Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any team that expects to carry Fogarty, Hollands. Hollands, Owies, Fantasia, Cincotta, Cottrell, Boyd, Kemp, Cowan and Wiilliams into September and expect to win a Premiership is dreaming. Not one of them will stand the heat of finals football. And we all know what happens to Curnow. The Blue Shakes are coming.

Any team that expects to carry Fogarty, Hollands. Hollands, Owies, Fantasia, Cincotta, Cottrell, Boyd, Kemp, Cowan and Wiilliams into September and expect to win a Premiership is dreaming. Not one of them will stand the heat of finals football. And we all know what happens to Curnow. The Blue Shakes are coming.
Frampton, Cox, McCreery, Ginnivan, Hoskin-Elliot, Mitchell, Markov, Lipinski.

Keep living in ur delusion though

Happy Birthday GIF

Tonight was fun!!
Much better than last night I bet :)

Y’all were nowhere to be seen?

That one was always a potential banana skin for us i think.

This was a team that should've been in the grand final last year after all!

We"re still in a good place here overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering has had a corky since the Sydney game and got banged up again 1st quarter . Not sure there were any other options
It's always going to be a risk with the defensive system we play with which is based off one true key position defender (Weitering) and two intercepting types (Gov/Kemp). Considering this is the first time we have given up 75+ points in our last 6 games I think the positives outweigh the negatives

Dead rubbers are played when not against rivals competing for similar spots on the ladder. This was a choke no matter which way you try to polish this one Walshy

A choke? GWS are a top 8 team who had to find form. It’s a loss that every team has at some point during the year.

Sydney lost at home last week to Freo, another top 8/top 4 contender.

We played awful and it stings but it’s not the end of the world and certainly not a ‘choke’. Can’t play well every week.

I secretly love checking out this thread immediately after a Collingwood or Carlton game. It’s a guilty pleasure.

Just don’t tell anyone I said that, I will deny EVERYTHING.
Whoever thought of the Banter prefix, genius!

Hopefully both make the 8 and we get a finals edition :D

A choke? GWS are a top 8 team who had to find form. It’s a loss that every team has at some point during the year.

We played awful and it stings but it’s not the end of the world and certainly not a ‘choke’. Can’t play well every week.
Well I’m glad you cleared up that you can be 39 points up and it not classified as a choke.

Thank you

Not sure if you watched the game but you were up by 40 points and lost by 2 goals. That is an almost 9 goal turn around to a team outside the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back