Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Paul Medhurst

You do realise this "hack" would be a walk-up start into your line-up? He has also achieved more than any player currently in your forward line.

As for the last part of the comment, have you got a pic? ;)

Interesting - here i was thinking Lynch had a premiership medal. Perhaps Medhurst has a 'I tried hard' medal from yr 6 to compare?

West Coast don't need an inside midfielder like Gaff. They've got Kerr, Priddis, Masten, Ebert, Shuey, Swift, Stevens and (A.Selwood who's really a HBF cum IM).
NO MORE DAMMIT!

If WC have to trade Cox and our pick 4 to get Bennell and a later pick, so be it. Even if we have to pay slightly overs to get Bennell, it must be done.

Sheppard, Swift, Bennell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rosa, Priddis, Dalziell.

Our current centre line is embarrassing.

This a 5 year plan, 6 or more?

Interesting - here i was thinking Lynch had a premiership medal. Perhaps Medhurst has a 'I tried hard' medal from yr 6 to compare?
Stop being a one-eyed delusional knob. Medhurst is a way better player than Lynch. Obviously in your books Rowan Jones is a better player than Robbie Flower because he has a premiership medallion.:rolleyes:

But don't be too disappointed, there's tools like you on every team board.

This a 5 year plan, 6 or more?
Why does it need to be a plan? The equation is very simple:

1. we have too many players who are either and/or plodders, poor decision makes, poor foot skilled, or just plain B grade.

2. Fill midfield full of players who can kick, decision make, and are quick. We can maybe afford to carry 1 slowy (if they are good elsewhere), but poor decision makers with poor foot skills must be left by the wayside

So

When? Do we phase out over a few years or just bite the bullet?

Answer

We have been phasing out and we will be rewarded with a spoon. Didn't work. Make the break. Put A Selwood, Embley, McGinnity, Dalziel, and Priddis on the scrap heap right now.

Rosa gets a stay of execution because in a good team he can be carried because he is a good classical wingman. Ebert also gets a stay of execution. I'd like to see what he can do in a good team before discarding him.

let's just get Masten, Swift, Shuey, Stevens, Sheppard, and Ebert playing on the ball. A step backwards is key to step forwards.

Stop being a one-eyed delusional knob. Medhurst is a way better player than Lynch. Obviously in your books Rowan Jones is a better player than Robbie Flower because he has a premiership medallion.:rolleyes:

But don't be too disappointed, there's tools like you on every team board.

so which part of lynch achieving more is factually incorrect?

loving the insults - i see they don't stop - highlights your character.

so which part of lynch achieving more is factually incorrect?

loving the insults - i see they don't stop - highlights your character.
Clearly the poster you responded to was talking about individual achievements rather than team ones. The whole debate around Medhurst was focussed on either ability or suitableness to our team. Then you had to go and be a peanut and pull out the "but he's got a premiership medallion". Is it too hard for you to have a mature conversation?

Clearly the poster you responded to was talking about individual achievements rather than team ones. The whole debate around Medhurst was focussed on either ability or suitableness to our team. Then you had to go and be a peanut and pull out the "but he's got a premiership medallion". Is it too hard for you to have a mature conversation?

leading the goal kicking in a premiership team - and standing up and kicking 3 goals in a gf we won by a pt covers anything medhurst has done. but close your eyes and pretend it really didn't happen

both middle of the road footballers - so using robbie flower smacks of desperation.

So bunsen for all of lynch's and medhursts abilities and faults both have had a highest finish of second in their clubs best and fairest.

Medhurst has 1 All australian cap while lynch has a premiership medallion.

Lynch is a life member of an AFL club while Medhurst isnt.

Medhurst highest goal scoring season was 50. Lynch's highest was 65.

So tell me how medhurst has had such a better career than lynch?

So bunsen for all of lynch's and medhursts abilities and faults both have had a highest finish of second in their clubs best and fairest.

Medhurst has 1 All australian cap while lynch has a premiership medallion.

Lynch is a life member of an AFL club while Medhurst isnt.

Medhurst highest goal scoring season was 50. Lynch's highest was 65.

So tell me how medhurst has had such a better career than lynch?
Not sure what life membership has got to do with playing ability in this case?
Lynch has played for 1 team, Medhurst 2.

Why don't you do a public poll on the main board and see who everyone thinks has been the better player? I'm pretty confident medhurst is rated higher.

Not sure what life membership has got to do with playing ability in this case?
Lynch has played for 1 team, Medhurst 2.

Why don't you do a public poll on the main board and see who everyone thinks has been the better player? I'm pretty confident medhurst is rated higher.

Put a poll and see who everyone thinks has achieved more. That's the crux of the argument.

