Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday it was about flags, today it's winning finals, the High SpArr0w doesn't know what he's doing from day to day lol 😅 😆 🙃 😉 😜
It is ALWAYS about winning flags corny - in Essendon's case though it is about winning 'a' final.

im so happy for you and all your Carlton mates winning all those finals in the last 20 years e.. really raced ahead in the premierships tally 👏 👏 👏

Just like Aarow, looks like youre stuck in the past counting days. #RentFree#rentfree
Bombers would be sitting on top of the tree with 17 if not for the biggest choke in finals history. Pies should be thanking us

It is ALWAYS about winning flags corny - in Essendon's case though it is about winning 'a' final.
Mediocre clubs like Carlton and its supporter base cheers on mediocre results like a first week finals win.

I dunno about you but i remember winning the last match of the season not some game in first week of finals. OF course you need to win that first week of finals but as the saying goes, if you ain’t first, your last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies are in the old news spot, they won last year and the media move on a bit.

To be sitting 4th, and if they just kick straight twice would be second (bit simplistic ) , with their injury list is pretty awesome.

Players coming back and well positioned to go back to back.

Carlton and Sydney both flavour of the month, but Pies in a good spot here imo.

If they did play a final Blues and Pies week one would be massive for the comp .
Rubbish - the media are all over The Dirty Birds, always have and always will be.

They are simply fostering other click bait opportunities with others until the next story comes along.

The hysteria around their 1 point “win” over the lowly Kanga’s a case in point.

The fact is The Dirty Birds have been average so far this year. There’s not much positive to say.

And up until last year, for Carlton it was all about 'qualifying for a final'.

How was the emotion and tears of joy from the Carlton supporters and players last year when they'd finally secured their place in the 2023 finals series?

It was rather cute.

And up until last year, for Carlton it was all about 'qualifying for a final'.

How was the emotion and tears of joy from the Carlton supporters and players last year when they'd finally secured their place in the 2023 finals series?

It was rather cute.

Is that your way of saying FMD Carlton did well last year and will probably do even better this year?

Nope equal on 16 Premierships with Carlton & Essendon & took your mob 28YRS to catch up.

As for most Grand Finals, lost an all time record 27 Grand Finals!

Talk about imagining 😂😂😂
Agree flags are the ultimate measure but Carlton supporters problem is you have to play with other measures to stay in the discussion.

For younger Carlon supporters, and here i am thinking the 50 year olds and younger, its pretty well a straight out conclusion. It has sucked to follow the Blues. It was an unfortunate choice. The 5 spoons in 20 something years. Something akin to the last couple of decades of Fitzroy or South before their demise except those 2 were not as proficient at picking up spoons even in their death throes. Supporting an irrelevent club has demoralised the under 50 baggars.

For the older types they have something to lean back on. Like an old couch with pointy springs sticking into your bum its become less and less comfortable. The wasted decades of support have left most old baggar mates of mine shells of their once arrogant selves.

Face it, even a Pie like me , born in 1960, wouldnt dream of swapping the ride Pie supporters have had compared to the Blues over my lifetime. For a lot of time i was envious of your ride but thats long gone.

Equal on flags yes but give me contention and relevency over becoming hang dogs anyday. Perhaps the most beautiful thing has been the combined overflowing joy of Carlton becoming a Fitzroy/ South imitation while we remain the biggest team in the land. I love the karma bus

Agree flags are the ultimate measure but Carlton supporters problem is you have to play with other measures to stay in the discussion.

For younger Carlon supporters, and here i am thinking the 50 year olds and younger, its pretty well a straight out conclusion. It has sucked to follow the Blues. It was an unfortunate choice. The 5 spoons in 20 something years. Something akin to the last couple of decades of Fitzroy or South before their demise except those 2 were not as proficient at picking up spoons even in their death throes. Supporting an irrelevent club has demoralised the under 50 baggars.

For the older types they have something to lean back on. Like an old couch with pointy springs sticking into your bum its become less and less comfortable. The wasted decades of support have left most old baggar mates of mine shells of their once arrogant selves.

Face it, even a Pie like me , born in 1960, wouldnt dream of swapping the ride Pie supporters have had compared to the Blues over my lifetime. For a lot of time i was envious of your ride but thats long gone.

Equal on flags yes but give me contention and relevency over becoming hang dogs anyday. Perhaps the most beautiful thing has been the combined overflowing joy of Carlton becoming a Fitzroy/ South imitation while we remain the biggest team in the land. I love the karma bus
Moderators should know better - this is the 2024 thread. Feel free to bring up the past in threads that were doing the rounds in 2004 or thereabouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back