Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the good old days - between 1897 and the present day, when our team plays in more than one third of all Grand Finals contested.

My abacus tells me that's a lot of games of football won...
I'm happy for you mate at least you have something to reminisce about.

Just the live rubbers 👍
Reckon our team is tracking pretty well this year despite:
  • with Brisbane, having the shortest pre-season in the history of the competition;
  • horrid run of injuries;
  • incredibly tough draw;
  • being on the wrong side of many a dubious umpiring decision.

Thoughts?

• with Brisbane, having the shortest pre-season in the history of the competition;
  • incredibly tough draw;

Thoughts?
Nice try but I'm due for my afternoon nap.

A very silly post considering that no television footage exists of your clubs 1920 and 1930's heyday. It's just been the odd flag here and there for Collingwood since then, with a plethora of grand final defeats in between.
Meh, who cares.

We're still top of the heap.

• incredibly tough draw;

Thoughts?
Possibly the bravest season in VFL/AFL history, any club 😆

At some point the league became professional full-time, I'm running with 1990 when the name changed as the birth of the professional era, close enough

Therefore, professional era (post-Fonz) GF conversion rates:

Pies 43%
Blues 33% 💩
Sorry cobbers but you can't cherry pick timelines.

It's the whole course of the competition or it's nothing, it's alright, we're still top of the heap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the good old days - between 1897 and the present day, when our team plays in more than one third of all Grand Finals contested.

My abacus tells me that's a lot of games of football won...

Collingwood supporters are now celebrating their Grand Final losses. 😂

Collingwood supporters are now celebrating their Grand Final losses. 😂
Not sure if you know how finals work but you have to win a lot of games to make all those GFs

Doesn't take much effort to duck the best teams and go out in straight sets Blues-style eg 1975, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1994... [2024?]

Carlton the Straight Sets Kings 🤴👍

Not sure if you know how finals work but you have to win a lot of games to make all those GFs

Doesn't take much effort to duck the best teams and go out in straight sets Blues-style eg 1975, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1994... [2024?]

Carlton the Straight Sets Kings 🤴👍
Jeepers, I hadn't realised that.

Is there another team in the competition with more straight sets exits than Carlton?

Jeepers, I hadn't realised that.

Is there another team in the competition with more straight sets exits than Carlton?
I doubt it, and definitely not in that time frame

Also throw in a hell of a lot of elimination final losses, plus the 1977 and 2022 ladder debacles, and you wonder how they could ever call anyone else "chokers" 🤣

Meh, who cares.

We're still top of the heap.
You most certainly aren't top of any heap mate!:laughv1: Unless you're talking about the heap of grand final defeats that is?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back