You do realise this "hack" would be a walk-up start into your line-up? He has also achieved more than any player currently in your forward line.

That's the crux of the argument, that he has achieved more.

It was little Daisy trying to boost his trade value for the pies. Leave him to rot in Melbourne, or Claremont Oval. Would be very disappointed if we were remotely interested, then I would start to think things were very wrong in the football department.

You guys are splitting hairs. The discussion was about talent as stated here by Little Daisy:

You do realise this "hack" would be a walk-up start into your line-up?

Just because he erred by using the word "acheived" doesn't mean you guys should all of a sudden whip out the lame "premiership medallion" argument. And then the even lamer "he's trying to boost his trade value" argument. You guys do realise that what is said on BF has 0 influence on Medhurst's trade value?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was just a piece on Betts, Yarran & Gartlett on Pre-Game and they look a tight unit, don't think any of those guys will be lured back west.

You guys are splitting hairs. The discussion was about talent as stated here by Little Daisy:

You do realise this "hack" would be a walk-up start into your line-up?

Just because he erred by using the word "acheived" doesn't mean you guys should all of a sudden whip out the lame "premiership medallion" argument. And then the even lamer "he's trying to boost his trade value" argument. You guys do realise that what is said on BF has 0 influence on Medhurst's trade value?

splitting hairs? go back and read my post and see which part of DT's post i bolded? any peanut could see that...

Now you come up with something else to argue to try and say something remotely valid. Keep punching BB.

After watching that just affirms to me what i thought about gaff. Hard worker, good not great skills, good decision maker, average speed and his disposal isn't all that damaging. Really dont want him with either pick 4 or 6.

Agree. Modern football is a high speed and high pressure game, Ebert had good but not great skills at U18 level.

Gaff would be a drafting Gaff for pick 4,6,8.

Agree. Modern football is a high speed and high pressure game, Ebert had good but not great skills at U18 level.

Gaff would be a drafting Gaff for pick 4,6,8.

I disagree. Because the game is super quick somebody like Gaff would not have a problem with the tempo because he has so much time on the ball and is a good decision maker.

We will see where he is drafted and how he turns out and revisit this topic.

After Swallow, Day & Bennell is clearly the next best IMO.

What are the chances GC going.

Pick 1 - Swallow (Midfield)
Pick 2 - Day (Forward)
Pick 3 - Gorringe (Ruck)

What are the chances GC going.

Pick 1 - Swallow (Midfield)
Pick 2 - Day (Forward)
Pick 3 - Gorringe (Ruck)
Absolutely zero. They will pick Bennell

Hope Bennell tells GC he doubts he can move from WA , needs a good family base in WA and wont be keen to stay if they draft him .... Bennell would be the only indigenous player on GC list next year whereas at WCE the Indigenous support program would be better for him . It could happen ;)

We should target some hard nuts like Sylvia / Moloney / Lewis / Bateman

Hope Bennell tells GC he doubts he can move from WA , needs a good family base in WA and wont be keen to stay if they draft him .... Bennell would be the only indigenous player on GC list next year whereas at WCE the Indigenous support program would be better for him . It could happen ;)

We should target some hard nuts like Sylvia / Moloney / Lewis / Bateman

We dont need hard nuts mate. We have plenty in the making on our list. What do you think the plodders who make it are called ;)

Also if i was west coast i'd be having a few words in bennell's ear about what to say to gold coast and about the indigenous support program and extra pay ;)

Guys seem to keep pinning their hopes on a single player in the draft in the hope he may turn around the club's woes. Sadly a single player won't do jack shit for at least a few years in the system and really we have no choice but to work with the crap we have - sadly.

Worsfold is going to see out his contract and with the in coming CEO Cransberg stating he will see it out( I have known this guy for years hell he is my boss and he sticks to his guns ) so the thing we have to look forward to is a clean out of the assistants.

Get Laidley to West Coast ASAP and pay him what ever he wants, a man of his strategic abilities COULD turn us around quicker than what is apparent right now and its not some "miracle" drafting of a god gifted player to raise us up like Jesus from the depths of failure.

Oh and perhaps we scour the Sunday leagues for a goal kicker with runs on the board to be a focal point not unlike Pods, I'm sure there must be one out there and if not look in the Victorian leagues.

How would you guys feel about your first rounder + McKinley for Yarran and our second rounder?

I think this trade could solve problems for both teams. Would give you guys a serious injection of skill and pace, and two hits at the second round.

I dare say we'd use the first rounder on a young tall in the draft. Not as sure re: McKinley, but would be worth a punt.

Both he and Yarran might play their best footy in their home State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back