Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which set of tears were they?

When they imploded to miss finals in 2022?

Or...

When they achieved the unthinkable and qualified for finals in 2023?
Interesting how Collingwood fans want to talk about past years and not this year

Why is that 🤔

Yeah good try!

walter white GIF

worst twitter account in the world, all he does is complain about all umpiring so probably a Blues supporter. Maynard got subbed off injured btw...
Oh the irony. Anyway yes "outbreezyWC" with the West Coast eagle as their profile picture is probably a Carlton supporter...

FWIW I think the Blues can win a flag even with their current small forwards. But I know you guys were still licking your lips at a Stengle-type acquisition. If you go to K-Mart you can pick up a Hayward.
Definitely would've loved Stengle in navy blue. I do think our current crop has potential, but would prefer that we pick up one that is ready to go now and show the young guys how it's done. Maybe Fantasia can be that if he recaptures his best or Jack Martin if he can get on the park. Plenty to play out between now and when we need to make list management calls though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still reminiscing about previous years I see. Have you got any content relevant to 2024 ?
Go back a few pages and you'll find Corn Cobbers and I tried that, but your Carlton friends weren't having a bar of it...
See, the thing about 2024 is that Carlton are having their best home and away season in more than two decades, whilst Collingwood are having about their 12th best season over the same time period.

Yet, Carlton are still miles behind the best team in the competition (Sydney), and will inevitably run into Collingwood at some stage of the finals series, which will likely determine who will be the better club this year.

It must be frustrating for Blues supporters who have waited more than two decades and approximately 40 single figure draft picks to get to this position, yet here Collingwood are again just doing what they have done for the majority of the 128 year history of the competition - positioning themselves to contend for a premiership.

Last edited:
Definitely would've loved Stengle in navy blue. I do think our current crop has potential, but would prefer that we pick up one that is ready to go now and show the young guys how it's done. Maybe Fantasia can be that if he recaptures his best or Jack Martin if he can get on the park. Plenty to play out between now and when we need to make list management calls though.
Absolutely. Also there is still the Richmond model where you can get by through having two elite key forwards and a bunch of useful role players who pressure like crazy around them in the forward half. Which especially works if your defensive half is rock solid and capable of sling shots that overwhelm opposition.

I remain bullish on the Blues. I know I'll be most hated from Blues supporters nonetheless, but I should be able to cope. ;)

Also once you take the salary required to sign him we were never really a viable option. Per Mitch Cleary Saints offered more than 4.5 million over 6 years and lost out. That's close to 800K per year if true - crazy numbers

See, the thing about 2024 is that Carlton are having their best home and away season in more than two decades, whilst Collingwood are having about their 12th best season over the same time period.

Yet, Carlton are still miles behind the best team in the competition (Sydney), and will inevitably run into Collingwood at some stage of the finals series, which will likely determine who will be the better club this year.

It must be frustrating for Blues supporters who have waited more than two decades and approximately 40 single figure draft picks to get to this position, yet here Collingwood are again just doing what they have done for the majority of the 128 year history of the competition - positioning themselves to contend for a premiership.
I think you are forgetting that the AFL banned us from the draft for a few years. I don't think 40 is even close to the mark to be honest. More like 15. Collingwood give their 1st round selections away like throwing confetti at a wedding.

Like Carlton beating Collingwood in GFs? Carlton winning the GF and overtaking Collingwood again would be the ultimate flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back