Who lives in WSYDNEY?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously folks, this is a bloody good thread, even tho it may have been started by a RL troll. Well thats backfired nicely. :rolleyes:

I was starting to wonder where the WS posters were (ie WS residents), apart from the usual rhino advocates, many of us living interstate. Whilst we can snort and charge, the real groundtroops live in WS. :thumbsu:

I am from Blacktown, followed the Swans for years, and do a lot of volunteer work for them too.

But as soon as GWS is up and rolling, I will be crossing over for sure. Why not support the team from the area you live in. Makes complete sense to me.

Totally spewing that they are playing the games at Homebush not at Blacktown though. That is dissapointing as it only a 2 minute drive from home. But I believe in the future they plan on playing their games at their Blacktown Field.

Terribly excited can not wait.

... NOT SHEEDS, THAT's FOR SURE!!! ... and if he has anything to do with it, there will be no slumming with the unwashed for the players either!!! ... well done Kevin, way to grab the WESTERN Sydney fans support ... go and live in Swans territory :p

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/breakfast-is-served-for-folau/story-e6freye0-1225885452802

Good point W&R. Whilst Sheeds was a plumber, I'm sure he's been receiving around the half to one million mark each of his coaching years in AFL.

Its a bit like the actors who were previously waiting on tables or living out of a van. When they 'make it', they are flitting form one mansion to another across country and ocean. So Sheeds would be at home by the upmarket river address.

In Bris, I lived in suburbs where most of the LIons lived, by the river. Very exciting. Saw Aker a number of times. As for the GWS players, it would defeat the purpose of creating the GWS team, and its regional identity, if the players lived in Cronulla, where so many NRL and Oz cricket team live.

If the GWS players live in the surf suburbs, then whats the point?

It would defeat the purpose of creating the GWS team, and its regional identity, if the players lived in Cronulla, where so many NRL and Oz cricket team live.

If the GWS players live in the surf suburbs, then whats the point?

Breakfast Point isn't Western Sydney, sure, but it's hardly a "surf suburb", let alone Cronulla.

Blacktown here. WOn't be changing teams but looking forward to having a local based team. Will be rocking up to homebush and catching a few more games once they start.

I for one am not completely sure of what Western Sydney exactly refers to. Common sense would point to anything west of the CBD, but I want to know from the fans themselves.

Would Paramatta or Fairfield be inclusive in the club's name?

I for one am not completely sure of what Western Sydney exactly refers to. Common sense would point to anything west of the CBD, but I want to know from the fans themselves.

Would Paramatta or Fairfield be inclusive in the club's name?

I'd suggest so. Homebush is meant to be roughly the demographic centre of Sydney (meaning an equal amount of population in all directions), so my thoughts are anything west from there is considered Western Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Wests Tigers play from Balmain, you could lay a claim to anywhere west of the CBD (though obviously that's because they absorbed the Magpies). Realistically I'd say roughly anything west of the start of the M4 if pressed.

I dont really love areas heaps west, but I live near Bankstown so this would be my 2nd team - it's gona be awesome being able to follow 2 teams, and perhaps even go to a few games hope GWS is a massive success !

Remove this Banner Ad

Who lives in WSYDNEY?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back