Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Darling ill post a picture of me licking my uncleaned toilet bowl, dreamland stuff really
lol I would like to see that :D
If you are going to be only 190cm as a FF then you need something else going for you - pace, good leap and mark. Not sure WC would go for him as their 1st selection but he certainly offers more than McKinley.
Not sure how they will get their hands on him - perhaps offer McKinley, Rosa and Spangher to GC for a pick 11 and hope he's still there at that time.
Jack reiwoldt was only 191cm when he was drafted, He has had a 3cm growth since then.
Jack Darling was 190cm at the start of the under 18s, by the end of the year he may be 192/193 if he has a growth spurt and by then end of next year he will be a comfortable 194/195 cm and 94-97 kgs a very good size and weight for a Key forward.
If we dont take him and he is still available when our first pick comes, I will never post on this board ever again. Thats how confident we will take him if he's available. :cool:
Good we dont want yarren. lazy. The worls is full of lazy skillful players.
garlett and co will not win you a GF - see the dogs. Down hill skiers all.

Eddie is good but old so no trade.
Eddie is 23, and would be awesome in our forward line. However Carltank would want way too much for him as they always over value their players.
The thread is to long to read all the way through but what would you guys want for luke shuey?
Nothing you have.
Nothing anybody has, well maybe Franklin, Rich and Varcoe may get the deal done.:p
Myers for Shuey sound fair?
NO flipping WAY
Thats why i said i know essendon is using zaka to get into shueys ear because he is one of best mates and he went out with his late sister.

Is Shuey out of contract or did he sign on at some point during his two years?
There Mates not Best mates.
More friends due to Zaka's relasionship with the late Mel and because they played together at Vic metro.
Xavier Gotch is 1 of his best mates and there is some talk about getting him with 1 of our last picks if he's still available as a mature age player.
:cool:

Other the other subject Mitch Brown wont be traded.
Wilkes and Spangher are likely to go at seasons end and with JoJo still developing as a Med Def/Wingman and with Shep as a med Def/Wingman were likely to see B.Jones go and maybe 1 other from defence.

We will be left with Schoey, Emac, Glass and Brown as our KPD.
We will draft a developing KPD with 1 of our later picks.
Our first Pick will be a KPF thou (darling) or Day depends on who GC take.
We will take a Speedy wingman/ outside mide with our second pick.
Then a KPD with 3rd
and some older more developed players with the last few.

Our best hope is that we take Darling at pick 4, (get another 1st rounder during trade time) and Blayne Wilson with that pick.
With our 3rd pick (2nd round) Jayden Pitt (sick) fast outside mid that have beautiful kicks and smarts. Alot like Stephen Hill from Freo.
Shaun Atley if still around could be another fine outside mid who can play inside and off the HBF. Also has a good turn of speed and a fine kick.
The older players will start getting drafted around now.:thumbsu:

We need to drop/trade at least 3 players off our list as per AFL rules so the elder statesman should be worried.
I dont think we will trade for players but we will for picks or pick upgrades and continue the drafting structure we set in place 3 or 4 years ago.

lol I would like to see that :D

Jack reiwoldt was only 191cm when he was drafted, He has had a 3cm growth since then.
Jack Darling was 190cm at the start of the under 18s, by the end of the year he may be 192/193 if he has a growth spurt and by then end of next year he will be a comfortable 194/195 cm and 94-97 kgs a very good size and weight for a Key forward.
If we dont take him and he is still available when our first pick comes, I will never post on this board ever again. Thats how confident we will take him if he's available. :cool:

Eddie is 23, and would be awesome in our forward line. However Carltank would want way too much for him as they always over value their players.

Nothing you have.
Nothing anybody has, well maybe Franklin, Rich and Varcoe may get the deal done.:p

NO flipping WAY

There Mates not Best mates.
More friends due to Zaka's relasionship with the late Mel and because they played together at Vic metro.
Xavier Gotch is 1 of his best mates and there is some talk about getting him with 1 of our last picks if he's still available as a mature age player.
:cool:

Other the other subject Mitch Brown wont be traded.
Wilkes and Spangher are likely to go at seasons end and with JoJo still developing as a Med Def/Wingman and with Shep as a med Def/Wingman were likely to see B.Jones go and maybe 1 other from defence.

We will be left with Schoey, Emac, Glass and Brown as our KPD.
We will draft a developing KPD with 1 of our later picks.
Our first Pick will be a KPF thou (darling) or Day depends on who GC take.
We will take a Speedy wingman/ outside mide with our second pick.
Then a KPD with 3rd
and some older more developed players with the last few.

