Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

These Carlton posters have short memories.

They're offended that I don't yet consider Carlton a contender, but when I asked them who the 2023 contenders were, I was given a list of 5 teams, with Port Adelaide excluded...
Tbf port have the donut Hinkley handicap which makes them an automatic non contender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's talk about our favourite Pies grand final defeats! Outside of the Carlton ones i'll go for the West Coast Eagles in 2018.

It was a classic Collingwood bottle job. They went five goals in front. They were leading for most of the game, only to go down to a Dom Sheed goal with under two minutes left on the clock.:laughv1:

1980 against Richmond was another good one as well.:laughv1:

Let's talk about our favourite Pies grand final defeats! Outside of the Carlton ones i'll go for the West Coast Eagles in 2018.

It was a classic Collingwood bottle job. They went five goals in front. They were leading for most of the game, only to go down to a Dom Sheed goal with under two minutes left on the clock.:laughv1:

Nice picks 👍

2018 Blues finished 18th wooden spoon 🤩 classic Carlton whole season bottle job, loved every second of that

1980 another good one as well, Blues finished 2nd and were flag favourites, choked horribly in both finals, thrashed and knocked out gloriously by the Tiges and Pies in straight sets 🥰😍🤩

Thanks for the happy memories, got any more? 🥲

Nice picks 👍

2018 Blues finished 18th wooden spoon 🤩 classic Carlton whole season bottle job, loved every second of that

1980 another good one as well, Blues finished 2nd and were flag favourites, choked horribly in both finals, thrashed and knocked out gloriously by the Tiges and Pies in straight sets 🥰😍🤩

Thanks for the happy memories, got any more? 🥲
That's cheating i said what's your favourite Pies grand final defeat?:p

Take a bow Dom Sheed :tearsofjoy:

Really looking forward to the 2nd half of the season....

Excluding the Swans, we have the best winning ratio against top 8 sides and have played 2 more games against top 8 sides compared to the Pies

We have also played 2 less games against bottom 8 sides

Yet, still a win ahead

We also didn’t need umpires to win us a game against North Melbourne. 😂 Not as big of a black mark as losing a Grand Final against St Kilda, but it is still a black mark.

YouTube... wasn't even a thing when Carlton last crept into a Grand Final (and got belted).
WW2 was more than 20 years in the future the last time Collingwood beat Carlton in a grand final....

YouTube... wasn't even a thing when Carlton last crept into a Grand Final (and got belted).
I think at one stage in the third quarter we were close enough until the Roos pulled away in the end.

Unlike Collingwood though we don't celebrate being also rans at Carlton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back