Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year Port were 2nd on the ladder, Melb 4th, GWS 14th and Carlton 15th, how did that all end up?
These Carlton posters have short memories.

They're offended that I don't yet consider Carlton a contender, but when I asked them who the 2023 contenders were, I was given a list of 5 teams, with Port Adelaide excluded...

They're offended that I don't yet consider Carlton a contender, but when I asked them who the 2023 contenders were, I was given a list of 5 teams, with Port Adelaide excluded...
Yes it's all about form not ladder

They never mentioned the ladder last year, instead it was 5 wins in a row, 6, 7, up to 11 was it? With zero mention of their overall record

Nah, fox footy experts have Carlton as a contender. I will run with that, not some phantom alias on the internet

Yes it's all about form not ladder

They never mentioned the ladder last year, instead it was 5 wins in a row, 6, 7, up to 11 was it? With zero mention of their overall record
Indeed.

How many times have you seen them post 'most wins since round X 2023', forgetting that Collingwood has actually won a premiership during that time...

How can anyone be offended by someone that is so clearly bias and has not ability to be in any way objective about the team they talk about. Seems odd to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see we have a precedent from nearly 50years ago to fall back on. The game has barely changed since then. Maybe the Pies should start lighting up at half time like players from the mid seventies
You mean that was an "amateur" period? I agree, professional era began in 1990 👍 records from then on are more relevant

You mean that was an "amateur" period? I agree, professional era began in 1990 👍 records from then on are more relevant
A bit unfair to include years before we were truly a National Competition without teams from SA. 16 team comp started in 95. If we are basing it on 14 team competition that would be 87.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back