Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the thing about 2024 is that Carlton are having their best home and away season in more than two decades, whilst Collingwood are having about their 12th best season over the same time period.

Yet, Carlton are still miles behind the best team in the competition (Sydney), and will inevitably run into Collingwood at some stage of the finals series, which will likely determine who will be the better club this year.

It must be frustrating for Blues supporters who have waited more than two decades and approximately 40 single figure draft picks to get to this position, yet here Collingwood are again just doing what they have done for the majority of the 128 year history of the competition - positioning themselves to contend for a premiership.
Cute

Took 4 decades to equal our flag tally and 3 flags in 6 odd decades

When we finish higher than you this year, it's actually 2 each over the last 4 years

Must be frustrating for the Pies to be the perennial participant

Boy oh boy wowee

Careful... the Carlton supporters don't like anyone talking about the past, and that's about as far back into ancient times as you can possibly go...
It's been a long time between drinks, wouldn't mind seeing their younger (heck anyone below my age really) see some success.

It's been a long time between drinks, wouldn't mind seeing their younger (heck anyone below my age really) see some success.
Yep, fully agree. Despite the salty and delusional Carlton supporters on this forum, I have a number of long suffering Carlton supporting friends who are long overdue to see some success from their team.

Complains about people not focussing on 2024 and instead continuing to bring up the past, by bringing up the past in response to a post about 2024.

What a hypocrite.
Has been pretty frustrating winning only 2 flags in the past 13 years, perennial participants 😟

So... still 2 points out of 3rd spot, could have been a lot worse, fate is in our own hands

Yep, fully agree. Despite the salty and delusional Carlton supporters on this forum, I have a number of long suffering Carlton supporting friends who are long overdue to see some success from their team.
That's very magnanimous of you.

Feel the same way about Freo. I actually hope they do win one soonish...sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, the thing about 2024 is that Carlton are having their best home and away season in more than two decades, whilst Collingwood are having about their 12th best season over the same time period.

Yet, Carlton are still miles behind the best team in the competition (Sydney), and will inevitably run into Collingwood at some stage of the finals series, which will likely determine who will be the better club this year.

It must be frustrating for Blues supporters who have waited more than two decades and approximately 40 single figure draft picks to get to this position, yet here Collingwood are again just doing what they have done for the majority of the 128 year history of the competition - positioning themselves to contend for a premiership.
Mate is positioning yourselves mean heading south on the ladder in Pie language?

Has been pretty frustrating winning only 2 flags in the past 13 years, perennial participants 😟

So... still 2 points out of 3rd spot, could have been a lot worse, fate is in our own hands
Indeed.

Perennial participants (except when we win the flag).

And yet we saw tears from Carlton supporters in 2023 when they qualified for finals for the first time in a decade (despite not eventually 'participating' - aka contending).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back