Who promises so much yet delivers so little?

Remove this Banner Ad

This year? Mackie I think has had a pretty ordinary season compared to the past few where he was at AA level

I think Mooney is well down on his best this year too (see other thread)

In terms of someone who's never reached their potential it is definitely Gamble

I think the best thing about the Geelong side is that almost every player in the seniors is playing or has played a lot of their football to the best of their ability. And that shows what a great coaching set up they have there

Hawkins?

Controversial :eek:.... But his early season form and his general potential does promise ME a lot.

Although he is coming into some form now, and is young, he still is promising a lot but hasn't delivered it yet. Just my opinion.

I'm prepared to be patient though ;).

Of the best 22... he's the one for me.

Not controversial. Hawkins is the definition of this phrase, in terms of overall output relative to what we know he is capable of. Often gets injured just when he looks to be taking off, lacks confidence yet can roost it from outside 50 etc...

Gamble is another, in that we ALL expected him to make it based on early performances in the seniors. Had a bit of X-factor, had quite a few shots at goal in several games due to smart leading. But then went backwards.

I don't see how someone like West has promised much at all, so failing to deliver is kinda irrelevant.

VFL - Gamble : just can't seem to perform well in the AFL like he does most weeks in the magoos

AFL - Hawkins : it's only thanks to Stokes yanking his jumper that he went back and had that shot from just outside the 50 on friday night.These are the things supporters wish he did more often.He gets the ball inside the 50 and looks to pass off too often.

AFL - Hawkins : it's only thanks to Stokes yanking his jumper that he went back and had that shot from just outside the 50 on friday night.These are the things supporters wish he did more often.He gets the ball inside the 50 and looks to pass off too often.

he has been a tad disappointing thus far but there isnt too many bigs (gumbo, thorpe, hansen to name a few) from his draft class that have set the world on fire who also had big wraps.

gotta agree on the kane tenace comment.. what's his story nowdays? damn he had some pace!
Running around for Glenelg in the SANFL and doing alright I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be Tenace. I still LOL that we gave him that 4 year contract and then couldn't delist him when it became clear he couldn't kick the football.

Gamble a close second.

And going back a bit further, every key forward we recruited in the search for the 'great white hope' (except for Mitchell White, who was fairly serviceable, and Kent of course).

Remove this Banner Ad

Who promises so much yet delivers so little?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back