Who stays: Nicks, Hamish, Kelly, Roo

Who should still be in their job at the club next year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WeeBlake

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nicks has us playing terribly and has failed to develop our youth

Hamish has filled our list with B graders

Kelly is supposed to be running football department which is failing terribly

Roo is supposed to be picking the right people for these jobs.

Which of them deserves to stay in their job at the club next year?

I'm sure the club was dragged kicking and screaming to do that external review. But who reviews the progress? Anyone external actually come back to look at it and see how its tracking?

Nicks is whatever, replace him sure, but you've got to have the people choosing them right, and then the right system for them to come into so lets look at everyone else.

Guys like Kelly, Reid, Hamish, whoever, we go out and find "the best willing and available" but then it's jobs for life? How often do we go back to the market, you know 2 years, 3 years later to see if we could improve?

Team Challenge GIF by CBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimately it's Roo's fault though right?

He's the footy director. He sets the culture, he picks the people, makes the key decisions. Things aligned to reach the GF in 2017 but it's been pretty shocking since and Roo should be held accountable, but he won't be.

Rowey is right. They'll say the right stuff they need to say at the end of the year. They'll say they'll have an internal review to find the problem.

And all that'll come out of that is a couple of guys like Hombsch, Godden or Baulderstone getting fired and the rest will keep the good times rolling for themselves.

I’d be ecstatic if they all went. But if I had to pick one … weirdly, Nicks.

Already contracted so expensive to replace now. Early stages of rebuild it’s more about scouting/recruiting anyway. Needs time be told in no uncertain terms to play the kids - as while-club policy.

Tell him he’s out in 2 years and he can do the club thing, be the one to tell 40% of our list they’re no longer required.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nicks has us playing terribly and has failed to develop our youth

Hamish has filled our list with B graders

Kelly is supposed to be running football department which is failing terribly

Roo is supposed to be picking the right people for these jobs.

Which of them deserves to stay in their job at the club next year?

Best Friends Workaholics GIF by BuzzFeed

I’d be ecstatic if they all went. But if I had to pick one … weirdly, Nicks.

Already contracted so expensive to replace now. Early stages of rebuild it’s more about scouting/recruiting anyway. Needs time be told in no uncertain terms to play the kids - as while-club policy.

Tell him he’s out in 2 years and he can do the club thing, be the one to tell 40% of our list they’re no longer required.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nicks being a lightning rod to absorb negative energy while we run a broom through the list is about the only useful thing he could do for us. I'd still prefer it was a new coach doing it though.

What we need is another Messiah!! At least when Blighty came he came with a broom and got rid of some "big names" who many fans thought would be hanging around. He took a young team of basically nobodies and moulded them. The problem with this type of coach is, that like many people brought in to sort out businesses, their terms tend to be short due to burn-out and the daggers that get put in their backs. Maybe someone like him in the place until the end of the year watching, listening and then making hard calls at end of year about players, coaches, recruiting and the like would be a good idea given it appears that nothing will change at least until then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who stays: Nicks, Hamish, Kelly, Roo

Back