Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys feel about your first rounder + McKinley for Yarran and our second rounder?

I think this trade could solve problems for both teams. Would give you guys a serious injection of skill and pace, and two hits at the second round.

I dare say we'd use the first rounder on a young tall in the draft. Not as sure re: McKinley, but would be worth a punt.

Both he and Yarran might play their best footy in their home State.

Could we interest you in a straight swap........Embley for Yarran? Nikoski for Yarran? Rosa for Yarran? Lynch for Yarran?

Any of these would be nice

Mitch Duncan- Geelong
Chris Yarran- Blues
Travis Colyer- Ess
Nicky Winmar- Stk
Lewis Jetta- Swans
Todd Banfield- Lions

I find it interesting when people say we should go after players who are first or second year players. The above players have only recently been drafted and most of them have already shown plenty, why would their clubs trade them? You would have to pay over their worth I'd say.

I see your selected Prismall as a player you'd like. May I ask why? You have guys like Masten, Swift, Stevens, Priddis, Ebert etc - a heap of young quality mids, what worth would Prismall, who has shown very little at Essendon, offer you?

Id feel like slitting my wrists.

Effectively your asking us to trade Yarran for pick 4 or Bennell which is well ridiculous at best.

No we're not. From all reports Bennell is unlikely to last to pick 4.
Nevertheless, the proposed trade is too unfair on the eagles.

What about that ninyette from claremont he kicks bags nearly every week is fast, good skills someone we could use in our forward line. Hes pretty skinny but im sure with a preaseason in the gym he would be ok. Maybe we could get him for our 3rd round pick

Guys seem to keep pinning their hopes on a single player in the draft in the hope he may turn around the club's woes. Sadly a single player won't do jack shit for at least a few years in the system and really we have no choice but to work with the crap we have - sadly.

Worsfold is going to see out his contract and with the in coming CEO Cransberg stating he will see it out( I have known this guy for years hell he is my boss and he sticks to his guns ) so the thing we have to look forward to is a clean out of the assistants.

Get Laidley to West Coast ASAP and pay him what ever he wants, a man of his strategic abilities COULD turn us around quicker than what is apparent right now and its not some "miracle" drafting of a god gifted player to raise us up like Jesus from the depths of failure.

Oh and perhaps we scour the Sunday leagues for a goal kicker with runs on the board to be a focal point not unlike Pods, I'm sure there must be one out there and if not look in the Victorian leagues.

ladley, now failed at two clubs. lets swap a premiership coach for a two time failure.

next....

Not sure if serious.

Just trying to work out which part of the trade you're unhappy with.

Surely you wouldn't expect more than a second rounder for McKinley, so I have to assume you're not happy with the first rounder for Yarran?

Everyone knows that Yarran has sublime skill and speed, and he's started showing it this year. Getting the best intensity out of him seems to be the biggest challenge, and I can't help but feel he'd improve massively if he was back home.
So West Coast get a proven quality player and WA boy with two years of development under his belt, in exchange for pick 4 or 5 in a draft that has already had the eyes picked from it by the GC.

I know everyone values their players/picks highly, but I think the trade seems quite reasonable.

inb4: "LOL Yarran is a spud." Anyone in WA who is switched on regarding footy knows what Yarran could easily become.

Everyone knows that Yarran has sublime skill and speed, and he's started showing it this year. Getting the best intensity out of him seems to be the biggest challenge, and I can't help but feel he'd improve massively if he was back home.
So West Coast get a proven quality player and WA boy with two years of development under his belt, in exchange for pick 4 or 5 in a draft that has already had the eyes picked from it by the GC.

I think the opposite completely

Surely you wouldn't expect more than a second rounder for McKinley, so I have to assume you're not happy with the first rounder for Yarran?

I know everyone values their players/picks highly, but I think the trade seems quite reasonable.

inb4: "LOL Yarran is a spud." Anyone in WA who is switched on regarding footy knows what Yarran could easily become.

Yarran really has only shown glimpses of what he could be, he certainly hasn't been as impressive as say Rich or Martin.

So the issue basically is:

Is Yarran worth more now than when he was drafted at pick 6?

I suppose he has had a couple of preseasons and isn't injured but there are players who went later than him who are if not better are on an equal footing.

