Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
zumba.jpg
you dont have send me a photo of you and your dance group

Paul Medhurst

According to our purple friends here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18312605#post18312605

Medhurst wants to come home. Opinions?

If he was cheap and considering the compromised drafts, I would do the deal.

Would be very handy to chuck him on a HFF to relieve pressure from LeCras. Might spell trouble for McKinley however.

Around 30 goals and 20 assists would be worthwhile if cheap enough. His pressure is as good as it's ever been and better then LeCras'.

Re: Paul Medhurst

Getting old and injury prone.

If we going to trade for a fwd rather a crumbing forward who can also play up the ground.

Target either Yarran, Gartlett, Leroy Jetta, all uncontracted.

Neville Jetta dropped this weekend I think, contracted but worth inquiring about.

I'd inquire about Leroy Jetta for sure.

We're no chance of getting Garlett or Yarran and I wouldn't call Nev Jetta a crumbing forward though we do require his skillset. However, I don't think we're really a chance of getting him either.

I'd inquire about Leroy Jetta for sure.

We're no chance of getting Garlett or Yarran and I wouldn't call Nev Jetta a crumbing forward though we do require his skillset. However, I don't think we're really a chance of getting him either.

I think we could get any of the uncontracted lot if we offered them enough money and they wanted to return home.

We have never been aggressive during trade week but we require an immediate injection of pace and x-factor and would be disappointed if we didn't look at other club lists, but certainly not surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How insightful...
Then how about HELL NO, is that a little more insightful.:p

He is a Hack, always was always will be.
He is having a sook because Collingwoods younger players have surpassed him, and now that freo are going good he want to come home hoping that they will be silly enough to get him back eg- Farmer, Bell, Mcphee but he has never been at the level these guys have.
He is a flash in the pan, 1 in 10 game player nothing more.
The only good thing Medhurst could bring to the club is his sister who has a great arse.;)

Surely he is too old. By the time we're any good, he'll be well past it.

Possibly...

Don't you think he'd improve the team greater then a very late pick in a compromised draft regardless?

Perhaps it would allow LeCras to move into the midfield and assist that developing and allow us a couple of extra years to develop some genuine forwards.

On the cheap, I can certainly see value.

I don't think it's likely to happen but it is an interesting notion.

Then how about HELL NO, is that a little more insightful.:p

He is a Hack, always was always will be.

The only good thing Medhurst could bring to the club is his sister who has a great arse.;)

You do realise this "hack" would be a walk-up start into your line-up? He has also achieved more than any player currently in your forward line.

As for the last part of the comment, have you got a pic? ;)

To be honest I would rather Leon Davis. He is even older but could bridge the gap for 2 years until Weedon, Broome etc develop. Would have to get him on the cheap though as would any player that is not going to be part of our next push.

In terms of juniors, I do like the look of both Shaun Atley and Jayden Pitt, with Atley probably winning out at this stage. I think that Jared Polec suits our needs better as a clean, quick wingman, but he does have the tendancy to bomb it long, and would not appear as highly rated as Atley and possilbly Pitt. I have a feeling that if we do end up with pick 4 we will take Gaff, but say we finish 15th and end up with 6, then my order of preference at this stage would go Atley, Colec, Pitt.
On top of all this, the two guys who I'm really keen on for the second round are Jed Lamb and Kieren Harper. Both very smart players with goal sense and a bit of x-factor who suit our needs perfectly. Harper seems to be a bit of a bolter and I wouldn't be surprised to see him rise in the rankings later on in the season.

Medhurst turns 29 in December.

I'd be very surprised if we went for him, 179 games.

Maybe 3 seasons left in him. If he wasn't injured you'd consider it but he's hardly played all year and last year he suffered through injury as well.

Pretty much this.

If we really do want him for some reason, I would look at the PSD, (not sure on contract status), where at the moment we would have pick 2. Certainly wouldnt be paying anything for him

The more I watch Gaff the more I like him. He is all class. Great skills, great decision maker and reads the play beautifully. Love the play at 1.15 when he wills Watson (like the look of him also, will be a bolter me thinks) to run to where he wanted him 3 secs earlier.

While we need some speed and x-factor I also think somebody like Gaff (who reminds me a little of Dal Santo) will provide us with that classy link player that can distribute to our midfield brigade and set up thrusts across half back.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VW4SNIJN5us&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VW4SNIJN5us&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The more I watch Gaff the more I like him. He is all class. Great skills, great decision maker and reads the play beautifully. Love the play at 1.15 when he wills Watson (like the look of him also, will be a bolter me thinks) to run to where he wanted him 3 secs earlier.
Right, but then his handball was crap.

After watching that just affirms to me what i thought about gaff. Hard worker, good not great skills, good decision maker, average speed and his disposal isn't all that damaging. Really dont want him with either pick 4 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back