Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any more nominations from Carlton supporters for the list of premiership contenders as at the completion of round 17?

So far, I have feedback from three posters:
2 have gone with 'all teams aside from North Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast, who can no longer make finals';
Robertio has gone with the top 8 teams.

Anyone else?

Based on form - the teams I think are capable of winning finals against any other team if both teams are playing at their best on the MCG are:

Carlton and Brisbane

gap

Sydney Fremantle

gap

the rest

* by both playing at their best I mean any team playing against Carlton or Brisbane is playing at their best and Carlton, Brisbane are also playing at their best.

Fudgey can't be confident about Collingwood because they are currently not playing particularly well compared to (even) other sides in finals let alone the best. There are many reasons for this form slump - but (IMO) Losing Murphy has been a big blow to the defensive stopping power of Collingwood against teams with in form talls. The second reason is that lack of continuity due to some injuries( which Fudgey doesn't see as a valid excuse ) has a large impact on the team's ability to play at its best. The third reason is that the bouncy bounce through teh guts charge is now ubiquitous amongst the better teams and therefore the defensive response required is also better tested and proved.

all that has happened this year is that game style differences have been evened out as far as competitive advantage goes - and it all boils down to what really matters and that is 4 quarter pressure levels and winning important contests or moments and then executing.

The difference between this or that Club on any day is marginal between around 8 teams atm so we have a mad scramble for finishing positions going on - with lots of 8 point games coming up to add spice.

Good luck to Collingwood v Geelong - like last week a telling game for Collingwood coming up as is the game against the Doggies for Carlton.

With a bit of luck the game coming up against Collingwood- will be a dead rubber for Carlton as far as finals goes - but may be an opportunity to put the final nail in Collingwood's year for Carlton- and this complete the circle and clean the slate regarding 2022.

Incorrect, as usual.

Swans a long way ahead of everyone, and the MOST LIKELY TO CONTEND.

Other contenders to come from Fremantle, GWS, Brisbane and Collingwood.

None of the 5 teams I regard as contenders, as none have contended yet.
It’s simply a different language that’s being used here people.

Clearly not our mother tongue.

It’s called Fudgelish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'He'....sheesh....

As for Sticks - bona fide legend of the game.
I know most certainly know who he is...
Do you behave like this in the real world or just save it for BF?

One of the wildest things I have ever read in my 20+ years of using the Internet is what’s been happening on this thread. Carlton supporters wanting Collingwood supporters to admit that Carlton are contenders and Collingwood supporters wanting Carlton supporters to admit that if Collingwood make the finals they are contenders.

To admit either or both of those things is for both sets of supporters to be able to live together in harmony. 😂

One of the wildest things I have ever read in my 20+ years of using the Internet is what’s been happening on this thread. Carlton supporters wanting Collingwood supporters to admit that Carlton are contenders and Collingwood supporters wanting Carlton supporters to admit that if Collingwood make the finals they are contenders.

To admit either or both of those things is for both sets of supporters to be able to live together in harmony. 😂

I had both making finals this year, around 13-16 wins each

I think we get there, Pies still need another 4 wins and would scrape in

Which Collingwood supporters are seeking validation from Carlton supporters?

I suspect you're 'imagining'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back