Our best hope is that we take Darling at pick 4, (get another 1st rounder during trade time) and Blayne Wilson with that pick.
With our 3rd pick (2nd round) Jayden Pitt (sick) fast outside mid that have beautiful kicks and smarts. Alot like Stephen Hill from Freo.
Shaun Atley if still around could be another fine outside mid who can play inside and off the HBF. Also has a good turn of speed and a fine kick.
The older players will start getting drafted around now.:thumbsu:

We need to drop/trade at least 3 players off our list as per AFL rules so the elder statesman should be worried.
I dont think we will trade for players but we will for picks or pick upgrades and continue the drafting structure we set in place 3 or 4 years ago.

AFAIK darling was 190cm at last years champs as well. If he's the same height in over ayears worth of time from that age its unlikely he'll grow more.

I got a feeling we will take Darling at 4.

Especially given our inability to lock down anybody at FF this year and the only future hope being Notte who still has big question marks on his ability to make it.

I am fairly confident that a lot of people will be bookmarking this and then praying to whatever god they believe in, sacrificing virgins, the lot, hoping this comes true!:eek::D

Forget about the the likes of Pitt, Wilson and Atley for a second the round. No way is the draft that deep. Our second round pick won't be till round 27.

In the end you must accept that Darling will have faster, taller and more athletic backmen right on his tale every minute of every game at the elite level.

What happens if Darling then doesn't provide a realistic FF option do we pursue another KPF? :confused:

Im not totally against drafting him, but hopefully we attempt to stengthen our position in this draft at the trade table so we can get a healthy mix of players.

I have realistic expectations of his output at AFL level.

Gorringe looks like the second best tall in this years draft ahead of Darling.

Myers for Shuey sound fair?
Hi Nick,
Personally I think Shuey will be a very good player for us.I have not heard much about Myers progress but it seems he is struggling to get a regular game with you guys.Once fit Shuey will be exactly what we require in the middle.

I got a feeling we will take Darling at 4.

Especially given our inability to lock down anybody at FF this year and the only future hope being Notte who still has big question marks on his ability to make it.

190cm doesn't faze me one bit.

Can he kick straight?

Can he kick properly?

Is he smart?

Can he mark?

If yes to these questions we get him.

I like how someone wrote that Darling was also selling himself as a midfielder! Could end up a Ryan O'Keefe size HFFer who can play mid as well which isn't a bad fallback position is it?;)

Forget about the the likes of Pitt, Wilson and Atley for a second the round. No way is the draft that deep. Our second round pick won't be till round 27.

In the end you must accept that Darling will have faster, taller and more athletic backmen right on his tale every minute of every game at the elite level.

What happens if Darling then doesn't provide a realistic FF option do we pursue another KPF? :confused:

Im not totally against drafting him, but hopefully we attempt to stengthen our position in this draft at the trade table so we can get a healthy mix of players.

I have realistic expectations of his output at AFL level.

Gorringe looks like the second best tall in this years draft ahead of Darling.

He looks like a very very good prospect. Maybe we could groom him as a FF ala Tippet?

Back page of the west today. Says gc are attempting to secure bennel and get
him to move over there asap. Apparently deal
should be done by Friday

Should tell GC to go get stuffed , Guy is like a kid in a Candy store :eek:
He was quoted last week as saying he wants to go to the Gold Coast, and would love to be pick 1

He was quoted last week as saying he wants to go to the Gold Coast, and would love to be pick 1

Fair enough , but GC want everything with honey on top !

Taking Bennell early and get him in the team environment early is unfair on the other 16 teams I would have thought . GC have told him they will draft him and want him away from possible injury in WAFL etc .. definate advantage to a team , in 2012 can the team with the No 1 pick do the same in September / October ... NO .

Fair enough , but GC want everything with honey on top !

Taking Bennell early and get him in the team environment early is unfair on the other 16 teams I would have thought . GC have told him they will draft him and want him away from possible injury in WAFL etc .. definate advantage to a team , in 2012 can the team with the No 1 pick do the same in September / October ... NO .

They've already done that with Swallow as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an AFL regulation that first year draftees dont commence pre season training till the new year ... hence a ten week pre season , sounds like that ruling has been discarded for GC !

GC midfield looks twice ours right now

Ablett / Swallow / Bennell / Harris , plus it could be better at seasons end in the draft :eek:

He looks like a very very good prospect. Maybe we could groom him as a FF ala Tippet?

