Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate in his opinion and mine they are all best 22 players, he never said champion players he said best 22 players, why aren't you quoting any of the Pie supporters using injuries as an excuse?
Given Doch is a question mark, your injuries effectively amounted to Cerra, Gov, Saad and Fogarty for locked in best 23 players.

You want me to find Collingwood posters complaining when their injury list has amounted to more than that? What purpose would that achieve?

I've also corrected you that I have critiqued Collingwood supporters using injuries as a standalone excuse. Let me guess, you need me to spend 30 minutes finding a quote of mine doing so?

Given Doch is a question mark, your injuries effectively amounted to Cerra, Gov, Saad and Fogarty for locked in best 23 players.

You want me to find Collingwood posters complaining when their injury list has amounted to more than that? What purpose would that achieve?
You think Pie supporters haven't complained about their injuries?

You said you weren't biased but you are only aiming at Carlton supporters.

You said you weren't biased but you are only aiming at Carlton supporters.
They are the ones kicking back, accusing of bias, mocking and so on. And being so abrasive about everything. They have also whinged more often and more intensively this season, and are much more obsessive with semantics (look at how you have all followed Fadge around 24/7 demanding explanations - and are now doing the same with me).

All with the "people only pick on us...because they are BIASED" pathetic explanation.

The OR/RD1 thing I have mentioned in the past. There was no ladder at the beginning of OR and at the start of Round 1 some teams had not played and were ranked alphabetically. So that is why it starts at Round 2.

The division thing is wrong - I didn't notice that before. So Carlton's average should be 7.25 (still the lowest) not 6.8 and all of the other OR teams would increase their average a bit. Don't think it would change the ranking a whole lot but - maybe some very small changes.
Do the think the OR/R1 omission would make much of a difference, in consideration of the examples I gave you?

I would have thought to give it any credibility he'd have put some sort of a value on those games (I.e. season average), not simply omit more than 10% of the data.

And that is just to arrive at the MOST BASIC of conclusions, without taking into consideration all of the other variabilities that would need to be considered to arrive at a meaningful conclusion.

You think Pie supporters haven't complained about their injuries?
Their injury list for a few rounds this season (but not all) has been more complaint-worthy than Carlton's was earlier in the year. At other times, it has been similarly pathetic excuse making and a refusal to acknowledge the performance factors in their control that they have failed on.

Do the think the OR/R1 omission would make much of a difference, in consideration of the examples I gave you?

And that is just to arrive at the MOST BASIC of conclusions, without taking into consideration all of the other variability that would need to be considered to arrive at a meaningful conclusion.
It is based on ladder positions at the time which were not available for all teams in OR/RD1 so it's impossible to factor them in.

Again limitations and no analysis is perfect - just like people that use average % of opponents or current ladder positions.

Plus, have you noticed he only gives thumbs up to comments by Collingwood supporters only ? I suppose a 10 goal thumping will usually sway ones opinions to the dark side
Wow, we're seriously doing meta analysis on like buttons now?

Way to confirm my position that Carlton supporters are pathetically obsessive over the most minor of details.

When you're disagreeing with someone, is it normal to like their posts?

I was actually more vocal in criticising Carlton supporters posts after the Geelong win against them - and at that time was called a sore winner. Could it be that I simply disagree with the content of your posts? Especially the exaggerations and complaints about difficulty of fixture list, damaging effect of injury lists and umpiring (yes that was a thing for a while too)

They are the ones kicking back, accusing of bias, mocking and so on. And being so abrasive about everything. They have also whinged more often and more intensively this season, and are much more obsessive with semantics (look at how you have all followed Fadge around 24/7 demanding explanations - and are now doing the same with me).

All with the "people only pick on us...because they are BIASED" pathetic explanation.
That was a pathetic reply and you're here to troll Carlton supporters and that reply just gave you up, keep trolling mate and we'll see who lasts longer in this thread you or me.

Wow, we're seriously doing meta analysis on like buttons now? I was actually more vocal in criticising Carlton supporters posts after the Geelong win against them - and at that time was called a sore winner. Could it be that I simply disagree with the content of your posts?

Way to confirm my position that Carlton supporters are pathetically obsessive over the most minor of details.

When you're disagreeing with someone, is it normal to like their posts?
Your game is up mate.

It is based on ladder positions at the time which were not available for all teams in OR/RD1 so it's impossible to factor them in.

Again limitations and no analysis is perfect - just like people that use average % of opponents or current ladder positions.
It's not 'impossible' to factor in OR and R1.

Surely a reasonable position would be 'due to the absence of ladder positions for OR and R1, I have instead used the season average for those teams, which whilst not consistent with the approach for the remaining rounds, is better than excluding the rounds altogether'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a pathetic reply and you're here to troll Carlton supporters and that reply just gave you up, keep trolling mate and we'll see who lasts longer in this thread you or me.
If that's what you need to tell yourself, along with the big bad bias theory, feel free. You're an insecure bunch and so need unlikely explanations to cover the fact that people may simply disagree with you.

It's not 'impossible' to factor in OR and R1.

