of having him as the forward coach appears to be dashed.

Definitely no chance Stiffy. Just watching Carey on White Line Fever, and he was asked that question.

He made it very clear that he would not be coaching next year, and would be looking in other directions for his future.

IMO he'll make 3 to 4 times in the media what he would as an assistant coach.

Originally posted by macca23
Definitely no chance Stiffy. Just watching Carey on White Line Fever, and he was asked that question.

He made it very clear that he would not be coaching next year, and would be looking in other directions for his future.

IMO he'll make 3 to 4 times in the media what he would as an assistant coach.
Thats the feeling I got outside the media. Maybe we can have him in a part time capacity once or twice a week. Highly unlikely. As you say he would earn a LOT more in the media for a lot less work and a hell of a lot less stress.

I dont want either Eade or Wallace coaching the Crows next year.

I don't like the state that Wallace left the Bulldogs in, nor the manner in which he did it. For mine he is suspect in the recruiting area, and we are going to do some serious "renovating" in the next 2-3 years.

I see Eade going to Richmond, but if we had first pick, I still would say no. The way the Swans picked up after he left say to me that he had the cattle, but couldn't do anything with then.

I am (like everyone else I suppose) waiting to see how the side performs with Craig at the helm. I dont think he is the annointed one by any stretch of the imagination yet, but unlike the others, he has 9 weeks to fly or die.

I have a hunch about Peter Jonas, but would also look favourably upon appointing Gary O'Donnell.

Still Crowing's Ordered List.
1. Peter Jonas
2. Gary O'Donnell
3. Neil Craig

Originally posted by poptiffscherry
If Peter Jonas doesn't get the Senior job at Adelaide, how do people reckon he'd go taking over from James Fantasia as Recruiting Manager???

He has a great talent in picking the best players in the competition.

Agree with this totally. If not the senior coach, then definately recruting manager, would do a much, much better job than Fantasia (but then again my dog could do a better job than Fantasia).

After we sort this out, its time for the major clean out of not just the players, but the board too, and time for a significant decrease in season ticket prices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Is Your Choice For '05'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back