At 198cm he's just short of a genuine ruck at the moment.

Im very intrested in playing 1.5 ruckmen into the future rather than our current setup of having two rucks. A Gorringe/ Naitanui combination could be a potent combination going forward, both are very mobile and on can kick goals.

It's important to note that Gorringe kicked more goals in the Champs than Darling and Day and his potential is second only to Day.

Darling would need to dominate the WAFL for him to be worthy of a top four pick and i can't see him doing that.

Im personally hoping that Scott Clayton makes a move to sure up thier midfield stocks and overlooks Day, but thats a long shot.

"There's no doubt clubs will be a lot more specific in what they're looking for. I think, even with the early choices, clubs will be snapping players up as soon as possible, not taking the punt and thinking 'I could get this kid later on','' he said.

"Those days are gone. In previous years, you might look at a kid and think you could get him at 60 or 70, but this is not the year to do that.

''If a club wants a player, they'll be banking him with their first pick, because he won't be there at their second."

Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine agreed, expecting second-round draft choices to be far less valuable on the trade table than they have been, and predicting the newly introduced rule allowing clubs to count an upgraded rookie as one of their mandatory three draft selections would be utilised by some clubs.

"I distinctly get the feeling clubs will just be taking the three picks. I'm hearing some clubs are only taking two, which is a shame for the kids, but that's the sort of thing clubs will be considering. If you're not confident in the depth of the pool, are you willing to commit to a group of players for two years?" he said.

"Clubs will use different strategies, but I do think needs will play a bigger part. Say you need a tall player, and you're picking at around 18 or 19. In the past you might say, we'll take a midfielder first, because we're confident the tall we want will fall to our next pick.

"This year you'd definitely be taking the taller player, because your next pick won't be until the late 30s, and the likelihood of that player being there is not that great."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ove-tricky-for-picky-clubs-20100703-zv0w.html

If this happens i wouldn't be against going 4 rounds if we can't get a serious trade for a pick done.

Fevola and Judd not happy with current situation ... we wouldn't would we ;) Juddy had enough of no protection , struggling team , Etihad ... he loved Subi too :mad:

The 2010 NAB AFL All-Australian team is as follows:

Defenders: Ben Jacobs (VM), Matt Watson(VM), Dyson Heppell (VC), Shaun Atley (VC), Patrick McCarthy (SA), Brodie Smith (SA)
Midfield: Jared Polec (SA), Daniel Gorringe (SA), Andrew Gaff (VM), Mitch Hallahan (VC), Anthony Miles (NSW/ACT), Tom Liberatore (VM)
Forwards: Harley Bennel (WA), Lucas Cook (VC), Adam Treloar (VC), Jayden Pitt (VC), Steven May (NT), Josh Caddy (VM)
Interchange: Sam Day (SA), Josh Bruce (NSW/ACT), Josh Green (Tas), Sam Darley (TAS)

Here is the all australian side for this year, historically the first 5 picks at least since 2006 have usually come from the all australian selections for that carnival year. Not factoring in injuries...

We know bennel and swallow are going to the gold coast and we can assume day will be there third pick. So who left over will we take? assuming we have pick 4. I think liberatore is a father son for another team and josh bruce is signed with ws, so that also rules them out.

The 2010 NAB AFL All-Australian team is as follows:

Defenders: Ben Jacobs (VM), Matt Watson(VM), Dyson Heppell (VC), Shaun Atley (VC), Patrick McCarthy (SA), Brodie Smith (SA)
Midfield: Jared Polec (SA), Daniel Gorringe (SA), Andrew Gaff (VM), Mitch Hallahan (VC), Anthony Miles (NSW/ACT), Tom Liberatore (VM)
Forwards: Harley Bennel (WA), Lucas Cook (VC), Adam Treloar (VC), Jayden Pitt (VC), Steven May (NT), Josh Caddy (VM)
Interchange: Sam Day (SA), Josh Bruce (NSW/ACT), Josh Green (Tas), Sam Darley (TAS)

Here is the all australian side for this year, historically the first 5 picks at least since 2006 have usually come from the all australian selections for that carnival year. Not factoring in injuries...

We know bennel and swallow are going to the gold coast and we can assume day will be there third pick. So who left over will we take? assuming we have pick 4. I think liberatore is a father son for another team and josh bruce is signed with ws, so that also rules them out.

One of those five.

Perhaps Green might slip into the second round due to his height. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back