Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Sydney be sitting on top of the ladder if they aren't even clutch. The top 8 is pathetic this year, no wonder our boys decided to take a break from being unstoppable.

That’s generally what happens on BF after your team salutes in the GF, the circle jerking happens because last year we were the best side.

This year we are not, nor are Carlton which was proven last night with some flaws I think other clubs will try to expose. It won’t happen every week, I expect you guys to finish strong as I’ve said all season I believe you guys make the PF, but there is a lot in your game you guys need to sharpen up if you are to take the next step.

Curnow for one, as good a player as he is, he needs to show he can perform on the big stage. But I guess all is still to see and to quote premiership superstar Jordan De Goey “the proof will be in the pudding”

Enjoy us being “ninthwood” for a week.
I think today proves that no club is bulletproof and all have flaws. After this round , all it suggests to me that any side can win it if healthy and well drilled/coached

Gonna be a tough game - both teams will be looking to respond.

We have no backline, ours is garbage when playing Lobb down there.

Ok, let's measure Dicks shall we ? Who's been here the longest ?
I've got you covered by 7 weeks my old friend thrawn
That's gives me the lead.

Dicks belonging to anyone competing for the title of most decades spent arguing about football on the internet have been used less than Anne Frank's drum kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can Sydney be sitting on top of the ladder if they aren't even clutch. The top 8 is pathetic this year, no wonder our boys decided to take a break from being unstoppable.
Salty & sweet.

Cinemas Popcorn GIF by MasterChefAU

Salty & sweet.

Cinemas Popcorn GIF by MasterChefAU

Not at all, I've long thought unfavorably about sides being in the top 8. Much better to just get out of there this year. I just didn't share that opinion until the last game of this round was underway, for no particular reason.

I've just told you probability isn't a market Fudgey. Margins are part of a market. I dont use the layperson's error when talking markets ie I don't confuse probability theory with market theory.

You could of course do some simple applied matrix math and use whatever numbers you wish to use and whatever outcomes in coming games you wish to use and come up with a faux answer which will change according to every relevant game played and its non random (but unknown) outcomes which no one could organise in a few lines of code or you can use squiggle to do same silly exercise over and over and over again- and you would still not be talking 'probability' all you would be talking is 'opinion' and 'guess' - until the games have been played and the outcome is determined - that is all there is.

eg there is no way I would have predicted Carlton to score 50 points against GWS in Q1 last night OR GWS to score ~90- points to Carlton's 15 over 2 quarters. I doubt anyone could have 'predicted' such weird things using ANY known Mathematics.
You still haven't answered my question.

Probability of Carlton missing the finals, and rationale behind it?

I'm a bit disappointed that you Collingwobblers haven't put the boot into Carlton's loss last night. I'd have to say that I was somewhat perplexed at selections, on field changes in strategy and matchups and the clear demonstration of the ability of the players Voss was testing to be beaten where it counts and that is hard ball ground ball gets.

Note, I am not referencing the inability of the defensive mix to handle the GWS FF when Weitering was absent nor am I referencing the absolute crapola game played by Curnow who I think managed to take less than 4 marks in the game - nor am I referencing the fact that TDK was absolutely smashed by the GWS ruckman for 3 quarters of the game none of these facts excuse - rather point to systemic risks needed to be addressed in preparation for an increasingly likely re-appearance in finals this year.

Surely the way GWS was able to score around 90- points to Carlton's 15 in 2 quarters of football puts confidence in opposition sides going forward?

Form a thread POV - I guess the only positive in relative performance is the likely exit of Collingwood from the top8 this week - but going forward there are a lot of 8 point games coming up - so this relative is not something I would hang my hat on.

Still, the old

tic tock
tic tock

veered against both teams this week - one team enjoying the benefits of the one game space into Top2 position - I would have thought that MC and coaches for Carlton 'learned a bit' about the capabilities of certain players under certain conditions for Carlton last night.
Why would Collingwood supporters stick the boots into Carlton supporters because their team lost?

I know you guys have been taking the opportunity to do so over the last couple of weeks, because it is unusual to see Collingwood lose games of football, let alone consecutive games.

But Carlton losing games of football is the status quo - Collingwood supporters expect nothing different, and just go about their business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back