Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's good at video editing?

I have a request for Cripps's dives in the ruck and marking contests, followed by Walsh's helicopter forward 50 entry with 2 minutes

Far too early to tell.

We've been too bust contending for and winning premierships over the last couple of seasons for too many of them to get an opportunity.

Though we have seen 9 debutants so far this year and many of them have shown they will have what it takes to make it at the level, to complement our existing young to middle aged core.
Your bottom 6 wouldnt even get a game at the Tigers or North

Score involvements rofl. Now I have heard it all. You do realise how a score involvement works. Let’s have a look at actual impact on the scoreboard not the Dusty Martin designed score involvements. How is Walsh going on average against Daics for goals and goal assists this year. He is getting smashed. Walsh is going at 0.4 a game for goals and 0.5 for assists. Pathetic. Look at his meters gained. 425m, I can’t stop laughing at that stat. Score involvements oh my.
Never seen Walsh walk a ball over the boundary to avoid any sort of contact whatsoever.

So why don't you have a crack at your Carlton friend for suggesting as much?

And... what is the probability of Carlton missing the top 8 from here, if it's not 1% to 2% (to cover agencies' margins?
They probably wont

Bulldogs after a heavy defeat this week will be a stern test, and who knows, this time next week you may be out of the 4.

God we love this game 😁
So , you either think that Geelong will do a number on the pies next week and Port Adelaide are going to smack the Suns in qld and make up a 10% deficit , on top of Carlton losing by a long way, in order for that to happen.
Did you even look at the ladder before making that comment ?

I know where Collingwood are at ATM. We have struggled to get any continuity going this season with key players missing for most the season, Miohcek now out for the season hurts us big time, we will offset this slightly with the pending return of McStay, but he may be underdone and we already have a few underdone players running around at the moment. Time is against us a little, but I do know that if the group regains the hunger then not many teams can go with Collingwood, which is what I’m hoping for in this last 7 games. Monumentum is the biggest thing in AFL and we still have time to regain some of that, and if we do it will be all down to timing it perfectly.

Whereas the Blues last night did choke, and it showed the rest of the comp your vulnerabilities. You cannot be 7 goals in front and think otherwise, hell you blokes of all people have stuck boots into Pies at various times for the exact same thing.

Carlton have been for the past month the side everyone wouldnt of wanted to come up against, but now that GWS exposed a few areas of your game it will give clubs more belief they can beat you. All final aspirants would have been watching last night closely.

To me it looks as if you tag Walsh he doesn’t like nor can really handle it, leaving it all to Cripps in the middle. TDK was monstered by Briggs who hit him hard and he didn’t really like it too much, and just heat in numbers made you guys very fumbly and unsure.

Not to mention Weitering spent 10 mins on the bench and you guys seriously looked all at sea down back.

7 weeks is a long time in football, you’ve given the comp a glimpse and you’ve lost your cushion in the top 4. Bulldogs after a heavy defeat this week will be a stern test, and who knows, this time next week you may be out of the 4.

God we love this game 😁
Few more hours and Pies will be out of the eight, who should be worried more?

So , you either think that Geelong will do a number on the pies next week and Port Adelaide are going to smack the Suns in qld and make up a 10% deficit , on top of Carlton losing by a long way, in order for that to happen.
Did you even look at the ladder before making that comment ?
Or maybe you guys could also lose to the Bulldogs by a bit.

But don’t think of all the possibilities , just the ones that suit you.

I’ve posted what I feel and you’ve just knit picked that. Never change, you blokes aren’t even up for discussing footy, it’s just a school yard dick measuring contest.

Few more hours and Pies will be out of the eight, who should be worried more?
I already posted my thoughts on Collingwood, just seems I hit a nerve by posting some actual footy talk on which I think a few teams will be looking into when playing Carlton, most teams will see Blues as more of a threat then the Pies ATM, just purely down to form and available personnel

I’ve posted what I feel and you’ve just knit picked that. Never change, you blokes aren’t even up for discussing footy, it’s just a school yard dick measuring contest.
Mate we've been copping it from Pie supporters for years, you weren't here after the last game in 2022, can't blame just Carlton supporters.

And Walsh will be forever known as the most overrated player in the history of football. The opposition want the ball in 'Where's Wally's' hands as they know it is coming straight back to them. He is the only player in the comp where the opposition encourage him to kick (if you can even call it a kick).

Why did he cop a hard tag last night then? To keep the ball in his hands? lol.

Your club board (and Carlton’s club board) are for discussing footy. The main board is a shit show, always has been. That is just how it is on the “main board” of any sports forum on the Internet though. Just one big, never ending dick measuring contest. I mean look at some of the threads just on Page 1 right now.

“Dangerfield potential GOAT”, “Daicos potential GOAT”, “Essendon can win the flag” (from the same poster who authored all those Carlton dynasty threads), yearly “Geelong too old” threads and weekly threads titled “Which team has the better youth?” (Just pick 3 random clubs out of a hat for the thread, not even the OP gives a shit at this point).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve still missed the point.

Our most important player after Cripps is …..Weitering!

Yes there it is…it was pretty clear last night.

When he’s injured he provides the biggest hole for us to fill. We have Marchbank & Young in the 2’s but nobody fills his role completely.
Weitering has missed 2 games so further proves my point

Alejandro Jodorowsky Fun GIF by Endless Poetry

And Walsh will be forever known as the most overrated player in the history of football. The opposition want the ball in 'Where's Wally's' hands as they know it is coming straight back to them. He is the only player in the comp where the opposition encourage him to kick (if you can even call it a kick).
I have seen some Carlton champions in my time (3 of them would be in the best 18 I have seen) even the current team has one champion and a few potential future champions, but Walsh would be one of the worst players (with a big reputation) to ever play the game. He just cannot hurt the opposition.
And,

Blurg bleh bleh bleh, blah blah blah blurghhhhh!

(Squibstep).

No nit picking. All 3 have to occur. It won't.

Far too early to tell.

We've been too bust contending for and winning premierships over the last couple of seasons for too many of them to get an opportunity.

Though we have seen 9 debutants so far this year and many of them have shown they will have what it takes to make it at the level, to complement our existing young to middle aged core.
Oh god… I’d that doesn’t make you go & wash yourself … nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back