Also the Eagles rarely trade their first round pick. Last time was for Stenglein and Chick.

Hence the offer of Mitch Brown (pick 16) and McKinely (pick 29).

Both have shown promise without dominating, similar in form to Yarran. Both Victorian and can play forward, Brown is a KP CHF or CHB, exactly what Carlton need and McKinely is the 'sweetener' to balance the deal.

The only way for Yarran to be traded to the Eagles is if he wanted to, which basically means two out of the three parties are on the same side and the Blues get what they can .................. not what they want!:D:thumbsu:

inb4: "LOL Yarran is a spud." Anyone in WA who is switched on regarding footy knows what Yarran could easily become. Today 13:59

There is a query on both of their work ethics, neither work hard enough without the ball, Yarran showed that as a 18 year old playing for Swan, I will never forget watching him in a Grand Final agianst Subi. I f you cant work hard to win a flag after getting there, you never will...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way for Yarran to be traded to the Eagles is if he wanted to, which basically means two out of the three parties are on the same side and the Blues get what they can .................. not what they want!:D:thumbsu:

yarran is loving the blues. you'd have to give up more than a 1st rounder for him. in his first real season at it he has been great (at only 19 yo). sublime.

garlett is a true blue and we love him. a first rounder might be ballpark, but we still wouldn't take that.

your best bet is to just keep drafting kids deep into the draft. forget about trading for players, only picks.

Browne for McKinley? Ex West Perth small defender. Was in great form last year but hasn't seemed to recapture it this year.

Hang on, I don't even know what McKinley's contract status is :confused:

Not sure the dogs would go for that Snooper :p

ladley, now failed at two clubs. lets swap a premiership coach for a two time failure.

next....

You've got to be kidding about Laidley. He's 2nd in charge so you give Laidley part blame. We are going woeful, so does this mean that Scott Burns is a failure?

2nd in charge is accountable for squat, so laidley has nothing to answer for there. At North he got good success with what was at his disposal.

You've got to be kidding about Laidley. He's 2nd in charge so you give Laidley part blame . We are going woeful, so does this mean that Scott Burns is a failure?

2nd in charge is accountable for squat, so laidley has nothing to answer for there. At North he got good success with what was at his disposal.

From all reports Laidley is the match day coach - as Longmire has been for Sydney.

He's not your regular assistant.

We Should target Chance Bateman , wanted to come home five years ago neither WCE or Freo were keen at the time ... I think now for Chance to finish his career at West Coast or Freo would be a good thing plus it gets your arm around his Dowerin - York mate Buddy , gives you a chance at Buddy ( dreaming :rolleyes: ) to finish his career at West Coast .

No Chance eh :(

Heard listening to PR radio that Laidley has spoken with WCE last week again and is keen to come to West Coast , I would imagine as an Assistant next year !

From all reports Laidley is the match day coach - as Longmire has been for Sydney.

He's not your regular assistant.

It's a different situation. Longmire is about to take over at Sydney, so common sence should have him taking as much control as possible.

I'd be suprised if Laidley had a huge say on match day. He may put ideas forward, but ultimatly the buck stopped with Williams.

You've got to be kidding about Laidley. He's 2nd in charge so you give Laidley part blame. We are going woeful, so does this mean that Scott Burns is a failure?

match day coach watched closely at first hand by port who dont want him

he left Noth in a bad way - he failed - and could not handle the pressure. he would be under more pressure at WC.

yarran is loving the blues. you'd have to give up more than a 1st rounder for him. in his first real season at it he has been great (at only 19 yo). sublime.

garlett is a true blue and we love him. a first rounder might be ballpark, but we still wouldn't take that.

your best bet is to just keep drafting kids deep into the draft. forget about trading for players, only picks.

Good we dont want yarren. lazy. The worls is full of lazy skillful players.
garlett and co will not win you a GF - see the dogs. Down hill skiers all.

Eddie is good but old so no trade.

match day coach watched closely at first hand by port who dont want him

he left Noth in a bad way - he failed - and could not handle the pressure. he would be under more pressure at WC.

So that's why Laidley came out and said he wasn't interested in the gig? So he could get in before Port could say they didn't want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back