Surely a reasonable position would be 'due to the absence of ladder positions for OR and R1, I have instead used the season average for those teams, which whilst not consistent with the approach for the remaining rounds, is better than excluding the rounds altogether'.
It is impossible to fact in OR and RD1 using the same type of analysis used for the rest of the season. You would have to ask them why they didn't do what you suggested but my assumption would be that

Their injury list for a few rounds this season (but not all) has been more complaint-worthy than Carlton's was earlier in the year.
In your opinion you mean not a view held by true neutral supporters as a consensus

At other times, it has been similarly pathetic excuse making and a refusal to acknowledge the performance factors in their control that they have failed on.

They, as in all club supporters, even your own?

Lack of availability, in terms of outs whether for extended periods of less, of your better 22-28 hurts continuity and consistency, thus impacting on output, for all sides

It is impossible to fact in OR and RD1 using the same type of analysis used for the rest of the season. You would have to ask them why they didn't do what you suggested but my assumption would be that
Of course it would be that.

I hope you're seeing the table/analysis is not worth the paper it's written on, which is the point I'm making.

In your opinion you mean not a view held by true neutral supporters as a consensus

They, as in all club supporters, even your own?

Lack of availability, in terms of outs whether for extended periods of less, of your better 22-28 hurts continuity and consistency, thus impacting on output, for all sides
I'm not sure we can convince every poster on here to vote in a poll.

By "true neutral supporters" - yes just ask anyone that has ever known me, the one thing I despise is Carlton. And I adore Collingwood. More than my own team. Yep it all makes perfect sense.

Every supporter base has referenced injury lists before and even leaned into using them as cop outs. Some more vigorously, unjustifiably and more predominantly on the Main Board (rather than their club's forum) than others. Carlton supporters have been the most boisterous and dependent on their whining about that topic - or really any topic that they see as giving them a disadvantage. The exaggerations and deflections, I have pointed out and boy have I received a lot of vitriol for daring to do so. Anything I state about your team or its supporters is merely MY OPINION, yes (do I need to start adding this to the end of every statement? I would've thought it's self explanatory and assumed).

Worm4 A Collingwood supporter just liked my post. The conspiracy continues.

Am I secret agent? Double agent? Does this tie in with the Trump assassination attempt, Watergate and maybe even the moon landing?

We need to deep digger, I think you're onto something. I'm starting to think I am a cyborg created by McRae, specifically designed to antagonise Carlton supporting cry babies.

See you later mate.

Thsi Meow boke just isn't over teh 10 goal pantsing his beloved hoopers copped ...

very funny melts going on with every post - slanging off at all Carlton poster sand making unprovable hyperbolic generalisations - straight out of the fudgey book of THE ABACUS and BOOKIES ODDs...

Meow - I suggest that your posting is a hyperbolic function looking for an imaginary maximum - which makes your posting ( guess what?) wait for it ...

wait for it...

waiting?

a MINIMUM.

Who will be better in 2024 Colliungwodo or Carlton....

still not decided but SILENCE from Fudgey who has his hopes pinned to the tail of faith.

Good luck

tic tock
tic tock

Thsi Meow boke just isn't over teh 10 goal pantsing his beloved hoopers copped ...

very funny melts going on with every post - slanging off at all Carlton poster sand making unprovable hyperbolic generalisations - straight out of the fudgey book of THE ABACUS and BOOKIES ODDs...

Meow - I suggest that your posting is a hyperbolic function looking for an imaginary maximum - which makes your posting ( guess what?) wait for it ...

wait for it...

waiting?

a MINIMUM.

Who will be better in 2024 Colliungwodo or Carlton....

still not decided but SILENCE from Fudgey who has his hopes pinned to the tail of faith.

Good luck

tic tock
tic tock
Mate I posted in here pleeeeenty of times before that result, because the Carlton supporter whinging was actually its most intense not long after round 7 (remember that one?). And now that there's finally been a couple of losses, the whinging has returned - this time not around injuries, but about biased posters picking on your supporters and their club.

The hyperbolic function spiel was actually an entertaining read - perhaps try coaching Robertio, whose ripostes have been about as witty as a dried apricot.

Carlton will be better than Collingwood in 2024.

That's this neutral's, sorry I mean BIASED person's opinion. Carlton remain the 2nd most likely team to win the flag. On that front I disagree with Fadge, but I'm sure he's not about to cry about having a difference of opinion.

Mate I posted in here pleeeeenty of times before that result, because the Carlton supporter whinging was actually its most intense not long after round 7 (remember that one?). And now that there's finally been a couple of losses, the whinging has returned - this time not around injuries, but about biased posters picking on your supporters and their club.

The hyperbolic function spiel was actually an entertaining read - perhaps try coaching Robertio, whose ripostes have been about as witty as a dried apricot.

Carlton will be better than Collingwood in 2024.

That's this neutral's, sorry I mean BIASED person's opinion. Carlton remain the 2nd most likely team to win the flag. On that front I disagree with Fadge, but I'm sure he's not about to cry about having a difference of opinion.
See you are triggered mate, lets see how you go telling the truth and if you make a claim back it up with quotes and lets not get personal or throw insults as it's against the rules and one more thing Carlton are higher on the ladder than Collingwood and Geelong even with all the injuries we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back