Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right at this moment, Fadge has the main flag contenders as Swans, Dockers, GWS, Lions and Pies?
Incorrect, as usual.

Swans a long way ahead of everyone, and the MOST LIKELY TO CONTEND.

Other contenders to come from Fremantle, GWS, Brisbane and Collingwood.

None of the 5 teams I regard as contenders, as none have contended yet.

If someone asks me 'who do you think the 2024 contenders are', I say exactly what I have been saying in my last 20 posts.

If someone asks me 'who do you think the 2024 contenders will be', that is a very different question, and at this stage I'd say 'Sydney appear to be a class above all other teams, so wouldn't be surprised if they sweep the finals comfortably, in the absence of any other genuine contenders. Then any of Fremantle, Brisbane, GWS and/or Collingwood could gain some momentum and make a late charge. I don't predict any of Carlton, Port Adelaide, Essendon or Geelong genuinely contending for the 2024 flag.'
How are Fremantle, GWS and Collingwood ahead of Carlton in 2024?

Brisbane will only be contenders if they make top 4.

Carlton are second to Sydney as premiership contenders. Should finish top 2 and play all of their finals in Melbourne as I don't see them losing the QF. Sydney at the MCG are vulnerable and Carlton can beat them. I don't see how you can come up with another rational argument here.

Carlton are second to Sydney as premiership contenders. Should finish top 2 and play all of their finals in Melbourne as I don't see them losing the QF. Sydney at the MCG are vulnerable and Carlton can beat them. I don't see how you can come up with another rational argument here.
Wouldn’t waste your time on this mate. He’s the most blatant Carlton troll on bigfooty atm. Some might argue he could be the GOAT Carlton troll by the end of his career.

Sorry for having a different OPINION to you.

Incorrect, as usual.

Swans a long way ahead of everyone, and the MOST LIKELY TO CONTEND.

Other contenders to come from Fremantle, GWS, Brisbane and Collingwood.

None of the 5 teams I regard as contenders, as none have contended yet.
But apparently the Pies were going B2B and or 3peat. How would a that side not be a contender?

And you say others tie themselves in knots

It was half pie amusing watching clutch, but even delusion becomes boring and predictable

Truth be known, only reason I asked was to see you change feet, and you delivered

Bored now

So.....

On AFL 360, they had 5 criteria whereby every premier in the past 7 seasons (and both Grand Finalists from the past two seasons) were top 6 in all of them.

Carlton are currently:
Points Against: #15
Points Against From Turnovers: #1
Points From Turnover Differential: #2
Defensive 50 to Inside 50: #14
Inside 50 Differential: #10

Collingwood and Essendon currently have worse profiles.

Some work to do...

Brisbane, Sydney and Fremantle the best placed.

Hmmmm.

But apparently the Pies were going B2B and or 3peat. How would a that side not be a contender?

And you say others tie themselves in knots

It was half pie amusing watching clutch, but even delusion becomes boring and predictable

Truth be known, only reason I asked was to see you change feet, and you delivered

Bored now
Great. Does that mean you'll stop stalking me going forward?

Awesome.

South of the Yarra's prediction that the Blueshakes will cause Carlton's demise in finals is as reasonable as Carlton posters anointing their team a 'contender' before they actually contend.

They are both predictions based on different interpretations of data.
200.gif

Stats without context are meaningless.

Exhibit A: Blake Acres is a better and more damaging kick than Nick Daicos?
Screenshot_20240710_210019_Facebook.jpg

There is no clarification required.

All you need to do is answer a simple question.

I'll repeat it (again)

Right now knowing all you need to know - who do you think will finish higher in 2024 - Collingwood or Carlton?

To make it even easier for you...

who do you think will finish higher BEFORE finals commence?
Why on Earth do you care so much?

6 Carlton supporters engaging in a 10 page semantics debate about contending (NEEDING to know 1 Collingwood supporter's definition) and then NEEDING further appraisals on their team: "But are we a contender?!!".

Fadge it's like you have 6 or 7 needy children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 Carlton supporters engaging in a 10 page semantics debate about contending (NEEDING to know 1 Collingwood supporter's definition) and then NEEDING further appraisals on their team: "But are we a contender?!!".

We couldn't care less if we're considered 'a contender' or not by the general footy audience... We just want him to admit he's full of shite. I think we're all happy with how we're going but know theres a long way to go before any celebrations would be warranted.

I didn't realise there was a gatekeeper for interaction criteria

If a poster is vague and wants to continue responding to those seeking clarity........

"Why on earth do you care so much?"

I dunno I think my funny bones were reacting to Fudgey's verbal spaghetti about the 'contender' which goes on and on and on for pages and pages and pages and he keeps going on nd on and on for more pages..it is truly amazing this kind of furious faffing...

OR

Maybe because this is what the thread is supposed to be about?
or
Maybe Fudgey should be able to answer the simple question - but refuses to - and I find that funny?
or
Maybe I was tired of watching Blomberg and not answering calls closed my office door and flicked over to BF for a bit of easy fun?
or
Maybe I am actually interested in some logic/rationale above and beyond the banter as far as the thread goes?
or
Maybe someone like you would come in an ask a silly question instead of perhaps offering their own opinion?

So many possibilities for you to consider - since you asked.

Word out of Vic Park is that Jamie Elliott will play this week. Obviously everyone at least agrees that once he's back the pies shouldn't lose another game for the rest of the H&A season, and with Sydney starting to slip it is looking increasingly likely the pies will be back to back minor premiers. And the pies would feel like they have a competitive advantage heading into the finals series by finishing the H&A season on top of the ladder, having used the same positioning strategy to win their last two GFs.

Word out of Vic Park is that Jamie Elliott will play this week. Obviously everyone at least agrees that once he's back the pies shouldn't lose another game for the rest of the H&A season, and with Sydney starting to slip it is looking increasingly likely the pies will be back to back minor premiers. And the pies would feel like they have a competitive advantage heading into the finals series by finishing the H&A season on top of the ladder, having used the same positioning strategy to win their last two GFs.
Clearly another case of being dropped on your head during the birth process.

Just got to beat Geelong this week first.

I'm sure some will still have them as a contender if they lose, fun times
I was shocked when Fadge put Pies as a contender and not Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back